CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBD (Big, Beautiful Divas)

+15
SisterBoyd
specialk
crvng4mr
ktoliver5303
MsKendrala
Treece
Free2Be
Curly_Aquarius
lumii
Venom
Yellagirlcurls
NylaCoils
DvaAuNaturel
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BBD (Big, Beautiful Divas) Empty BBD (Big, Beautiful Divas)

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st April 2010, 12:43 pm

Hi ladies,

I only shop twice a year because I hate it. I am 43.25 (36H) up top and 45" down below. My waist is 35". I would like to know where others like me shop for cute clothes especially in the spring and summer.

Also, where do you purchase bras? I usually shop at Big Girls' Bras online.

TIA

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 16th April 2010, 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected grammar)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

BBD (Big, Beautiful Divas) Empty Re: BBD (Big, Beautiful Divas)

Post by lena73 2nd April 2010, 7:19 pm

Since my weight goes up and down...so you already know that means my bra size does also.
My largest has been 40DDD, I lost weight so its like 38DD - but it should be DDD. I am pushing the girls in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But getting back to your question, you will be surprised but Old Navy has improved their women's section. Also Marshalls...but I hate rummaging.
Jazz it up with accessories
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd April 2010, 9:57 pm

I am full figured and always on the hunt for cute clothes, for work and fun. My favorite go to place is Nordstrom, for everything. I also like Macy's online, Ross, and Bloomingdales. Talbots, Old Navy, the Gap, Avenue, and Ralph Lauren are also good places to shop. I've ordered from all of them online.

I haven't ordered from but found these sites also:
http://www.evans.co.uk
http://www.leeleesvalise.com/
http://svobodastyle.com/ (great jeans)
http://www.bodenusa.com/
http://www.igigi.com/
http://www.donnaricco.com/

HTH

~Dva~
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 2nd April 2010, 10:59 pm

I shop at Ross & I love Ashely Stewart!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 2nd April 2010, 11:23 pm

oh yes...ashley stewart is good.
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellagirlcurls 3rd April 2010, 12:08 am

I'm in Texas, so not sure if this will apply for you or not. We have an outlet mall, and I go to the Maiden Form Outlet. They measure and fit you in a good bra. I lost 5lbs immediately just lifting my girls up where they belong (breastfeeding two babies takes its toll, lemme tell ya!). I like to get the minimizers if I can. I've also heard great things about Petticoat Fair. Not sure if that's a big chain or not. Go to those places that just sell bras etc. They'll know how to fit you. It's worth paying a little more for a good bra.

My fav place to shop is NY & Co. I'm tall and they have pants long enough for me. I will also hit JC Penny's too. Cute stuff!
Yellagirlcurls
Yellagirlcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd April 2010, 12:34 am

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will check out your recommendations. I am trying to step up my game in a host of different areas.

Continue to post, please.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd April 2010, 9:59 am

Hey Chrs
Co-workers have told me about Loehmanns and H&M too. I haven't personally tried them but they rave about them.

One place I have had good luck with too is Marshall's.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Venom 4th April 2010, 5:01 am

H&M is great, but i'm not sure their size range goes very high..been years since I've lived anywhere near one. I used to work at Lane Bryant, but theyre pretty hit and miss, the only good thing they consistently have is good bras and jeans, not crazy about their tops. I loove Target for clothes.

Venom

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 4th April 2010, 12:33 pm

Just wanted to recommend h&m. There's no city in germany without h&m [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anyway they have special plus size things and I know people who order their stuff from online and they're pleased.
www.hm.com
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 12th April 2010, 11:26 pm

I love Torrid and Avenue
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 14th April 2010, 12:56 am

Yay! I love this thread. I'm seeing a couple of shops I haven't heard of.

I love the bras from Lane Bryant/Cacique. You really have to try them on though. A different style bra in my usual size fits me completely differently. I've also been measured at Dillard's, but I don't care for the variety of options there.

As far as regular clothes are concerned I found a new favorite and recently received my first shipment and I LOVE the items. Kiyonna Now, to me they are a bit pricey, but after checking LB, the prices are comparable. I ordered the stretch twill pencil skirt and I measured myself and matched it to their sizing and it fits perfectly. I have never been able to wear a skirt without looking sawed off, but it's curvy in all the right places and all I need is the right pair of pumps to go with. I also ordered the Ellis ruffled top (I think that's what it's called) and one of the other's a blue mosaic print. The fit was/is perfect. They're both a little low-cut and too sexy for work without a cami underneath.

Also, I scrounge for sales at J. Jill and Coldwater Creek. The clothes are a bit older than I care for (I'm 36), but they are work-appropriate, kwim? I felt a bit too sexy today in my Kiyonna top even with the cami. The 8th grade boys were wanting hugs. LOL

I've gotten good deals at Nordstrom (sale items), Land's End (t-shirt dresses for spring/summer, pants, shorts, tops, etc.), Igigi, Macy's, Woman Within and Dillard's. Dillard's online doesn't exactly show what's in the store and I find that if I scour the Women's section from one end to the other or visit the Nashville Dillards there will be different items on the floor.

