CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toying With the Idea of BCing!!!

+4
mslys09
Lynnieluve
jac.attack
mstokes2008
8 posters

Go down

Toying With the Idea of BCing!!! Empty Toying With the Idea of BCing!!!

Post by mstokes2008 21st March 2010, 6:02 pm

So after a braidout gone wrong I ended up just pulling my hair into a ponytail that wouldn't lay down smoothly and discovered that it kind of looked like I had a TWA!!! I was beyond excited!!! I pulled out a few bobby pins and began visualizing myself without my SL hair and with a cute lil TWA!!! I didn't think I could pull the look off, but I'm starting to think otherwise. What do you guys think??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Toying With the Idea of BCing!!! Empty Re: Toying With the Idea of BCing!!!

Post by mstokes2008 21st March 2010, 6:27 pm

So I sent the last pic to my boyfriend and my mom... My mom thought it was cute but my boyfriend said he doesn't think super short hair "fits" my head. I knew he didn't want me to cut it but wth is that supposed to mean? I have a super huge head or something. To say the least I'm feeling kind of down all of a sudden. So much for him supporting me through anything.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 21st March 2010, 6:35 pm

I think it looks really cute honestly! I transitioned because I couldn't visualize myself with short hair but I think you look cute with short hair.

And I'm sorry about your boyfriend, sometimes people don't think about how what they say affects others. My boyfriend doesn't always like my hair but in the end I do so I wear it like I want and I think you should do the same! I hope you feel better about it.

P.S. How do you like TX State? I was *this* close to going there Smile

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 21st March 2010, 6:41 pm

Thanks, I thought it looked cute too. How long have you been transitioning?

And yeah it;s my hair and I've pretty much have always done what I wanted with it, but I'm scared to do the BC but I want to, and sometimes those extra words of encouragement are just what you need to do something like that but oh well, he doesn't have to like it!

But I absolutely LOVE TxState!!!! I transferred from UNT this year, it was ok but I like it here better. Where do you go now?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 21st March 2010, 7:33 pm

no problem Smile

I transitioned for about a year or so. I didn't know what transitioning or a BC was I just knew I was tired of perms so i stopped getting them. I kept flat ironing for a while though so I'm not sure if all of the straight ends were relaxer or damaged ends but for almost a year now I'm all curly Very Happy.

I understand the need for encouragement. I can only speak from my experience but my thoughts are that in the end there are so many products and accessories, not to mention encouragement from people on CN Wink, to make transitioning or BCing fit your style that there are no reasons why you shouldn't just do what you want to with YOUR hair.

Plus, the short hair really seems to bring out the features and everything that grows out will be natural and healthier.

I go to UofH now but I'm thinking of transferring. UNT was also on my list!

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st March 2010, 7:59 pm

I looked at the pic before I read what you typed and I thought you BC'd. I think it's cute!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 21st March 2010, 8:30 pm

@idreamof- so true, I just got back from Walmart to get "groceries" and ended up getting a new headband, conditioner, shears, and earrings lol. I think I'm teasing myself.

But UH was also on my list, I got accepted to their Architecture school but TXST gave me more FinAid. Where are you thinking about transferring to?

@Lynnie- lol thanks, that's what my friend thought too. I think I'm getting very close to cutting it. It seems like every time I wash it I cut more and more off
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mslys09 21st March 2010, 8:35 pm

I think you look really cute with the mock BC!!! It really brings our your features!
My boyfriend said the same exact thing about me when I wore the pic in my avatar. :🤷: It hurt initially but hey, he's coming around. At the end of the day, it's YOUR hair! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mslys09
mslys09

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 21st March 2010, 8:44 pm

Thanks Mslys! How long have you been natural?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mslys09 21st March 2010, 10:27 pm

My last relaxer was on July 3, 2009. So I've been transitioning for going on 9 months. I've been trying to hold off on the BC till July but it's getting tough!
mslys09
mslys09

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 22nd March 2010, 1:19 am

I know what you mean. I cowashed tonight and when I got finished I pulled out the scissors... and I ended up cutting some more of the back of my head lol. I was originally planning to BC around my birthday at the end of May, but now I'll be lucky if I last until the end of the month lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 22nd March 2010, 11:33 am

I've been getting the itch to BC also after each cowash. I thought about doing it last night but my bf said wait. I'm going to try and wait until June yet if that doesn't work then it will be in September on my 2 yr transitioning anniversary. I just get tired of those straight ends but I'm not completely comfortable to cut my hair just yet. I'll keep holding on as long as I can.

Lynnieluv, I love your avatar. How do you achieve that puff? I tried doing that on an old TnC yesterday evening and the ouchless headband was not tight enough for that sleek look.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd March 2010, 11:51 am

Thanks Hamptonsfnst!!!

I did small two strand twist the night before. The next morning I untwisted the twist.....no separating, no fluffing. Then I brushed back my edges to wear I wanted my puff to start...hope that makes sense. Then I added ecostyler gel to edges and smoothed it down with my hands first then I brushed it back.

I used a knee hi for my puffs....the whole knee hi. I tied it around my head and slid it to the "perfect" place. I tie it kinda tight at first to help hold down my edges. I then tie down my edges with my durag. I leave it like that for about 15-20 minutes. I remove the durag and loosen up the knee hi. I pick my roots slightly for volume and voila!

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by denise78 22nd March 2010, 2:36 pm

I like the picture of your hair.It fits your face very well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

denise78

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 22nd March 2010, 2:50 pm

Thanks! I keep picking up the scissors and chopping more and more. So I'm pretty sure by the end of the day I'll have some sort of a TWA lol.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 22nd March 2010, 7:37 pm

The mock big chop pictures show that when you big chop, your TWA will look wonderful. It becomes you!!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 22nd March 2010, 7:59 pm

Thanks! I'm just nervous because I discovered a few days ago that my crown area has a really loose wave/curl thats somewhere around 1.5-2" while the back and sides are more "fro" like for lack of better words. Do you think it will still come out as a TWA or will the different textures make it look out of the ordinary?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 22nd March 2010, 8:14 pm

Personally, I think it will look great even with the two different curl patterns. Also, I heard or read somewhere that once the relaxed ends are cut off, this is when your true curl pattern will be revealed. The important thing is to embrace whatever curl patterns your hair has. You will look great!!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd March 2010, 8:32 pm

My curl pattern is loose in the top and tighter around the sides and back. Everyone has more than on texture. I've even heard of curlies with up to 3 different textures.

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 22nd March 2010, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 22nd March 2010, 8:33 pm

I think you look nice with a TWA even though its fake, lol! I had a fake TWA a couple of months ago when I used small perm rods in my hair. I got a lot of compliments on it...got me contemplating...lol!
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 23rd March 2010, 12:00 am

I did my BC!!!

Heres the link to my thread:

My BC!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd March 2010, 11:02 am

I agree Lynnieluv my hair definitely has more than one texture. My sides are definitely coarser than my crown and my bangs are probably a 3c, the softest texture on my head. Thanks so much for the knee high tip. Will be trying that in a few days.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down