CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Mega Tek experiences?

+17
dawn1980
BotanyGrl
cutephantasm
BrownSkinDiva
rakstar71892
Keisha
BlakButterfli
caramelnapps
staishique
luvmenatural
natural83
AfrikanLatina
Succinctlyso
LuvMeLuvMyFro
BostonMaria
CoarseDame
tiashaunteé
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any Mega Tek experiences? Empty Any Mega Tek experiences?

Post by tiashaunteé 6th November 2009, 12:13 pm

I keep seeing this product mentioned in FOTKI albums and the progress pics always show amazing growth. I'm almost convinced....but I don't ever jump on the bandwagon before doing my research.

Does anyone have any personal experience with Mega Tek?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Any Mega Tek experiences? Empty Re: Any Mega Tek experiences?

Post by CoarseDame 6th November 2009, 1:33 pm

No experience here! Lol, I need to write this stuff down and make a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe, PRONTO!
CoarseDame
CoarseDame

http://meetup.com/napptural

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonMaria 6th November 2009, 1:33 pm

I bought Megatek last summer and used it for two months. I did get an inch a month over those two months, but discontinued because of pure laziness LOL plus I stop daily co-washing in the fall/winter so I didn't want to wet my hair every day.

I didn't experience any shedding, but I did get headaches. It has a pleasant smell and although the price is $26 it could probably last you a few months. If you end up buying it, only apply it to your scalp. If you apply it all over your hair you could get protein overload and that will defeat the whole purpose.

Let me know if you have any questions. HTH!
BostonMaria
BostonMaria

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonMaria 6th November 2009, 1:35 pm

CoarseDame wrote:No experience here! Lol, I need to write this stuff down and make a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe, PRONTO!

Megatek Rebuilder is a conditioner for horses LOL Don't judge me cuz I'm a cowgirl ha ha ha [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can buy it online http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07c61-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5
BostonMaria
BostonMaria

Back to top Go down

Post by CoarseDame 6th November 2009, 1:37 pm

BostonMaria wrote:
CoarseDame wrote:No experience here! Lol, I need to write this stuff down and make a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe, PRONTO!

Megatek Rebuilder is a conditioner for horses LOL Don't judge me cuz I'm a cowgirl ha ha ha [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can buy it online [url=http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07c61-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07c61-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5[/quote[/url]]

OH!!! LOL I'm thinking it is something that you put in your mouth, yikes. Don't judge me, for thinking that. LOL!!
CoarseDame
CoarseDame

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 6th November 2009, 1:47 pm

So, are you saying the product caused your headaches?
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 6th November 2009, 2:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I used it for about 6 months last year...

I liked it... LOL I also used it on my lil Bichon Frise:) He has hair not fur so... it made both of our heads curly and shiney.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't get a lot of shedding either... It actually worked better than a lot of the fancy stuff...
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 6th November 2009, 2:11 pm

........and I think im gonna go ahead to the pet sto' and get me some mo!
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by CoarseDame 6th November 2009, 2:13 pm

Succinctlyso wrote:........and I think im gonna go ahead to the pet sto' and get me some mo!

Do you think it helped with hair growth during that time?
CoarseDame
CoarseDame

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 6th November 2009, 2:29 pm

yes... now that i think about it... it did.. i also had ZERO breakage and the product isnt heavy at all... it's very light. The poo is a bit drying so I would definitely suggest the reconstruct with it.

Last edited by Succinctlyso on 6th November 2009, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th November 2009, 2:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Im curious about this stuff so I'm definitely going to do some research.

I went to the site and theres a link that has human crossover benefits listed. Here's the link Human Crossover Benefits

Here are the active ingredients:
Active Ingredients:
Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium
chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40,
panthenol, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino
acids, methylparaben, mucopolysaccharides, propylparaben,
imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 10th November 2009, 6:38 pm

Ive never heard of this stuff! And I sure was thinking of taking something to boost my growth...I was thinking of getting the Shin-Men hair vitamins. Has anyone tried those??? Imma have to look into this Mega-Tek stuff.
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by CoarseDame 10th November 2009, 7:08 pm

I was on NaturallyCurly and I somehow ended up buying this LOL. I never buy things online, because I'm so impatient. But somehow I just had to lol! Now I'm on the search of how to properly use it. I plan on put some braids in my hair and would like to still use this while my hair is in a protective style. Can anyone provide any suggestions?
CoarseDame
CoarseDame

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 10th November 2009, 7:30 pm

I just read up on this product...hmmmm seems interesting! A lot of people were saying it works! I kinda wanna try it now, but Im a lil scared! LOL! Maybe I should read some more reviews first! But I definitely want more growth, so I may be convinced too! If anyone on here decides to get it, let me know! LOL! I may get it with you!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by CoarseDame 10th November 2009, 7:32 pm

natural83 wrote:I just read up on this product...hmmmm seems interesting! A lot of people were saying it works! I kinda wanna try it now, but Im a lil scared! LOL! Maybe I should read some more reviews first! But I definitely want more growth, so I may be convinced too! If anyone on here decides to get it, let me know! LOL! I may get it with you!

