CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm almost at the 5 month mark. . .

+2
Ameenah
MsKendrala
6 posters

Go down

I'm almost at the 5 month mark. . . Empty I'm almost at the 5 month mark. . .

Post by MsKendrala 19th February 2010, 3:33 am

and i'm tired of bantu knots and twist and curls (honestly im tired of doing my hair period). I think i want to try putting kinky twist in my hair. i've been watching the tutorial videos on you tube but none of them say what type of hair to use. does anyone have any suggestions? O and i have really bad dandruff so does anyone know what i can put on my scalp while the braids are in to calm down the flakes?

Thanks in advance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Kendra
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

I'm almost at the 5 month mark. . . Empty Re: I'm almost at the 5 month mark. . .

Post by Ameenah 19th February 2010, 11:08 am

My daughter has dandruff as well I use apple cider vinegar once a week in the scalp let it sit for an hour and then rinse it out. Also tea tree oil works really good for that to.
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

I'm almost at the 5 month mark. . . Empty Re: I'm almost at the 5 month mark. . .

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 19th February 2010, 12:36 pm

You could try blending tea trea, peppermint oils with castor oil or EVOO/CO. When I wore weaves I would spray my scalp with a mix of witch hazel, and the first two oils. Very soothing.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 21st February 2010, 3:05 pm

I just put in kinky twists too (I'm at about 5 1/2 months transitioning and I put them in to keep me from BCing early so I know exactly how you feel!)

The type of hair I used was Marley braid. I noticed that it didn't look "chunky" like it looks on the youtube videos in the package but once I took it out it did. Good luck to you!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 21st February 2010, 5:05 pm

@ MsKendrala and Janet,

How are your transitioning journeys coming along? How much new growth do you each have?
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 21st February 2010, 5:15 pm

Mine is going pretty well. You can check some of my progress on my blog at jlhorace.blogspot.com. I think I have at least 3 inches of new growth but i'm not sure...and since the kinky twists are in I can't check lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 24th February 2010, 12:11 pm

MsKendrala wrote:and i'm tired of bantu knots and twist and curls (honestly im tired of doing my hair period). I think i want to try putting kinky twist in my hair. i've been watching the tutorial videos on you tube but none of them say what type of hair to use. does anyone have any suggestions? O and i have really bad dandruff so does anyone know what i can put on my scalp while the braids are in to calm down the flakes?

Thanks in advance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Kendra

I totally agree with you. I was jsut thinking that I am going to put my hair in something because Im a little bored with it also and am always tempted to just flat iron because its easy although it is damaging. March will be the mark of my 7th month, and I think Im gonna do some kind of braids/twists for at least a month or so... I don't know about the dandruff, but the ladies above mentioned some very nice things that should/might help..God luck with the rest of your journey!!! Glad I wasnt the only person feeling this way [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down