CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Butter on Daughters Hair

5 posters

Go down

Shea Butter on Daughters Hair Empty Shea Butter on Daughters Hair

Post by new-naturalle 2nd March 2010, 3:59 pm

So the Sat before this past one I cornrowed the front/twisted the back of my daughter's hair with a shea butter/coconut oil mixture on wet hair. I mixed unrefined shea butter with a coconut oil mix I brought at a bs that has coconut,essential oils in it. Her hair stayed soft and during the week I noticed I could still smell the shea butter in it. Well this past fri I was going to wash it sat so I took out the twists. Today I finished taking out the braids and my hands were greasy from the shea butter. I wanted to know if this was normal or did I use too much. I mean it was over a week and the shea butter must have just been sitting on the strands rather than absorbing into them. Does any one else use shea butter on their kids hair?
new-naturalle
new-naturalle

Back to top Go down

Shea Butter on Daughters Hair Empty Re: Shea Butter on Daughters Hair

Post by NhappyJackie 3rd March 2010, 4:33 pm

I use it on my daugters hair in conjuction with some other stuff as well. You could be using too much since you described my first experience with adding shea to her hair. Remember, with natural hair and products, a little goes a long way.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by new-naturalle 3rd March 2010, 5:38 pm

Okay, thanks I will just use less from now on, I put some on my son's hair when I did his braids. It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens because his hair can get really dry.
new-naturalle
new-naturalle

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 9th March 2010, 2:45 pm

Yeah I agree. I use it in my daughters and my ahir and a little definitely goes a long way and since you said it was still greasy a week later, it could mean you are using too much..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 10th March 2010, 1:25 am

I use it for my 4yr old also to 2strand twist her hair, and I love it. I mix with olive oil, jojoba oil and glycerin
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 25th March 2010, 11:05 pm

Unrefined Shea butter is a staple in my home. I use a ton of it on my daughters hair (beause she has a ton of hair)...it absorbs very well. Not quit sure what could be the issue...I agree...try using less and see if that helps.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down