CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Growth!

+32
morehairplease
naturally Nubian
prettyporsche_
blackwellqk
NaturalTina
KeAnia
CurlyChefRobin
LyricurLLy
Umph
TMS
prettybrowneyes66
Juices-n-Berries
transitioning?
BrownSkinDiva
afroangel#1
divinelight360
CurlyMo
wild_honey
socialitedreams
curlyscot
Oldine
Peggy
beAutiFul.jOuRnee
labon10
ChrsLvsBks
Cygnet
Ms.Dre20
Sunni J
gammainme
AfroButtafly
*CurlyNikki*
xtremelyperfect
36 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Great Growth! - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Growth!

Post by xtremelyperfect 20th January 2010, 8:43 pm

I got this from worldwidehealth.com

"Whole Leaf vs Inner Gel

Another argument that rages on is the difference of opinion between those promoting so-called "whole leaf" Aloe Vera and those who only use the inner gel. It is well established that the inner gel contains most of the beneficial parts of the plant and little of the less beneficial. Those who promote products based on the inner gel alone maintain that their product is as close to "straight from the plant" as the preservation process allows.

The promoters of "whole leaf" Aloe Vera maintain that as they use all the leaf, their product must be more abundant in the good properties of Aloe Vera. However, the components most likely to destroy the poly-saccharides (thought to give Aloe Vera its renowned properties) - cellulose and bacteria are present in Aloe Vera leaves just under the rind or on the surface of the leaf. Certainly "whole leaf" manufacturers use carbon filtration or other techniques to filter out the impurities in the liquidised whole leaf and these are thought to also filter out many of the beneficial constituents."

So basically it's a matter of opinion I suppose. I haven't felt any difference using one or the other personally. HTH.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 20th January 2010, 10:03 pm

Great info thanks
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by divinelight360 26th January 2010, 10:31 am

Your hair growth is awesome! How is the biotin working for you?
divinelight360
divinelight360

Back to top Go down

Great Growth! - Page 2 Empty Aloe Gro Question

Post by afroangel#1 26th January 2010, 7:12 pm

Good evening,

Congrats on your hair growth. I watched the video you referenced and 2curly4u mentioned the use of aloe vera gel as opposed to juice; and she said the juice was not good for the hair. I wonder if this is true or what others thoughts are?

I've been using aloe vera juice with msm powder and essential oils as a leave in spray. I dont want to do anything to damage my hair as I too am looking for growth.

Thanks Curls!
afroangel#1
afroangel#1

http://www.speaktotheworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 27th January 2010, 10:13 am

Congrats on the growth!! Beautiful, just beautiful!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 27th January 2010, 10:15 pm

@xtremlyperfect ~Do i have to put my aloe gro in the fridge?
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 28th January 2010, 1:51 am

Hey everyone! Glad this info is useful to some. Smile

@divinelight360 i have only been using Biotin sporadically for the past couple of weeks so I'm not sure if it's working, lol. I hope so!

@afroangel#1 I'm not sure if there's a huge difference between aloe juice and aloe gel. I was actually thinking about switching to the juice because I thought that the gel was making my hair crunchy but I realized that's only when it's like 2 degrees outside. I'm sure both have great benefits!

@curlymo I do put my left over aloe vera gel in the fridge but I don't put the aloe gro in the fridge. I haven't seen any problems from that and I've been doing it for at least 4 months now so I think that it would be fine to not refrigerate.

For those interested here's my hair from a few weeks ago!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and here's my latest comparison pics

xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by transitioning? 4th February 2010, 6:17 pm

very cute pics
transitioning?
transitioning?

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th February 2010, 11:27 pm

My mom has some aloe vera juice sitting in her cabinet. She doesn't want it anymore. But it hasn't been in the fridge. Do you think I can still use it?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 21st February 2010, 2:08 pm

@Juices-n-Berries, sorry girl! I did not see your question til right this minute, lol. So umm, I'm not sure. I would check the container and see if there's a use by date or something that says you must put it in the fridge. If not I say go for it. Like I said my aloe vera spray is in my cabinet and does fine for weeks. The actual aloe vera gel that's not mixed with water or eo I do keep in the fridge however. HTH! Very Happy
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrowneyes66 26th February 2010, 2:24 pm

Your growth is AmaZing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I cannot wait to try this mixture. I'm enjoying my new naturalness [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and very much looking forward to this journey
prettybrowneyes66
prettybrowneyes66

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 26th February 2010, 3:29 pm

Good luck girl! I think more than anything it's just making sure your hair is moisturized. I'm sure you'll have great success. Just stay consistent and you'll be good. For example I've had the same "regimen" for the past 4 months and my hair is loving it! Smile
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 26th February 2010, 11:24 pm

Hello Ladies - For those you who want the Aloe Farms Aloe Vera gel that was in the video, here's the link: http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-5476-aloe-farms-aloe-vera-gel-organic-1-gallon

Oh, and it's only $13.25!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 2nd September 2010, 12:17 pm

I found an Aloe Grow recipe from another blog, it's basically the same (aloe vera gel, oils & water)...

