CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perm Rods

+3
CurlConnection
Vee
CostaKink
7 posters

Go down

Perm Rods Empty Perm Rods

Post by CostaKink 15th March 2010, 7:24 pm

Ladies I need your help! I'm planning on using perm rods today after I wash. Has anyone let their rod set air dry, if so how did it come out and what products did you use before rolling? Thanx!!!
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Perm Rods Empty Re: Perm Rods

Post by Vee 15th March 2010, 8:36 pm

Hey CostaKink!

I had the very same question except I am using flexi rods. I washed, DC and just went for it....I am still transitioning and this is my first attempt with flexi rods. I am sitting here now with them in...I hope it turns out alright. I will know tomorrow.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by CostaKink 15th March 2010, 9:00 pm

Well I'll hope for the best for both of us! Let me know how yours came out :0)
CostaKink
CostaKink

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlConnection 16th March 2010, 12:14 am

Hey! I just did a perm rod set yesterday. I think I have the technique down pat [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . After I wash and deep condition, I use a liquid oil (hot six oil) to "soften up" my hair. Apply enough to coat the hair. As I put in the perm rods, I use gel (eco styler) to smooth my hair from root to tip. The key is to make sure the hair ends rolled smooth(ly) around the rod. Of course, the tighter you roll it, the better it'll come out. Because of the gel, it takes 1 - 1.5 hours to dry, but it's worth it. Setting lotions/mousse doesn't work for me. <- It's guaranteed to come out as a disaster.

Let me know if this works!!

CurlConnection

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 16th March 2010, 12:48 pm

Hola Costakink,

I use gray perm rods on my transitioning hair all the time. After a fresh cowash I shingle my hair with Curls' Curl Souffle and seal my strands with either my whipped shea butter or CD's Healthy Hair Butter. Before two-strand twisting I use my Denman brush to evenly distribute the butter from root to tip and then wrap with end papers and roll. This is my staple style for the two textures. I always air dry overnight and never use my hooded dryer for this type of set. My hair is incredibly soft but I recently opt for castor oil and that was lovely.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 16th March 2010, 2:18 pm

I took out the flexi rods and it turned out alright. I think my curls are a little tight but I will be rocking this style a few days. I will have to post a pic of the outcome....
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by CostaKink 16th March 2010, 5:19 pm

I attempted to do the curl set and it wasn't working; so I just did my go to style (twist out). My hair just wouldn't lay flat Sad!! I might try your idea curlconnection or hamptonsfnst for next week and hope for the best but what I tried was heading for a disaster!!
CostaKink
CostaKink

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 23rd March 2010, 3:03 pm

Thanks for the ideas ladies I just bought some orange perm rods but I think the may be to small because my hair is bsl. I think I might need to go a size bigger or maybe mix them to get a variety of curls. I just don't know if should use the eco styler or wrapping mousse. Or to airdry or use the hooded dryer. My hair is thick I may need to sit under the dryer for a few minutes before going to sleep.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 23rd March 2010, 7:34 pm

i always air dry my hair and it turns out fine (i dont have a blow dryer, but plan on getting one). here is a pic of my hair rolled on the blue perm rods (1/4 inch, blue) and air dried. to style i used cantu leave in conditioner and probably some hair gel on wet/damp hair (i dnt really remember, lol)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 24th March 2010, 8:34 am

thanks for the ideas ladies i was JUST thinking about doing a perm rod set for my bridal shower.....sounds like a plan!! im gonna use some of yalls suggestions Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down