CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control"

+67
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
NikG20
Pi*Jay
lovesunshine17
Nikcoils
MellowOne
mstokes2008
NylaCoils
BlakButterfli
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
truet
rebelrocks
CurlCita
Muz
LaToya28
CrissyQ
traveljunkie08
mochamoments
newcurlieque
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
TheRYL1
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
StephanieB
Kea::curls
MsJay1121
Cherry: extraordinary!
dajewel
tiashaunteƩ
CocaColaCutie
CocoEuro
Juices-n-Berries
jamaicacurl
NaturalNixon
PaganWifey
Erica5417
neethair
TerraD
A85
blondie
NubieNatty
Shauny
missmoriah
Winnielours
Notthecoolmom
Free2Be
MahoganyCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
Serenity23
curly+kinky+fierce
FemmeFox
p_nuttie43
Lynnieluve
sunbaby
SheeTacular
d.denise
AfrikanLatina
curlyboricua
BlondeByDesire
deeply_rooted_chick
C.
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
71 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Empty Re: Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control"

Post by DvaAuNaturel 13th April 2010, 5:16 pm

Hey Sweet,
Hope you get better soon. I'm sure your hair is on point....allergies or not. LOL!

Congrats to your sister! My mom had breast cancer and was a trooper. She is 2 years in the clear.

~Dva
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Empty Re: Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control"

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th April 2010, 8:33 pm

Praying for you sweet!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 13th April 2010, 8:44 pm

Feel better Sweet!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th April 2010, 9:21 pm

Hi Curlfriends,

in keeping with the rules of the contest here is my hair todaySweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Sam_0010 I don't have any complaints, things are pretty much BAU with the exception of the unusual dryness over the weekend. In light of all the meds I will probably be co-washing more often.

Allergies are my new favorite thing to hate. UGGGGGGHH

I think I have shared that I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer almost 2 years ago. As result I had a partial hysterectomy. If I never say another word to any of you please hear me when I say GET YOUR PAP SMEARS! Do not and I repeat DO NOT skip one for any reason. There is not a valid reason that I have heard yet. Being diagnosed was the scariest and the most clearest moment of my almost 44 years. Of course my first thought was Shelbey and how this would impact her. Of course I cried my eyes out for an entire day, then it was time to fight. I was not ready to not BE, NO! I refused to give in. I immediately starting researching, writing down questions, taking note of every little change I noticed. The good news I am clean now. Thank GOD! I have to get check up more often then the average and have had to have 1 other minor surgery sense. So of course if I have any female related issues, my first reaction is panic. I am no punk but I am AFRAID of Cancer. That monster has torn through my friends and family like I could never make you understand. Soooo on top of my allergies, add a ton of stress and you get MEGAWATT HEADACHE.

When I came in this evening and read all the comments I finally cried. I have been holding this in, praying the Monster wasn't back. I know I say it all the time, and a lot of you do too, but I love you ladies! I swear I do, you will never know how your words, jokes and genuine concern impact what is essentially a stranger. What we have here is a part of my daily life and I appreciate each and every one of you!

I promise to catch up with everyone. I am going to add a poll to the name thread and I am going to bed. I will talk to all you lovely ladies tmrw!

Thank you all for caring!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th April 2010, 10:01 pm

Sweet, I am so happy the test came out clean. That is a scary situation. But I am so happy you are alright now. Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Herz
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 13th April 2010, 11:47 pm

I totally knw how you feel cancer has hit home for me and my family but I'm so glad you are okay now and I hope that you will start feeling better with the allergies. Head aches and migraines are no joke.
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th April 2010, 11:56 pm

Sweet I am so happy you got great results today. Hopefully tonight you can get some rest and be ready to come out play tomorrow.

I hope it rains in NJ soon so it can wash some of the pollen away for you or you may need to invest in some good swim goggles like nubie. LOL!!

Feel better!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th April 2010, 12:53 am

I agree with Lynnie, get some rest girlie! I will continue to pray for you, allergies included Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Icon_lol
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th April 2010, 2:25 am

You will definitely be in my prayers. I hope you feel better sis. Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Herz
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th April 2010, 5:15 am

hey posting from my phone cause I'm too lazy to get up and get my laptop. I understand what you are going through. I will keep you lifted up in my prayers. I pray Gods bessings upon you! Love yah my cyber sister! ((hugs))

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 14th April 2010, 10:28 am

Thank you for talking about it
I was so mad at my entire family when I found out (at age 25) that cancer runs on both sides. No one talked about it because they thought "it wasn't that serious." It took a lot in me not to explode and let them know how dumb that it is to think that way.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th April 2010, 10:32 am

Sweet! I'm so glad to hear that you are ok!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th April 2010, 10:53 am

Good morning Lovely curlies!!

I can't breath and my throat itches but no headache Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Icon_cheers Thank you all for the cyber hugs, I felt them trust me.