I've purchased items from Old Navy as well, but some of my tees and shorts really didn't hold up after a few washings. I'd rather pay a little more and have the clothes last longer.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 15th April 2010, 8:05 pm

I'm personally like "in the middle", so things in lane bryant don't work for me because the tops I like are too big. Jeans and bras are fantastic though...

I like Fashion Bug, and Ashley Stewart has nice clothes though I haven't bought anything...in fact I haven't shopped in a few years. I'm addicted to sweats.

I also like Macy's and JCPenny's is alright...anndd that would be about it. Very Happy

Oh and you can't forget Dots when you're on a budget. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 16th April 2010, 12:21 am

I get bras from Lane Bryant twice a yr during the Semi Annual Sale (dec/jan and june) when they are buy 2 get 2 free. I cant say that ive found any other place that sells bras that keep my up and at attention. other then that i only get jeans from Lane Bryant but ill get a top from anywhere! as long as its cute and i have the money its as good as mine! Very Happy
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th April 2010, 1:00 am

I am a Torrid Girl. I like it because it has clothes that do not have you looking like your 80. Just because I have curves do not mean I want to dress crazy. They also have GREAT shoes online. I can do Lane Bryant Jeans but not tops because I am not a busty chic I have assets if you know what I am sayin. But Maiden Form does size you when you get there. I think the only thing I did not like was the pointy bras.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 18th April 2010, 6:51 pm

All I need to know now is where to get some pretty, sexy shoes for my size 12 12 1/2 feet, I am so ashamed.....
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th April 2010, 7:24 pm

@Curly_Aquarius. Don't be ashamed of your feet. That is how God made you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You should check out Nordstrom. My sister wears a 12 and we go there a couple times a year and rack up on shoes for her. Some we have to order and they ship.

Also, try zappos.com and piperlime.com.

I know there is another online shop specifically tailored to size 10+ but will have to check w/my mom and sister for the name and/or link.

Good luck!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th April 2010, 11:56 pm

@Free2Be, thanks for the links. I went to one of the sites, and it provided information on which styles work best on my figure. I used it as a guideline for shopping. I must say I am very happy with my purchases, thanks a bunch [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th April 2010, 12:24 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:@Curly_Aquarius. Don't be ashamed of your feet. That is how God made you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You should check out Nordstrom. My sister wears a 12 and we go there a couple times a year and rack up on shoes for her. Some we have to order and they ship.

Also, try zappos.com and piperlime.com.

I know there is another online shop specifically tailored to size 10+ but will have to check w/my mom and sister for the name and/or link.

Good luck!
Girrrrrl! Thank you so much for the info I really am going to try those stores, Thank you for the kind words, I just say I am Unique Monique with big feet! Laughing But thanks again Diva!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 19th April 2010, 7:04 pm

My go tos are Nordstrom's and Dillard's for clothes, shoes (size 11), and bras (38 HH). I just found a great site but they only have stores in the UK called Bravissimo. They have really pretty, sexy and cute bras and sets and also clothing for big busted chics. Ashley Stewart and Lane Bryant are hit or miss for me. I like Coldwater Creek sometimes for work and Talbots. For casual Gap, Old Navy, H&M and Target. All the places mentioned have sizes at least to 20. My only problem is my chest fitting in everything sometimes.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th April 2010, 9:55 pm

crvng4mr wrote:My go tos are Nordstrom's and Dillard's for clothes, shoes (size 11), and bras (38 HH). I just found a great site but they only have stores in the UK called Bravissimo. They have really pretty, sexy and cute bras and sets and also clothing for big busted chics. Ashley Stewart and Lane Bryant are hit or miss for me. I like Coldwater Creek sometimes for work and Talbots. For casual Gap, Old Navy, H&M and Target. All the places mentioned have sizes at least to 20. My only problem is my chest fitting in everything sometimes.
Nordstroms is HIGH!! But I found good affordable shoes at Avenue.com up to a size 14 cheers
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 19th April 2010, 10:50 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
crvng4mr wrote:My go tos are Nordstrom's and Dillard's for clothes, shoes (size 11), and bras (38 HH). I just found a great site but they only have stores in the UK called Bravissimo. They have really pretty, sexy and cute bras and sets and also clothing for big busted chics. Ashley Stewart and Lane Bryant are hit or miss for me. I like Coldwater Creek sometimes for work and Talbots. For casual Gap, Old Navy, H&M and Target. All the places mentioned have sizes at least to 20. My only problem is my chest fitting in everything sometimes.
Nordstroms is HIGH!! But I found good affordable shoes at Avenue.com up to a size 14 cheers

Not when they have their sales. I bought 2 complete suits on clearance for total $82. Their non sale price was over $350. Shoes also! They have great sales all the time and their is always a clearance rack.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th April 2010, 10:51 pm

crvng4mr wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:

Not when they have their sales. I bought 2 complete suits on clearance for total $82. Their non sale price was over $350. Shoes also! They have great sales all the time and their is always a clearance rack.
Did not even think to check out the sales, dummy me!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th April 2010, 12:12 am

Nordstrom sells bras in larger cup sizes. Hmmm, I may have to check them out.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by specialk 20th April 2010, 10:48 am

Thanks for this topic...very informative.
specialk
specialk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next