CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Mega Tek experiences?

+17
dawn1980
BotanyGrl
cutephantasm
BrownSkinDiva
rakstar71892
Keisha
BlakButterfli
caramelnapps
staishique
luvmenatural
natural83
AfrikanLatina
Succinctlyso
LuvMeLuvMyFro
BostonMaria
CoarseDame
tiashaunteƩ
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any Mega Tek experiences? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Mega Tek experiences?

Post by BlakButterfli 5th January 2010, 4:12 pm

I haven't had any headaches, but that makes me wonder what's in it that makes your head hurt. Probably until I wake up with all my hair on my pillow I'll continue using it and see how the results end up.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 6th January 2010, 1:53 pm

I used mega tek for my edges and it DOES work...it worked for a few weeks helping me to grow back my edges (nothing owrked before) however, after a while I didn't really see an effect anymore..(the hair that grew in stayed, but it didnt grow any faster/thicker than usual for me)

I did NOT get headaches though...so maybe some people are sensitive to a certain ingredient? I also didnt follow the directions on the bottle and didnt wash it out all of the time right away...I massaged it into my scalp 2-3x a week usually right after washing my hair. I also washed my hair usually about 2 days after applying the megatek.

I eat very healthy 95% of the time (LOTS OF PROTEIN [via chicken] AND VEGGIES!) with a lot of garlic in my diet too, so I didn't experience any shedding (I bought garlic pills just in case, but didn't really need em!)

BTW, I ordered my Megatek from www.Revivalanimalhealth.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh, and the avi pic is a lace front wig...this is what my hair looks like in its shrunken glory...its 3c/4a/4b mix and very soft, fine, and cottony...I am also usually protein sensitive. This pic is from Sept/09 before I learned to leave me hair alone and let it air dry so thats why the curls are as undefined as they are!

Last edited by cutephantasm on 6th January 2010, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a pic)
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 6th January 2010, 2:01 pm

thanks for the info cutephantasm, i was a little scared from some of the other stories i heard, but the megatek sounds intriguing Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 6th January 2010, 2:26 pm

@ brownskindiva yw, and good luck!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by BotanyGrl 7th January 2010, 6:40 pm

I tried MegaTek and the crossover version Ovation... neither worked for me. Right now, I'm just going to focus on maintaining my exercise routine and doing an overhaul of my diet.
BotanyGrl
BotanyGrl

http://www.hairmilk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn1980 18th February 2010, 6:38 pm

I've been using Megatek now for about 6 weeks. I was skeptical but I was using it for my almost bare temples from wearing braids. But I am so amazed that both temples are now filling in with this soft hair and it is getting thicker! I had my hubby examining it last week and he said that he thought at first that it was shadows (lol). But it is actually hair! It's working for me. I guess it's worth a shot but it is expensive. i bought it at a feed store. We have horses. It was $29.00 plus tax (ouch!) But i use it every other evening and still have plenty.

dawn1980

Back to top Go down

Post by 1flybuttafly 23rd February 2010, 2:41 pm

I jumped on the bandwagon myself with the whole Mega Tek thing and honestly I really didn't see much results. I know that it has a large amounts of protein and when I was using Megatek with other products that had protein, my hair was falling out. So if you do decide to use MegaTek make sure your other hair products don't contain protein.

1flybuttafly

Back to top Go down

Post by kroeskop 6th March 2010, 10:57 pm

Be careful, everyone is different and I experienced way toooooooooo much shedding with mega-tek Sad

kroeskop

Back to top Go down

Post by Punky_Rose 15th March 2010, 3:19 pm

I use it on my hair every other day and mix it with some aloe gel. It works really well but you do have to be careful about the shedding. I would recommend mixing it with aloe and deep conditioning after using it. Good Luck!

Punky_Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by MochaSoul 24th March 2010, 10:02 am

ok so after reading these postings i was very intrigued...i am currently transitioning and bought MegaTek on yesterday. I mixed it with and oil mixture and we will see how it goes..I did feel a tingling sensation (hopefully that means its working) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ....i will keep you all posted on the results!!
MochaSoul
MochaSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2