CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SisterBoyd

+29
cyclingchick
CrissyQ
WhosThatRedHead
blondie
poeticlyspkng
GodsNaturalBeauti
curlygirlinastraightworld
MellowOne
LaToya28
NubieNatty
bholmes87
TerraD
LuvBnNatural
Juices-n-Berries
HumanNature
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
Keisha
ChrsLvsBks
TheRYL1
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
NylaCoils
savvybrown
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
SisterBoyd
33 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

SisterBoyd - Page 6 Empty Re: SisterBoyd

Post by Keisha 3rd March 2010, 3:04 pm

ha ha... cowashing has become 1 of my favorite hair care routines... spare the VO5 but keep the flour sacks. Whats that for anyway?
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 3rd March 2010, 5:55 pm

Keisha...too funny!

Flour sacks are for plopping. Autumn plopped before the last meet up and defused. I don't defuse, but I'm falling in love with plopping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDifA797Jrg (watch part 2 to see her results).

Ok today I'm moving slow. I stayed up last night and took care of 2 huge ugly stacks on my desk and now I have a very small stack that's consists of a few growing lists. I need to get out of the house because the walls are closing in on me, but these lists are messing with my mind SisterBoyd - Page 6 Icon_geek

Ok I have a confession...I'm not liking my rod set anymore and I want to get rid of it. However, it still feels so soft. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but something needs to be done.

I had to admit to myself this morning that even though I'm a lover of big wild hair...I'm a neat freak when it comes to my hair. So since I got lazy when I setting the rods my set came out rather yucky to me since it wasn't uniformed. I'll take a shot or two of the few curls that are left, but the style is about to go bye-bye. Ponytail, comb out, new do???? We will see, any ideas?

Now I do have a question - Why do BCers have issues with dry hair? Especially long transitioners since they've been moisturizing like crazy. I would think once you cut off all of the damaged hair you would be left with beautiful, moisturized curls. Ok help my understanding.

Ok going to work on this stack and list(s)...
SisterBoyd - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd March 2010, 8:53 pm

Hey SisterBoyd...

As a transitioner, I was thinking about the same thing...how do I keep my hair moisturized. I think dryness occurs after the BC because folks probably concentrated on their ends more than anything else. (You know that's a commandment! LOL) But, the transitioner is going to cut off those ends. With that in mind, I try to give extra attention to my natural portion--making sure it gets ample moisture and I try to "seal" where I think my ends will be (does that make sense?), in addition to the actual ends. So, I treat my whole head like I treat my ends. Let me know what you think.

I was having a problem with dryness, but since henna, co-washing twice a week (no mo shampoo), and my new DC (Giovanni 50/50, with honey and olive oil--I love this mixture), I'm seeing some "ack-right".

OK..this plopping thing...I'm really not understanding. I'm trying but just not getting it...help me, SisterBoyd...just what does it do? ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 4th March 2010, 1:29 am

Hey RYL_1...how are you feeling?

I do understand you about the moisture. When I was transitioning I just moistured my hair. I didn't start focusing on my ends in a few months ago...and now I have a head full of fairy knots SisterBoyd - Page 6 Icon_evil

The plopping is the catch the excess water from your hair. Since we can't wrap our head in a towel we will use a t-shirt or flour sack. You apply the t-shirt or sack after you've applied your product; at least that's what I do. This catches the excess water so you're not dripping all over the place and it gives your hair some volume and lift without disturbing your curls; for most folks. Did you watch the video; both parts.

I know a few who have had some problems with it. My friend did it recently and she feels like it makes her hair look dull. Also, she said it was wasting product. I don't feel that way because my hair doesn't seem like anything has been taken out of my hair besides the excess water.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 4th March 2010, 1:40 am

Ok today I separated more of my curls and pinned the front up a different way. Tonight I'll oil my scalp, put of shea butter throughout my hair and finish with with oil before putting my bonnet on.

Here is what it looked like today...remember I did the set on Sunday.

The camera didn't capture the individual curls so I pull a few so you can see...
SisterBoyd - Page 6 Rod_se10

Side view
SisterBoyd - Page 6 Rod_se11
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th March 2010, 2:49 pm

Two thumbs up ^^!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th March 2010, 2:50 pm

very pretty SisterBoyd - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 5th March 2010, 1:10 am

Thanks ladies!

Well today I got up and my hair was all over my head so I just washed it. I went back to my old faithful KCCC and my leave-in of aloe and glycerin.

Here are a few pictures...not that good, but you get the idea.

SisterBoyd - Page 6 Kccc_m10

SisterBoyd - