CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBD (Big, Beautiful Divas)

+15
SisterBoyd
specialk
crvng4mr
ktoliver5303
MsKendrala
Treece
Free2Be
Curly_Aquarius
lumii
Venom
Yellagirlcurls
NylaCoils
DvaAuNaturel
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BBD (Big, Beautiful Divas) - Page 2 Empty Re: BBD (Big, Beautiful Divas)

Post by SisterBoyd 22nd April 2010, 1:16 am

Try this site for summer dresses and tops. http://www.alight.com I just bought 2 dresses, but I need to get a bigger size.

For bras I go to the Wizardof Bras here in Los Angeles County, but they have a website http://www.wizardofbras.com/. They import their bras from Europe and I swear by them. You can reasonably priced bras or expensive bras.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 22nd April 2010, 1:17 am

Yellagirlcurls wrote:I'm in Texas, so not sure if this will apply for you or not. We have an outlet mall, and I go to the Maiden Form Outlet. They measure and fit you in a good bra. I lost 5lbs immediately just lifting my girls up where they belong (breastfeeding two babies takes its toll, lemme tell ya!). I like to get the minimizers if I can. I've also heard great things about Petticoat Fair. Not sure if that's a big chain or not. Go to those places that just sell bras etc. They'll know how to fit you. It's worth paying a little more for a good bra.

My fav place to shop is NY & Co. I'm tall and they have pants long enough for me. I will also hit JC Penny's too. Cute stuff!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Yaayyy!!!! A breastfeeder!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 22nd April 2010, 10:16 pm

Hey ladies, have you heard about this story yet?

Plus sized hypocrisy

I read it online at work and was furious. Evil or Very Mad

*About the online shops...maybe it's where I live, but in the small circle where I work and go to church, etc. most larger women all shop at LB, Avenue, Dillards. So at work where most of us are a little heavier, we'll wind up wearing the same thing. It bothers me. LOL So that's why I take chances online at sites that do not have a local presence...at least I know no one else will be wearing my top or skirt, etc. most of the time. And one other thing I've learned is to be diligent...everyone's busy, but if I miss a day checking out one of these websites (or my email and I'm registered at them all so I receive the emails with coupons, etc.) I will miss out on great sales. So that's my bit of advice...sign up for the emails and if at all possible, just quickly browse each site's Sale/Clearance section and New Arrivals.

I do that at Nordstrom the most. I have watched fabulous designer label dresses drop from $200+ to $54. You've just got to be patient and persistent.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd April 2010, 11:10 pm

Great Thread!!

Chrs my best consultation for the twins was at Nordstroms..pricey but I was please wth my purchases. 38h here!

For my suits I shop Macy's Lord & Taylor, Marshalls and Loehmans when I feel like searching. I am thinking about investing in a tailor because I have to get a large jacket to accommodate the twins and that makes me look bigger than I am.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 22nd April 2010, 11:46 pm

I actually love Torrid.com for some really cute dresses and skirts. I also get my boots from torrid as well. I have really big calves (even when my weight is not fluctuating) and their kneehigh boots fit me wonderfully.

Up until recently I had a real problem with finding bras at vickies secret and therefore was ordering from fredericks of hollywood. Fredericks bras are cheaper than victorias and tend to be way cuter.

I've found that since gaining weight I'm now a 36 D, but only 36DD bras will fit me from Victoria's Secret. And it's true that once you get past the D's there are no more cute styles or colors. All I was left to choose from was black and white polka dot, brown and nude and a pastel yellow.

I chose the polka dot lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 23rd April 2010, 2:34 am

Free2Be wrote:Hey ladies, have you heard about this story yet?

Plus sized hypocrisy

I read it online at work and was furious. Evil or Very Mad

*About the online shops...maybe it's where I live, but in the small circle where I work and go to church, etc. most larger women all shop at LB, Avenue, Dillards. So at work where most of us are a little heavier, we'll wind up wearing the same thing. It bothers me. LOL So that's why I take chances online at sites that do not have a local presence...at least I know no one else will be wearing my top or skirt, etc. most of the time. And one other thing I've learned is to be diligent...everyone's busy, but if I miss a day checking out one of these websites (or my email and I'm registered at them all so I receive the emails with coupons, etc.) I will miss out on great sales. So that's my bit of advice...sign up for the emails and if at all possible, just quickly browse each site's Sale/Clearance section and New Arrivals.

I do that at Nordstrom the most. I have watched fabulous designer label dresses drop from $200+ to $54. You've just got to be patient and persistent.

Yeah that was not Kosher, assuming all of that was true...and it's not hard to believe. I'm really disappointed that we're still harboring some ideals on skinny women. I have nothing against skinnier women, but we have the same body parts...just a little more, so what makes hers more important to be shown on tv? Personally I don't think either should be shown during A.I., wait until later at night. But that article was a load of bull.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by cherece 27th April 2010, 5:29 pm

I usually go to Fredrick's of Hollywood for my "nice" bras (I'm 40DD) and underwear and I will go to Walmart or Target for the Just My Size bras and underwear that I wear for everyday use. I go to Torrid for my casual clothes and to buy boots (since they are one of the few companies that sell boots for us big girls that have larger calves) and I will go to Avenue and Lane Bryant for work clothes since i work in a Business-Casual environment(I don't like their casual clothes, they make me feel older than I am - you know it's bad when someone twice your age complements your clothes). I know that Lane Bryant always offers free bra fittings when I go in there but I haven't bought any of their bras.

cherece

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 8th June 2010, 11:17 am

I live overseas and here in Japan there is nothing that will fit me cause all japanese are really small . But I usually shop at Torrid (which has already been said) but there is also Silhouettes , jessica london, Onestopplus, and romans....all of them are .com , Most of them also sale bras [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] hope this helps . oh and newport news also sales some plus size
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th June 2010, 1:40 pm

Thanks ladies for all the options!

I purchased bras from Nordstrom a couple of weeks ago. I am pleased with the experience and fit. I tried not to get caught up with the cup size and focus on the fit. Man, it's hard though.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2