KHAIE says "Know that in the end, if all you have left is a positive attitude-that's more than enough. I revel in the knowledge that attitude is everything"

Hair news nothing new, still a WnG, I want to try twists with the Donna Marie so hopefully I am not wiped out when I leave work today. This is Hair today it's still damp: Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Sam_0011

The picture below a friend took of me with my new camera. As you can see still can't do the contacts but the swellingand redness is gone today AND I always have tissue in hand. She was like "ooo you look like Gaye today!" LOL
Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 Sam_0012

Side Note: I won a new camera at work. This place drives me insane but you can't beat the rewards. It is perfect for this forum. It's the Samsung TL225 that is the one that has the screen on the front so you can see the pic you are taking of yourself! Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 678474
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th April 2010, 10:59 am

tiashauntee wrote:Thank you for talking about it
I was so mad at my entire family when I found out (at age 25) that cancer runs on both sides. No one talked about it because they thought "it wasn't that serious." It took a lot in me not to explode and let them know how dumb that it is to think that way.

Tia, you are welcome, so many folks were shocked that I shared with Shelbey (she was 15 at the time) but I was like she needs to know the family history. It took this to happen for me to find out both my mother and grandmother had to have the surgery too. You know saying Cancer is taboo and I don't know why. Prevention is the key to surviving! Knowing your genetic make up is very important. I mean when I started asking questions pretty much everyone that was "sick" and passed had Cancer. I was like and you didn't think to share that!!! UNREAL

I especially share my story with my girlfriends, because no1 likes to get up on that table and spread em. But it is o so important that we do!! I skipped on year and was stage 2 when I was diagnosed! It's no joke!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 14th April 2010, 11:03 am

I see Congrats are in order. Thank you for sharing your great news with us and yes, being informed and sharing your story will save a life. I know from personal experience. Hope you get to feeling better and Girl you look good even when you are sick!!!! LOL.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th April 2010, 11:28 am

Congratulations on winning a new camera! I agree with NHJackie. You look good even when you are sick.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th April 2010, 12:30 pm

Wow, I'm just catching up. I had no idea. I'm so happy you got a clean bill of health.

I too, am TERRIFIED of CANCER - years ago when my Pap came back abnormal - I was no good. I was scared to death. I had the cervical biopsy done and it was Endometriosis. I'm religious about my Annual Exam - I've never missed one and don't plan on it either. I'm so glad you shared your story.

Like you, I love all the ladies on this forum as well. It's my go to place. I don't have any friends "per se" at least no best friend - so you all have become that for me.

Wow, another win at work - the perks are great. - Technology is great .. just can't keep up. I'll have to keep my eye out for this camera - my son wants a new better one.

As, always love your hair.

Enjoy your day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 14th April 2010, 12:42 pm

Morining Sweet,

That is great that you share because you never know whose life you might save. I am glad that you are feeling a little better. Cool camera. I don't really like taking pics (thus why I am most of the time looking away from the camera) but the screen in front is a good feature.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th April 2010, 12:47 pm

You are such an inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing your fear and more importantly your strength and your fight! My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago but BY THE GRACE OF GOD she got through it! And I'm so so so happy that your results were positive Smile

Plus your hair is looking fabulous!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 14th April 2010, 12:49 pm

Hey Sweet Sweet! It's been a while since I've checked it but I hope you're doing well!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 14th April 2010, 1:46 pm

Hey Sweet,

Just checking on you today. Glad you are feeling a little better. **crossing my fingers for rain so the pollen washes away**. We can't have that messing with you. LOL! And the hair is fab even on days when you aren't 100%. That's what I'm talking about! Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 617583

Thanks for sharing your story. I can totally relate. Had an ovarian cancer scare about 7 years ago and had to have some surgery. I'm glad to hear you have a clean bill of health. Congrats on the camera! Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 36 678474

~Dva

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 14th April 2010, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 14th April 2010, 1:59 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:Thank you for talking about it

Tia, you are welcome, so many folks were shocked that I shared with Shelbey (she was 15 at the time) but I was like she needs to know the family history. It took this to happen for me to find out both my mother and grandmother had to have the surgery too. You know saying Cancer is taboo and I don't know why. Prevention is the key to surviving! Knowing your genetic make up is very important. I mean when I started asking questions pretty much everyone that was "sick" and passed had Cancer. I was like and you didn't think to share that!!! UNREAL

I especially share my story with my girlfriends, because no1 likes to get up on that table and spread em. But it is o so important that we do!! I skipped on year and was stage 2 when I was diagnosed! It's no joke!

NhappyJackie wrote:I see Congrats are in order. Thank you for sharing your great news with us and yes, being informed and sharing your story will save a life. I know from personal experience. Hope you get to feeling better and Girl you look good even when you are sick!!!! LOL.

Sweet I am glad that you are ok. And thank all of you ladies for sharing your stories with us and with other people that are close to you. Cancer has hit me and my family pretty hard and I am super aware of taking care of myself and informing people around me. You ladies are my friends and family and I love you all.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th April 2010, 10:51 pm

Love all the love!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 15th April 2010, 12:03 am

So much to say not enough words. My heart is full. ((Hugs))
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th April 2010, 12:15 am

Sweet, did you see the new Maxwell video? It is beautiful.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next