CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I go about mixing henna for a darkest brown colour

+2
DvaAuNaturel
Superfly Sister
6 posters

Go down

How do I go about mixing henna for a darkest brown colour Empty How do I go about mixing henna for a darkest brown colour

Post by Superfly Sister 27th February 2010, 8:21 pm

Hi, first post here, I've been a lurker of Curly Nikki since sometime in 2008 and have learnt a great deal, thank you so much.

Turning to my question, I only have experience with cassia which I've liked but would like to move on to henna for the benefits. I like the shade of my natural hair colour so I'd like to stay as close to it as possible, saying that I wouldn't mind a slight redish tint, but only slight. I certainly don't want black hair, as lovely as it is on others I just prefer my natural shade on me.

When I got weaves (many moons ago) my hairdresser would use shade 1B hair, I just thought I'd throw that info in there to give you an idea.

So, can you guys be kind enough to help me create a smilar shade?

Many thanks in advance.

J

Superfly Sister

Back to top Go down

How do I go about mixing henna for a darkest brown colour Empty Re: How do I go about mixing henna for a darkest brown colour

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th March 2010, 12:45 am

You might want to check out hennaforhair.com. I have been looking all over that site to prepare myself for my first henna treatment. I am so excited. Anyway, there were instructions on the site about how to mix henna and other products like indigo and/or amla to get dark brown.

Good luck.

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 9th March 2010, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

How do I go about mixing henna for a darkest brown colour Empty Re: How do I go about mixing henna for a darkest brown colour

Post by ButterQueen 4th March 2010, 5:05 pm

Hi there,
you can always mix indigo with your henna to get a dark to medium brown color. Amla will also tone down the reds to browns and make for an awesome conditioning combo ;-)
hope this info helps,
Sharika
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th March 2010, 9:53 pm

Sharika,
Which one did you try and enjoy better? Henna & indigo or henna+indigo+amla?

I can't wait to try my mix. Have been telling everyone who will listen (lol) about my upcoming henna coloring experiment.

Thanks!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 4th March 2010, 10:35 pm

I personally enjoy mixing Amla with all my hennaing. It gives extra conditioning and helps strengthen the hair from the roots. It also tones down the hennas when you want browns instead of reds.
I enjoy Amla very much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 4th March 2010, 10:38 pm

A mixture of half henna, half amla will give you brown.
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfly Sister 5th March 2010, 11:37 am

Thank you so much for your responses. Very Happy

I have so much to learn but I'm getting there. I'm still in the process of gathering as much information as possible as I don't want to dive right in and get it wrong.

Brilliant, I'm feeling much more confident about this, thanks again!

Superfly Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 5th March 2010, 5:10 pm

I have a tutorial on it on youtube using henna amla and indigo check it out! HTH!

www.youtube.com/cdawnlewis
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 5th March 2010, 9:18 pm

Superfly Sister wrote:Thank you so much for your responses. Very Happy

I have so much to learn but I'm getting there. I'm still in the process of gathering as much information as possible as I don't want to dive right in and get it wrong.

Brilliant, I'm feeling much more confident about this, thanks again!

The best way to learn is by experimenting and doing on your own hair. Since we all have different natural shades starting out and different henna brands etc the perfect mix for you may be different to another person. A 50:50 ratio of henna/indigo is a great way to start though.

Keep a diary with all the ingredients, the resulting effects and so on. Take photos outside in the sunshine too.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 5th March 2010, 9:19 pm

cdawnlewis wrote:I have a tutorial on it on youtube using henna amla and indigo check it out! HTH!

www.youtube.com/cdawnlewis

Great tutorials! I was looking at your make up one since I'm not very good at that. You seem such a pro.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down