CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

keeping the shine away

+4
ChrsLvsBks
jac.attack
Raytay
brandiitneka
8 posters

Go down

keeping the shine away Empty keeping the shine away

Post by brandiitneka 27th March 2010, 11:19 pm

ok, so i love makeup. i dont wear it everyday but when i do its like my face gets so shiny within a couple hours. I use mac studio fix pressed powder and concealer. i use an oil free moisturizer and i use makeup primer. i need to get this under control before i bc and before summer comes. can yall please help me???!!! see what i mean!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

keeping the shine away Empty Re: keeping the shine away

Post by Raytay 29th March 2010, 1:14 pm

I totally understand! I used to wear mac studio fix for years (decided to try cheap Loreal a while ago and I LOVE IT so I might not go back). I have this same problem. Oil Mattifier (sp?) from Mary Kay works well for me. It goes on over your moisterizer and under your makeup. Dont get me wrong, I'm oily still.. but by 4pm rather than noon! HTH
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 29th March 2010, 6:09 pm

I have this problem too and ever since my mom got me hooked on MAC I've been looking for a way to keep it looking nice all day because...that stuff is too expensive to have it disappear in the middle of the day!

The one thing I've noticed that has helped me is bentonite clay masks. After I use it my skin doesn't near as oily the next couple of days as it would with out it. I just started a month or so ago but I've noticed improvement and I'm thinking of doing a couple of times a week so it will hopefully improve even more.

Also when I get oily I use those oil blotting wipes from the body shop (from the tea tree oil line). They don't really remove the makeup and the tea tree oil is supposed to stop blemishes and control oil.

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 29th March 2010, 6:21 pm

idreamof wrote:I have this problem too and ever since my mom got me hooked on MAC I've been looking for a way to keep it looking nice all day because...that stuff is too expensive to have it disappear in the middle of the day!

The one thing I've noticed that has helped me is bentonite clay masks. After I use it my skin doesn't near as oily the next couple of days as it would with out it. I just started a month or so ago but I've noticed improvement and I'm thinking of doing a couple of times a week so it will hopefully improve even more.

Also when I get oily I use those oil blotting wipes from the body shop (from the tea tree oil line). They don't really remove the makeup and the tea tree oil is supposed to stop blemishes and control oil.

Where do you buy the bentonite clay? I really want to try this, I keep seeing people mention it.
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 30th March 2010, 5:36 pm

I bought mine at whole foods. I think the brand is Aztec. It has a pyramid on the front and says "FEEL YOUR FACE PULSATE" on the back. lol

Today is the second day after using it and my skin isn't as shiny or oil as it would be just using my regular regime. It actually isn't very shiny at all.

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 30th March 2010, 6:08 pm

Perfect! I can do Whole Foods. I hate paying shipping cost and waiting on stuff to come through the mail [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm going to try it this weekend! LOL @ "feel your face pulsate". Already!
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st March 2010, 12:03 pm

I have used bentonite clay, red clay (purchased at local organic market) and lemon powder (purchsed at local Indian grocery store). I am happy to say that my face is less shiny.

@idreamof, how often do you do the clay masks? How long have you been using it? TIA
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st March 2010, 12:06 pm

Raytay wrote:I totally understand! I used to wear mac studio fix for years (decided to try cheap Loreal a while ago and I LOVE IT so I might not go back). I have this same problem. Oil Mattifier (sp?) from Mary Kay works well for me. It goes on over your moisterizer and under your makeup. Dont get me wrong, I'm oily still.. but by 4pm rather than noon! HTH
[size=12]I recently started wearing makeup? May I have the name of the Loreal makeup you purchase? TIA

I am going to try the oil mattifier (sp?). A person across the hall from my office sells Mary Kay. Thanks![/size]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 31st March 2010, 12:28 pm

No problem! I use Loreal True Match Powder. I think it was about $6! Its been really good to my sensitive combination skin thus far! No complaints at all. Let me know how the oil mattifier works too! You'll find that it comes in a somewhat skinny tube, so you dont need to use much. I think my tube lasts me a good 2 months.
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 31st March 2010, 4:13 pm

@ChrsLvsBks- I do the mask at least once a week but I'm trying to do it twice because I think my skin really likes it.