LOL Girl I JUST got it today. So I don't mind trying it with you. I'll wait for you to get it. I'm in NO rush and this may be a little more encouraging to have a partner. The place I ordered from it was 26.95 & free shipping. Let me know if you're interested!
CoarseDame
CoarseDame

Back to top Go down

Post by luvmenatural 14th November 2009, 2:41 am

Last year I went out and brought the Mega-Tek from Shapley ( It was all the hype in the forums) and I experienced alot of shedding. High Protein treatments tend to work best for people with fine hair. My hair is thick and it tends to rebell when I use products with heavy proteins. I suggest you try it for yourself because it may work for you and if your newly natural, it is good to try different products to see what works and what does not work. I am 11 months natural and still experimenting with different products... Good luck
luvmenatural
luvmenatural

http://luvmenatural.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by staishique 2nd December 2009, 6:28 pm

Coarsedame,
Where did you buy your Megatek from?
staishique
staishique

Back to top Go down

Post by caramelnapps 4th December 2009, 4:35 am

Hi I just purchased mega-tek as well and I am anxious to see any results @coarsedame and tiashauntee if you want to start a challenge let get it!!
caramelnapps
caramelnapps

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 8th December 2009, 4:05 pm

luvmenatural wrote:Last year I went out and brought the Mega-Tek from Shapley ( It was all the hype in the forums) and I experienced alot of shedding. High Protein treatments tend to work best for people with fine hair. My hair is thick and it tends to rebell when I use products with heavy proteins. I suggest you try it for yourself because it may work for you and if your newly natural, it is good to try different products to see what works and what does not work. I am 11 months natural and still experimenting with different products... Good luck

Well, that gives me hope, as I have fine hair and I JUST got my sample bottle on yesterday! I bought it on eBay - I always look there first for stuff before I invest more money. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The guy I purchased from also sent me an applicator bottle and advised I mix 1/2 teaspon of the Mega Tek Rejuvenator into the bottle and fill it with 3/4 of the way with warm water. I then put this on my scalp while my hair is still in twist (I twist it each night) and then I undo my twists and head out the door.

I'm going to snap some pics today when I get home and then again in a month or so and see what happens. I may take the time to do a Fotki (I think I'm the ONLY natural w/out one - he he) if it works.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by caramelnapps 12th December 2009, 3:02 am

Hello All,

Just recieved my Mega-Tek today I will be watering mine down as well but with oils. Starting tonight!!!
caramelnapps
caramelnapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 16th December 2009, 4:35 am

Mega tek does help to make ur hair thicker. 1 bottle alone will last you about 3 months and I applied it atleast 3 times a week. Idk if the protein in the mega tek caused me any overload or breakage ( i still have breakage and I stopped using mega tek about 2 months ago)... Im letting my bf us it to see if we can get his hair to grow some (his crown is thinning out) and 2 people cannot share 1 bottle. It definitely works. Oh I put the mega tek in an applicator bottle, 1/2 mega tek and 1/2 vatika oil.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Any Mega Tek experiences? Empty wat iz it?

Post by rakstar71892 24th December 2009, 2:52 am

iz mega tek a shampoo or sum type of ttreatment? and how do u use it?

rakstar71892

Back to top Go down

Post by caramelnapps 26th December 2009, 1:34 am

Ok I have been using it since I recieved and and I do notice a lot of breakage and I do get headaches not sure if I want to continue use or dillute a little more...
caramelnapps
caramelnapps

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 5th January 2010, 12:42 pm

Ok...so I've had my MegaTek for almost a month. I can't say I've noticed any additional length, but (and it could just be my bad eyes and wishful thinking) I do have some growth on my left temple. This is where I have applied it the most, as I tend to sleep on my left side and think this is why my hair is so much shorter than on my right side.

I will continue to use my MT until the bottle runs out. I have noticed a little more shedding, but my hair tends to shed a lot for some reason, so I can't blame the MT for that just yet.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 5th January 2010, 1:48 pm

Ive heard alot of people say that they got headaches from it...like constant headaches...im straight on that LOL, I'll just let my hair grow regularly, I hate headaches LOL
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next