CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xxShaunyxx

+14
ChrsLvsBks
HAMPTONSFNST
MsJay1121
CocaColaCutie
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
Juices-n-Berries
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Shauny
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Empty Re: xxShaunyxx

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2010, 7:45 pm

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 23_32_7 came through to check on you. I love the new Avi

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Sig
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd March 2010, 12:56 am

Shauny wrote:Thanks for the tips Chrs. When you scrunch in the gel does that help the curl to form back after having raked the other products in your hair? I'm going to try to do it again this weekend but everytime I try to add anything other than gel I lose my curl. I'll get it
I scrunch in gel because I do not want the curls to start unclumping, getting stringy. I need the gel for hold so scrunching in serves two purposes--keeping strands clumped together and holding curls.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd March 2010, 12:23 pm

Love the new avatar and the hair!! I hope it starts to warm up soon cuz I will be in the Chi in 16 days...YAY!!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 2nd March 2010, 3:35 pm

Holla for Chi-town! xxShaunyxx - Page 3 617583

I was born in Illinois, not near Chicago but still gotta love that city Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 2nd March 2010, 5:36 pm

looking good! and i know im late but congrats on the shea butter win!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 4th March 2010, 1:32 am

Thanks curly

Shee I'm a born and raised Southside gal but presently reside in the north burbs.

It was in the mid to upper 30s today so...that's a good day for us...lol
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 4th March 2010, 1:52 am

I started back to work today so it's kind of hectic. All this weekend I was rocking my chunky twistout puff looking all cute but as soon it's time for me to go to work it looks jacked up. I hate for my hair to look dry so I co washed, and twisted with shea butter (thanks again BNB and Nikki) after spraying my CD black vanilla leave in and EVOO.

I did this around 8 last night but when I woke up this morning my hair was still wet in some places and it felt looked oily. It was my first time using EVOO directly in my hair so I wonder if that was the issue. I usually use it with conditioner as a pre poo.

I still worked it out and everyone at work thought my hair looks better now which surpised me..but in a good way.

When I came home tonight I was playing in my hair to see what I could do with it since my chunky twistout was an epic fail to me when I tried a coil in the back. I looked at it, liked it so I grabbed some loc butter and condish and got to work. I must say that I do like the end result and I may be able to get through to Sunday with my hair like this. I took pics but I'll post them tomorrom because I'm too tired. TTYL
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2010, 9:58 am

Sorry your chunky twist out puff didnt work out. How much EVOO did you use? When I use it, and I am not gonna wash it out, I only use about 2 hand fulls.

I cant wait to see the pics of your coils!! xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Icon_bounce
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th March 2010, 10:26 am

Mawnin!!

oooo I want to see coils too! Sorry the chunky twist didn't work. I am still in search of the perfect twist out. I refuse to give up dang it! I just have to find the right product!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Empty Coil pics

Post by Shauny 4th March 2010, 12:11 pm

Here is a back and side view of my coils. Except for a little scalp showing, I do like the end result. I don't know how they'll look if I try to seperate them (will try this weekend...no work) but this will become one of my regular protective styles while my hair is still shorter. I hope you guys like it.

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Coils110

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Coils210
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th March 2010, 12:13 pm

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Icon_cheers Go head!!! You did a great job!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2010, 12:52 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Icon_cheers Go head!!! You did a great job!!!!

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Icon_cheers for protective styles! Now, I cant wait to see the coil out!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 4th March 2010, 1:25 pm

WOW GIRL your coils look great! You got some hang time going on there afro dance you go! I will be following your posts missy. Have a wonderful day!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 9th March 2010, 6:25 pm

WOW, I haven't been on in a minute. Returning to work after a 3 month absense is a mutha let me tell you.

Hair wise, I've been sticking with 2 strand twist for a couple of days then a twist out puff (my twist out without being in a puff doesn't look right to me yet). When I tried to do a coil out of those coils in the above picture....hot mess. I didn't like it at all. I didn't look at any youtube videos of how to properly do a coil out.

What I did was just seperated them with my fingers into 3-4 strands. The coils were still in there good but there was no uniform to my hair so it was all over the place. I will say that my coils were still moisterized and not dry looking like my 2 stand twists and twistout can sometimes look. I have small twists now that were done yesterday while wet. I am going to retwist them with a lil condish and loc butter to hopefully get a more defined twist for a twistout tomorrow for work.

Another thing I'm noticing is a LOT of shedding in my hair. I'm going to post this question in another section but I'd like tips here too if you guys have any. I usually finger detangle while I'm cowashing. Is this why I have so much shedding? This is when the bulk of my hair comes out. I always sleep with a bonnet, moisterize and seal just about daily and deep condish once weekly. Why could I still be shedding hair?
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th March 2010, 1:13 pm

I am so not an expert, but I found that with shedding my hair was lacking moisture...you might want to deep conditioner. That has worked for me.

