CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my very different twins

2 posters

Go down

my very different twins Empty my very different twins

Post by sdlovette 24th March 2010, 11:00 pm

Okay...I am transitioning currently about 8 months since my last relaxer. I've been wearing a variety of styles to mask my two textures HOWEVER lately the difference has become REALLY noticeable. I normally wear a braid out or flat twist out with the red jerry curl rollers at the end so that I come out with this nice curly look but latley since I've taken out my kinky twist my new growth has looked extremely DULL and DRY while my permed hair is shiny and soft. My new growth is soft too but it looks super dull compared to my permed hair.

I rebraid every night moisturizing with garnier fructise leave in conditioning creme and blended shea butter with EVCO. It's almost like my new growth is being super greedy!!!! like i cant put enough on it... lately i've tried the s-curl no drip and my new growth still doesn't shine...it's soft and manageable but no shine...what do i do? I think I've tried everything i can think of...conditioner, hair lotion, s curl, even gel which was the last resort?
sdlovette
sdlovette

Back to top Go down

my very different twins Empty Re: my very different twins

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 25th March 2010, 2:29 pm

How often do you DC? Do you clarify often? I don't DT regularly but I do prepoo with condish and oil and then I baggy for several hours. If your looking for sheen NOT shine try incoporating carrier oils like EVCO, EVOO, castor, etc directly into your products. After I shingle my freshly cowashed hair with Curls' Curl Souffle I evenly distribute a bit of castor oil through my strands. I did that on Sunday night and my hair is still hydrated. If you're going to use the leave-in as your source for moisture, dilute it with some water and then follow with the butter or oil of your choice.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by sdlovette 26th March 2010, 10:31 am

Thnks I'll try this too. I DC every week and clarify once a month. I do use the EVCO and EVOO and the JBCO and even the regular castor oil but my new growth continues to look dry compared to my relaxed hair. It's SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO thirsty!
sdlovette
sdlovette

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 26th March 2010, 11:09 am

What kind of deep conditioner do you use? I use Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie and have in the past used ORS Replenishing Pak. Another thing to consider is has your products been changed to more natural friendly items instead of what you used on your hair while relaxed. I switched my products once I decided to go natural. I added more moisture than protein.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down