CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my 2yo eats with his hair , can i still co-wash

5 posters

Go down

my 2yo eats with his hair , can i still co-wash Empty my 2yo eats with his hair , can i still co-wash

Post by mooksBee 7th April 2010, 10:08 pm

i'm new here and planning on starting cowashing my hair after my round 2 BC tomorrow (yay!!!). so i want to start on my son too but his hair is SO messy and dirty at the end of the day i feel like a cowash just won't cut it. do you all cowash at this age? also, after i moisturize his hair in the morning it just feels like a waste because he rolls around so much on the carpet it's dry again in minutes. any suggestions?
mooksBee
mooksBee

Back to top Go down

my 2yo eats with his hair , can i still co-wash Empty Re: my 2yo eats with his hair , can i still co-wash

Post by LaFemmeRouge 7th April 2010, 11:39 pm

@mooksBee - Wow, thanks for posting this question. I was just looking at my son's hair today wondering how I'm going to get him on the bandwagon of caring for his curly hair. I will be following this thread...

LaFemmeRouge

Back to top Go down

my 2yo eats with his hair , can i still co-wash Empty Re: my 2yo eats with his hair , can i still co-wash

Post by DreamMerchant 11th April 2010, 1:20 am

I cowash my 2 year olds hair and shampoo every Sunday. With it being summer now, I do not know if I can get away with that. She is rough and loves doing head stands on anything that will hold her up. I find that the cowash helps to keeo the tangles away which means tear free fighting. I cowash Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 11th April 2010, 8:13 pm

I think cowashing will help if his hair gets messy every day. I think it would be better than using shampoo. Maybe like a previous poster, shampoo once a week. Now, I can't really imagine how messy a 2 year olds hair can get, unless they are putting food in their hair or something. Otherwise, rolling around on the carpet and getting lint in the hair is pretty normal. Cowashing should help. Also, if he does get lint in his hair, the Denman brush gets it out very easily. For us anyway.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 11th April 2010, 9:51 pm

I like the Denman BeBop for my daughters hair
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by mooksBee 12th April 2010, 9:20 pm

NikG20 wrote:Now, I can't really imagine how messy a 2 year olds hair can get, unless they are putting food in their hair or something.

yes this is exactly what he does. whenever he gets messy, googy food on his hands he rubs it in his hair...good times. i'll have to look into the deman brushes, thanks for the suggestion!

@dream merchant - ok, i'll try once a week. is there a shampoo you suggest?
mooksBee
mooksBee

Back to top Go down

Post by mooksBee 20th April 2010, 4:39 pm

i took this pic just for this thread, this was snack time...applesauce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mooksBee
mooksBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th April 2010, 5:06 pm

lol he does wipe food in his hair.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down