However, I'm sure one of the ladies from this forum will provide you with some excellent advise.

Like you avatar!!! Lookin good!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 10th March 2010, 8:15 pm

What up errbody. I'm kinda feeling myself today because I did a twistout and I LOVE IT!! I've tried like 4 times to do a o.k twistout but always got tons of dry frizz. This morning was different.

I washed my hair Monday with Organixs coconut milk shampoo, co washed with Aussie Moist condish, DC'd with a mix of Organixs coconul milk condish and EVOO. I moisterized and sealed with Carol's Dagughter's Black Vanilla leave in, coconut oil, and Carol's Daughter Hair Butter. Still wet, I then put my hair is small twists.

On Tuesday evening I took my twist down one by one, added a bit of HETT condish and shea butter and these are my best results yet. I've always but put my twistout in a puff because I wasn't feeling the results. The only thing I would say I did wrong was not taking my time untwisting the back. There is a bit more frizz than there is in the front but other than that I have to toot my own horn...beep beep. That's all folks.....

xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Twisto11
xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Twisto12
xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Twisto13
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 10th March 2010, 9:56 pm

very cute, great definition!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 10th March 2010, 9:59 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Well first of all congrats on doing your BC!! And welcome to the challenge Smile

It sounds like your transitioning regimen would be pretty effective on your natural hair as well. I use extra virgin olive oil instead of coconut oil (I'm not sure why but I always have some so that's what I use. lol)

With 11 months of growth you should have a nice amount of hair!!! I'm sure we'd all love to see pics of your hair ♥️

Actually, coconut oil is better for your hair. It is able to penetrate the hair shaft while olive oil is not.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th March 2010, 10:26 pm

tiashauntee wrote:very cute, great definition!

I agree!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th March 2010, 11:00 pm

blondie wrote:
bholmes87 wrote:Well first of all congrats on doing your BC!! And welcome to the challenge Smile

It sounds like your transitioning regimen would be pretty effective on your natural hair as well. I use extra virgin olive oil instead of coconut oil (I'm not sure why but I always have some so that's what I use. lol)

With 11 months of growth you should have a nice amount of hair!!! I'm sure we'd all love to see pics of your hair ♥️

Actually, coconut oil is better for your hair. It is able to penetrate the hair shaft while olive oil is not.

Thanks for that info Blondie!! I've been meaning to try coconut oil anyway and never have. But you've convinced me now! LOL

And Shauny that twist out was beautiful! xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 11th March 2010, 5:55 pm

Day 2 of my twistout and I'm still hanging in there. I have a party to go to tomorrow night and I'm trying to decide if I should retwist tonight for a fresh twistout or try to go 3 days with this twistout.

I did the old sleep on your arm sleep yesterday because I didn't want my hair to get flat. I still was a little flat so I just fluffed it and used some Carol's Daughter Hair Milk to try to liven it up. It looked good enough for me today but I don't know about tomorrow. Suggestions please.
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th March 2010, 8:11 pm

I cant go 3 days anymore. I have to retwist because of HIH syndrome.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th March 2010, 10:14 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:very cute, great definition!

I agree!!

DITTO!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th March 2010, 2:52 pm

On sisterChic's YouTube channel she puts her hair into ponytails and tuck the ends under to keep them elongated. In the morn just take them out and fluff. but don't make them too tight or you will have the ends curled under.

If I can locate the vid I will send a link when I get home.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 20th March 2010, 3:41 pm

Guess who's bizack!

I've been out of it the last week or so. My 3 month old has a cold, teenaged son, and me were all sick all at the same time. It was a germ fest in my household...lol

Since I was sick I really wasn't doing anything to my hair. I didn't co wash or anything. Right before I got sick I had a twist out puff of medium/large twists. Since I'm lucky enough to have the option to work from home, I didn't have to do my hair. It stayed just like that until last night when I finally co washed and twisted it. I know I should've DC'd but it's lucky I finally did the co wash xxShaunyxx - Page 3 Icon_lol .

I'm going to wear the twists until I go back into the office probably Wednesday and then wear a twistout for the rest of the week. I brought a bottle of Suave Naturals Coconut and I must say it the BEST condish that I used for a detangle BUT my ends seem to be very brittle and hard. This is the only condish that I've even had those results with and I've used VO5, Aussie Moist and Organix Coconut Milk. None of them have made my ends feel as brittle and tangled even as the Suave. I don't know if it's time for a dusting or if it's just the condish.

On another note, my hair is growing really well. Even my hubby was like your hair is growing back fast. Are you going to cut it back down....um no honey...lol
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum