CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moisture for Babies Hair

+8
CocoEuro
Peachtree
makeupvixen
NikG20
Silkee
tsa919
jamaicacurl
Pinkrage
12 posters

Go down

Moisture for Babies Hair Empty Moisture for Babies Hair

Post by Pinkrage 27th January 2010, 1:09 pm

Hi,

I am trying to find a product to moisturize my daughter's hair. She doesn't have enough of it to type it yet. The curls she have now are tight and very VERY DRY! Her hair feels hard. Can anyone recommend a product that smells good?

I am considering trying a MY HONEY CHILD product for her. I would love something over the counter/local but I am not oppose to ordering something online.

thanks,
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Moisture for Babies Hair Empty Re: Moisture for Babies Hair

Post by jamaicacurl 29th January 2010, 10:32 am

My youngest son's hair is like that too and coconut oil seems to work best on his hair. I have also mixed a scented shea butter with coconut oil, EVOO and honey and applied that to his hair and body.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 30th January 2010, 2:20 am

Thanks jamaicacurl! Today I put some of that Africa's Best oil on it and it stayed soft.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 30th January 2010, 3:41 pm

How old are you guys kids? Mine is almost 2. Can I put all these things in his hair..the question is will he let me?lol
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 30th January 2010, 5:46 pm

tsa919 wrote:How old are you guys kids? Mine is almost 2. Can I put all these things in his hair..the question is will he let me?lol

LOL yeah I have to run behind my 1 yr old and put the oil in his hair because won't keep still and would rather that I leave his hair alone!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 31st January 2010, 12:48 am

jamaicacurl wrote:
tsa919 wrote:How old are you guys kids? Mine is almost 2. Can I put all these things in his hair..the question is will he let me?lol

LOL yeah I have to run behind my 1 yr old and put the oil in his hair because won't keep still and would rather that I leave his hair alone!

Exactly.lol
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by Silkee 1st February 2010, 4:48 pm

I just started using Blended Beauty products on the 3 yr old daughter's hair. Looks like I may have found a winner so far. Her hair is very dry in the back but this seems to have helped. I spray her hair with the curly cake shake (I think that's what it is called) before I comb through it and it worked wonders. I cornrow her hair and usually let it stay for about a week so I don't have extensive experience with the product. I also mist her hair at night (while braided) with a mixture of H2O, EVOO, JBCO, and rosemary oil.
Silkee
Silkee

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 3rd February 2010, 8:49 pm

For moisturizing my daughters hair I use unrefined shea butter mixed with virgin coconut oil, the coconut oil really takes the shea butter smell away. I also loooove Giovanni Direct Leave-in. I thought the leave in smelled like gum but my SO disagrees, lol.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 1:47 pm

I tried it all and the only thing to work for my son's rough and tough hair was Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Mask and afterwards I used her Hair Milk on it. No more tangles, soft hair and the scents are great.

I treid coconut oils, milks, shea butters, jojoba oil, Carol's Daugther, Devacurl, Miss Jessie Babyt Buttercream, Ojon and many others.

For a conditioner my son's hiar liked the Nature's Henna Conditioner, for a cleanse it was the Wen Fig, the softening and detangling and keeping the bouce was Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Mask and Milk.

The cost adds up but I wanted my son to have great hair. His father is African and I'm carribean so his genes is going to give him rather thick hair but now with the right stuff it wont be coarse, well with care.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th March 2010, 1:52 pm

As a baby, jojoba oil mixed w/water worked well. As her hair began growing and thickening up, shea butter oil w/water kept her hair very soft. Hth.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 2nd April 2010, 6:59 pm

Hello mamas! I wanted to tell you all that I found a product that I use in both my sons hair and mine. Myhoneychild's Sweet ALmond Hair Milk leaves our hair soft,and gives great curl definition. It seems to be moisturizing as well. You all should check it out.
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 14th April 2010, 10:33 am

NikG20 wrote:For moisturizing my daughters hair I use unrefined shea butter mixed with virgin coconut oil, the coconut oil really takes the shea butter smell away. I also loooove Giovanni Direct Leave-in. I thought the leave in smelled like gum but my SO disagrees, lol.

After seeing your review for It's A Curl from the Curls line on your blog!! I tried it on my 20 month old daughter and I like it!!! I apply EVOO or shea butter mixed with coconut oil to her hair after I apply the leave-in conditioner and her curls are conditioned, soft, & shiny.
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynappy 4th May 2010, 2:59 pm

I use Soft & Precious detangling moisture for my 9 month old. He has fine curly hair and it works to get the tangles out and it controls the hair. Before S&P, he had wild, Don King hair. Now, he has controlled curls. I just started using it and so far so good.
naturallynappy
naturallynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 4th May 2010, 4:32 pm

Where do you get S&P from? Local BSS?
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynappy 5th May 2010, 1:03 pm

I bought it from Krogers. Its a grocery store.
naturallynappy
naturallynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 9th July 2010, 1:50 pm

My friend is looking for something to use on my godsons fro. He is only 5 months and people tell her o use baby oil but me knowing that mineral oils are no good I told her not to. She says the olive oil and water mixture is too greasy I think she may be using to much oil. Something called Kemet oil smells awful after a day or too so I am suggesting coconut oil. Should she mix it with water and spritz the hair?
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by cdhar2 14th July 2010, 8:22 pm

My 13 month old daughter has fine curly hair and I really like the Karen's Body Beautiful hair milk. I also used the Karen's Baby Beautiful Moisturizer (now called baby locks) and that works well too. I switched to the hair milk because I had more of it left from my stash from a buy one get one free sale and decided to try it on her. It keeps her hair really moisturized and she gets a lot of compliments on how good her hair smells. It's also available in unscented if your child has allergies or if you don't like scented products.
cdhar2
cdhar2

Back to top Go down

Post by babycatcher09 22nd July 2010, 12:38 am

I love the Curlz line. My daughter's hair is mostly 3c and gets super dry. So, usually I cowash with HE hello hydration, then use Kinky-Curly Knot Today leave-in, then follow up with the Curlz Curly Q Custard (which smells great, but a little bit of this goes a long way). After she is all detangled, I use a Denman brush to define her curls. Throughout the week it is just a water and custard and we are out the door.

babycatcher09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down