CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New

+2
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
6 posters

Go down

When was the last time you did something new for your health and/or fitness?

Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_lcap0%Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_lcap0%Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_lcap17%Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_lcap50%Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_lcap33%Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New Empty Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th February 2010, 3:02 pm

Hello there ladies,

I have a challenge for you. Try something new every day. It can be big or small. Some examples include the following.

Exercise
Time exercising
Day(s) you exercise
Workout routine (DVD, online, etc.)
Stretch
Food
Recipe

Please continue to add others. Let us know what you have added daily, every other day, etc.

Today, I will try a new machine to work on my quads and glutes.

Have a great one my beauties.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New Empty Re: Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2010, 4:09 pm

This month my focus was on weight training. I've been doing it everyday....working on arms one day and legs the next. So cardio was done on the elliptical machine....20-30 minutes a day. I've been going to the gym 3-4 days a week.

Next month (March), I am gonna focus on my cardio again. My goal is to burn at 500 calories each session and do weight training every other day. I am also going to step up my ab working which has been none existing up until this point. People have been coming up to my rubbing my tummy (HOW RUDE!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). Spring is right around the corner so it's time to whip out the more form fitting shirts.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New Empty Re: Challenge Number 8 - Try Something New

Post by splitsun 27th February 2010, 7:19 am

I review and evaluate my diet and exercise every week.

The reason I have failed diets in the past was that it got boring, too demanding or I couldn't stick to it. Now I change my routine every week to make myself feel like I am not stuck in a rut and challenged enough cause it's a short term affair.

This week I've added squats and more crunches to my exercise and for my diet, I eat fiber one cereal for one meal to help boost my fiber intake. It's been working out great. Knowing where the majority of my intake is, I work on keeping them within range and providing my body with healthy nutrient sources.

I step on the scale Sunday so I'll see if there has been any changes in my weight. Even if there isn't, there has been positive changes with how i feel towards food and about myself.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th February 2010, 3:37 pm

@Lynnie, good idea in terms of changing your routine and focus each month. As for people rubbing your tummy, yeah, that is rude and crazy--the nerve of some folk.

@splitsun, I am with you there. I think variety is the key. I am trying to find ways to get more calcium into my diet.

I am going to look for recipes using kale. I am thinking about making a soup with kale and beans. I will use my crockpot to make it. If you have any recipes or ideas, please let me know.

I also purchased a few spices early this week. I now have smoked paprika, rosemary leaves and Chinese five spice. I also purchased sofrito to add to my dishes. I will keep y'all posted on how I incorporate these items into my meals.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st March 2010, 2:27 pm

Today I will try the hip abductor and hip adductor machines to reduce the size of my thighs. I will do these instead of squats with front shoulder raises. My thighs are increasing while they should be decreasing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . My calves fluctuate and I want them to be bigger. I will add calf raises to my workouts. Good news my bust, waist and hips are decreasing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !

I weigh in today and hoping to have a loss. So far I am down 8+ inches and 7 pounds since January 11.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 2nd March 2010, 11:53 pm

Today, I only ate fruits and vegs. That is def something new for me. I have never gone on a day w/out meal... It wasn't bad but saying it out loud my mouth is watering thinking about me. Tomorrow, I think I will be doing turkey or fish.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 4th March 2010, 6:19 pm

I bought a Fluidity Bar this past weekend so I will be using it on a regular basis. The reason that my fitness plans never seem to last is because I lose interest or I feel like I don't have the time. My goal for March is to use my bar at least twice a week and alternate the workout DVDs (beg, int, adv, seat & thigh). I also received a body analysis so now I have more of any idea of where I need to be focusing my energy.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th March 2010, 6:49 pm

FemmeFox wrote:I bought a Fluidity Bar this past weekend so I will be using it on a regular basis. The reason that my fitness plans never seem to last is because I lose interest or I feel like I don't have the time. My goal for March is to use my bar at least twice a week and alternate the workout DVDs (beg, int, adv, seat & thigh). I also received a body analysis so now I have more of any idea of where I need to be focusing my energy.
What is a body analysis? Is it when they use the caliber to test your amount of fat, flexibility and overall fitness level after doing some exercises?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by prymd95 30th April 2010, 11:09 pm

My husband and I just purchased a heavy bag. Not only does it help to burn some calories, it helps to get rid of the work day frustrations. I highly recommend it.

prymd95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down