CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakage

5 posters

Go down

Breakage Empty Breakage

Post by neethair 6th February 2010, 3:10 am

Hi Ladies-

I am experiencing a little breakage (short pieces of hair on bathroom floor). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] How do I stop it!!!!!
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Breakage Empty Re: Breakage

Post by tiashaunteé 6th February 2010, 1:18 pm

What is your regimen?
Do you moisturize & seal?
Are you doing any treatments?
The first thing to do is find out what is causing the breakage.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 6th February 2010, 1:39 pm

Hi Tia-
Did NC get any snow?? We are in a Blizzard and it's driving me crazy.

OK, I do have a good regimen thanks to help from my Big Sis Chis. (been doing it for about a month. My hair is soft and I think it loves it)

1x week I co-wash, detangle, DC, leave in, oil, moisturize and style. I use suave TC, Giovanni, HH, almong, jojabo and EVCO and I use shea and coconut mix. My hair drinks up the oil.

Daily I use shea/coconut mix and now I'm doing the Castor Challenge I use it Sun and Wed on my scalp.

I recently got my damaged ends trimmed but lately I have been seeing more hair on the bathroom floor and it's little pieces of hair.

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong because I don't know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 6th February 2010, 2:13 pm

neethair wrote:Hi Tia-
Did NC get any snow?? We are in a Blizzard and it's driving me crazy.

OK, I do have a good regimen thanks to help from my Big Sis Chis. (been doing it for about a month. My hair is soft and I think it loves it)

1x week I co-wash, detangle, DC, leave in, oil, moisturize and style. I use suave TC, Giovanni, HH, almong, jojabo and EVCO and I use shea and coconut mix. My hair drinks up the oil.

Daily I use shea/coconut mix and now I'm doing the Castor Challenge I use it Sun and Wed on my scalp.

I recently got my damaged ends trimmed but lately I have been seeing more hair on the bathroom floor and it's little pieces of hair.

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong because I don't know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No snow here, Thank God!!! NC is the worse when it come to snow. We got 3 inches and schools closed for 3 days. I can't live up North, I despise the cold and snow-I don't even visit friends up north in the winter.

Your regimen sounds great and similar to mine. How is your water intake? Maybe the breakage is something that started before you began your regimen and it's getting to it's end. Some of the Giovanni products contain protein-try cutting them out for a month and see if that makes a difference. Also examine those little hairs closely-I have had short shed hairs. I would also moisturize and seal more often-it could be the dry air. There are so many reasons that breakage can occur that finding the cause is going to be trial and error. Just keep in mind that nothing with be instant so try something for a few weeks before quitting. It took me a month to get the benefits of DCing weekly.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 6th February 2010, 3:55 pm

i co-sign with tiashauntee, esp about seeing dc results within a month and reasons for breakage.

am very curious as to which giovanni products are you using? also, how long have you been natural? are you transitioning?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 6th February 2010, 4:26 pm

Hi Ladies-

@Tia, I know I am not drinking as much water as I should. I will def increase that.

I am using the Giovanni 50/50. I am still transitioning. I have been transitioning since May but start handling my hair in Nov, ( I had a protective style from May-Nov).

I am going to do my hair today so I can DC overnight. I plan to use both conditioner and oil.

Thank you ladies for you help I learn so much from you all.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Breakage Empty Try a Shower Filter

Post by WarriorPrincess 13th February 2010, 11:04 pm

See the Shower Filter Post I just posted. I think if you are doing all the right things and still having abnormal breakage or simply dry hair...this could turn things around drastically for you.
WarriorPrincess
WarriorPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 16th February 2010, 12:04 pm

What was your protective style? Tight micro braids can cause little cuts in hairs, particularly depending on the extension hair used and the condition of your hair. If micros was your protective style, it could be leftover from that. Also, do you think it might be breaking at the natural/relaxed hair line? That's a pretty common phenomenon.
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down