1.5 cups aloe vera gel
1 cup water
peppermint oil, sage oil, eucalyptus oil - about 5-6 drop each

I can still feel the effects of aloe grow on my scalp Shocked I sprayed it on last night... It reminds me of the Dr. Miracle products (more like Dr. Crap but that's a whole other story lol)

I hope I get great results!

Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 4th September 2010, 2:26 am

wow i forgot about this thread lol. anywhoo i celebrated my one year in july dance Here are a couple of pics I took of my growth in the last week or so:

Still using my aloe gro. It'll be in my regimen forever! Smile
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by LyricurLLy 4th September 2010, 6:40 pm

Wow!! I'm sooo glad I found this thread. Don't know why I first started thinking about aloe vera juice in the first place....oh, I know because I wanted an everyday spritz. Anywho, NOW I gotta regroup and get my Aloe Gro on!! TeeHee. Thanks for the encouragement and great tips! Keep updating as it's great motivation for sticking with what works for you!

I have a question for you about the color that you mentioned early on in the thread. I've wanted to color my hair for a few years now and I've been very hesitant as my hair has been very fragile and not as healthy as I'd like it to be. Didn't want to put a color in it and cause any further damage. However, I can see my hair beginning to strengthen as of late and grow as well. Now that you've had your year nappiversary, would you still use the Garnier color that you used last year. Would you color at all?? Do tell!

Thanks!
LyricurLLy
LyricurLLy

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 4th September 2010, 6:56 pm

LyricurLLy I remember the Garnier color not being overly damaging to my hair. It was soft and moisturized if I remember correctly and based on my notes on my fotki.

I did however make a decision in May of this year to stop coloring my hair with box colors cause I was going nuts and coloring way too much lol. I think in the first 10 months of being natural I colored my hair 3 or 4 times... Also I started doing henna treatments in January and I love the color I get from that and indigo so I don't really get the urge to color anymore. Of course there are times I see naturals with fabulous blondes and browns and I wanna do it but now that i've been doing henna for so long it wouldn't take anyway..

So my suggestion is if you really want to color go for it but make sure you research the proper way to care for dyed hair i.e. moisture/deep condition treatments etc. If you do decide to color this article on K is for Kinky might help Smile
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by LyricurLLy 4th September 2010, 7:03 pm

Thanks for the article. Looks like a good read to add to my research. Question though, you stated that you have been henna'ing and that the hair die won't take anyway?? I've been henna'ing as well. So far I've done it 4 times since March and plan to do so once a month as well because I like how my hair has been responding to it. But I don't get much color at all unless you count the red tint that is seen in the sun. That's just not enough color for what I've been wanting to do all these years. The last time I colored was using highlights at least 7 years ago and I loved them....especially as they grew out. So a researching I will go! Surprised)

Thanks much!
LyricurLLy
LyricurLLy

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 4th September 2010, 7:15 pm

LyricurLLy Henna is a pigment that binds to the keratin that surrounds your hair's core. That's why dyeing with chemicals over it can lead to various results. most stylists won't guarantee the color if you've henna-ed your hair because there's no telling exactly what shade your hair will turn out. it's also permanent which means you'd have to grow it out just like you grew out your relaxer. here's an e-book that'll tell you everything you ever wanted to know about henna.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by LyricurLLy 4th September 2010, 7:23 pm

Appreciate the info xtremelyperfect!
LyricurLLy
LyricurLLy

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 4th September 2010, 7:43 pm

xtremelyperfect, my hair/scalp likes the aloe gro!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 17th September 2010, 12:13 am

Yeah, I use Aloe Vera juice for my Kimmaytube mix but I think I'm gonna try this. I need to get some peppermint oil for stimulation anyway. I'm gonna try to trick my son into using it on his fro. He's very "iffy" on using what mom puts in her hair. LOL! Thanks or this!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 17th September 2010, 10:31 pm

Xtremely

I have enjouyrd reading. I think I am going to try the aloe grow. I don't have aloe juice or gel but I have an aloe plant myself. How would I use the plant in place of the juice or gel?
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 17th September 2010, 10:37 pm

I think you'll have to get the juice or gel because 2/3 of the mix is aloe vera and unless you've got a huge plant i don't know if you'll get enough liquid to mix with... I don't know...

Has anyone else had success with using liquid from the plant as a substitute?
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 18th September 2010, 12:06 pm

will the juice make a difference bc i already have aloe juice
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next