CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion on hair?

+9
earthy natural
HopeLady
Lysheba89
1rasheda
ChrsLvsBks
tiashaunteé
LadyMika
Erica5417
mverde3
13 posters

Go down

Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion on hair? Empty Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion on hair?

Post by mverde3 18th January 2010, 7:49 pm

The other day I was in Whole Foods and saw this product so I brought it. It has a great smell and it works wonderful on my skin. I was wondering, however, if its okay to use on hair. The ingredients don't seem bad to me unless I'm wrong but it just dawned on me that maybe it could be used for hair. I just want to run this by all you intelligent ladies so that I don't make a bad mistake [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the list of the ingredients in the lotion: Raw
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Deionized Water, Stearyl Alcohol
(Palm Kernel), Ceteareth 20 (Emulsifying Wax), Ricinus Communis
(Castor) Seed oil Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Theobroma
Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Vegetable Glycerin, Jojoba Oil*, Essential
Oil Blend, Soy Milk, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Extracts of Frankincense
and Myrrh, Allantoin (Comfrey Root Extract), Lonicera Caprifolium
(Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle)
Flower Extract

*Certified Organic Ingredient

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion on hair? Empty Re: Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion on hair?

Post by Erica5417 18th January 2010, 10:36 pm

I would probably use it on my hair. The ingredients look like it could be a hair lotion anyway. The only one I'm not 100% sure about is the emulsifying wax, not sure if it would cause build-up.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion on hair? Empty Re: Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion on hair?

Post by LadyMika 18th January 2010, 10:48 pm

I tried it on my hair once, but the consistency of this product isn't thick enough for my hair. It took nearly HALF the bottle to really moisturize my hair and not have to worry about dryness.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th January 2010, 11:14 pm

Based on the ingredient listing..I would use it on my hair.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2010, 12:11 am

I have used it. It was my hand lotion at work. I used it to moisturize my hair and scrunch out the crunch of gel. I loved the smell.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 19th January 2010, 12:21 am

Thanks everyone !!
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by 1rasheda 28th January 2010, 1:51 pm

check out my website ladies natural hair products http://sheshay.com

1rasheda

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 10th May 2010, 3:09 am

Ok, I'm really late, but my verdict on the whole Nubian Heritage brand is: Thank God!

I have the Raw Shea Butter and Frankincense bar soap, which I've washed my hair with. I felt like my hair was soft, but oddly coated.

I have the Honey and Blackseed bar soap, body wash, and lotion. Also used the bar soap as shampoo and it fet the same as the Raw Shea soap. However I used the Honey and Black Seed lotion in my hair, and I felt that it was pretty moisturizing and made my hair supple, but not good for shine or hold.

I have the Indian Hemp and Hatian Vetiver bodywash and lotion, and it smells wonderful but I haven't tried it in my hair yet.

If I had the matching lotion to the Raw Shea Butter and Frankincense, I'd go ahead and put it in my hair.

Since you probably have by now, let me know how it worked!
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Lotion on hair? Empty Really! Nubian Heritage Lotion used on Natural Hair - Wow!

Post by HopeLady 4th February 2011, 4:01 pm

Wow, so glad I read these comments. I was doing a little research to see what kind of deal I should offer on the Nubian Heritage Collection. Didn't even think about the possibility that some "natural's" could use the lotion on their hair! Hmmm...think I'll be adding this tidbit of information to my blog and letter I send my customers. Thanks ladies!!! Very Happy

HopeLady

Back to top Go down

Post by earthy natural 13th February 2011, 7:49 pm

I am a loyal consumer to the Nubian Heritage brand, but I was shocked to discover that in their bottles of bodywash with their newest labels, the ingredients have changed to include parabens...so please watch out because I know that it never used to contain parabens. I ended up getting the bar soap instead.
earthy natural
earthy natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 17th February 2011, 6:00 pm

earthy natural wrote:I am a loyal consumer to the Nubian Heritage brand, but I was shocked to discover that in their bottles of bodywash with their newest labels, the ingredients have changed to include parabens...so please watch out because I know that it never used to contain parabens. I ended up getting the bar soap instead.

I love Nubian Heritage!

Adding parabens might have been the lesser of 2 evils for them:

products that don't contain parabens and separate/go bad vs. products that do contain parabens and have a better shelf life.

Especially with their business booming to the point of being availabe at Whole Foods, they have to make products that can sit on the shelf for a few months and still be sold. I've had a few lotions and body washes separate and/or grow some sort of mold or something in the bottle if I didn't use it within a couple of months. silent

Back on topic - I've used the Shea Moisture lotion & the Goat Milk & Chai lotion in my hair and both worked ok. But I think their Shea Moisture leave-in works better for moisture and hold.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by MsArabia 7th March 2011, 5:26 pm

You ladies may already know this but Nubian Heritage also has raw shea butter that is infused with different things. I have the one infused with frankincense & myrrh. It smells really good and doesn't have as many ingredients as the lotion listed above. The 4 oz jar on their site is $12 but I purchased mine from vitacost.com for $8 and some change.
MsArabia
MsArabia

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th March 2011, 6:38 pm

Just wanted to throw this out there, even though it has nothing to do with the post... Shea moisture and nubian heritage are owned by the same people. Shea Moisture is just the line they market for target...

Moreover, the ingredients in that lotion look very similar to the ingredients in some of shea moisture's hair products. So I'd say it's safe to use.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart-4-Naturals 9th March 2011, 6:00 pm

Hey Ladies,

This has been my first time trying any of Nubian Heritage products and last week I bought the black soap thinking that it would greatly moisturize my hair. I'm not sure if it moisturized it or not because I was so caught up on who bad it made my hair feel. It did not give my hair any slip and it really made my hair feel like plastic or some sort of rubber under water. I didn't notice anyone using this soap, but I was wondering how the other soaps made your hair feel.
Hart-4-Naturals
Hart-4-Naturals

http://public.fotki.com/Hart-4-Naturals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down