Also, I just started using rosewater which might contributing to less oil. I have really sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and everything that would help with the acne would make my skin hurt so bad I would stop using it. The rosewater is a really good toner (for me anyway) and it doesn't dry my skin out which in turn doesn't make it produce more oil. Plus, my skin is getting clearer and feels very soft.

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 31st March 2010, 10:52 pm

idreamof wrote:@ChrsLvsBks- I do the mask at least once a week but I'm trying to do it twice because I think my skin really likes it.

Also, I just started using rosewater which might contributing to less oil. I have really sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and everything that would help with the acne would make my skin hurt so bad I would stop using it. The rosewater is a really good toner (for me anyway) and it doesn't dry my skin out which in turn doesn't make it produce more oil. Plus, my skin is getting clearer and feels very soft.

Girl your skin looks great compared to my acne mess!! where do you get your rose water? i have heard alot about it but have never used it.
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 31st March 2010, 11:43 pm

Aw thank you! That picture is a miracle picture though lol. My skin usually doesn't look that clear in real life. The rosewater I use is Thayers rose petal witch hazel from whole foods. It has vitamin E and grape fruit seed extract, glycerin and aloe vera juice and some other things I just can't remember off the top of my head.

And I use African black soap as my cleanser. I can't say exactly what has made the acne go away but it's been a combo of bentonite, rosewater/ witch hazel, and this acne med also from whole foods called blemish treatment lotion with jojoba oil& aloe Vera as a moisturizer. I just started this about a week ago and I've seen a lot of improvement.

Last edited by idreamof on 31st March 2010, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo + more info)

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by symmy 16th April 2010, 1:49 pm

A great trick that I learned from an aesthetician is to only wash you face once a day.
Wash your face with cleanser in the evening and in the morning, only wash with warm water and then use a toner and moisturizer. This helps your skin to not overproduce sebum (oil).

I used to have ridiculously oily skin and now i don't even have to blot once throughout the day!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I use African Black Soap to cleanse at night and in the morning just warm water and i use a toner that has witch hazel, rosewater and ACV. I dont remember the name of it but i'll check and let you guys know.
I also use 100% aloe vera gel as my moisturizer (Fruit of the Earth). I find shea butter makes me look too oily so i only use it on my face before bed.

Once or twice a week i also do the oil cleansing method.
symmy
symmy

Back to top Go down

Post by symmy 19th April 2010, 9:59 am

Ok so the name of the toner that I use is Earth Science Clarifying Herbal Astringent.
Here's the ingredient list: Water (Aqua), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Apple Cider Vinegar, Polysorbate 20, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract, Sodium PCA, Camphor, Cellulose Gum, Sulfur, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).
symmy
symmy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th April 2010, 11:24 am

@RayTay, I like the Mary Kay mattifier, thank you. I just hope it continues to work as it gets warmer here on the East coast.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by daniele 19th April 2010, 6:26 pm

What has really helped my skin:
-washing only once a day like symmy said above
-using clinique pore minimizer as a primer
-using duo mat foundation by makeup forever - my face hardly gets oily w/ this foundation, but it does with every other one

daniele

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 19th April 2010, 6:50 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:@RayTay, I like the Mary Kay mattifier, thank you. I just hope it continues to work as it gets warmer here on the East coast.

awesome! glad you like it.
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 20th April 2010, 9:47 am

i dont where much foundation, but usually whenever i wear foundation and pressed powder together my oily-ness comes out....sometimes its recommended to use oil free foundations but that still doesnt work for me....i would suggest looking into the matte finishes as ChrsLvsKbs suggested and find a product that may be geared toward oily skin...cuz alot of them are oil based...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by drawmuhfree 27th April 2010, 8:53 pm

symmy wrote:Ok so the name of the toner that I use is Earth Science Clarifying Herbal Astringent.
Here's the ingredient list: Water (Aqua), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Apple Cider Vinegar, Polysorbate 20, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract, Sodium PCA, Camphor, Cellulose Gum, Sulfur, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

Where do you purchase this toner? I am practically on my way to whole foods but if this can be found on the ground I would like to check it out also.
drawmuhfree
drawmuhfree

Back to top Go down

Post by symmy 30th April 2010, 10:09 am

@drawmuhfree I bought mine at a local health food store, it's around $9. I live in Canada so we don't have whole foods but check out your local health food store. You can find more info at http://www.shopearthessentials.com/pd_clarifying_herbal_astringent_9_oz.cfm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
symmy
symmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down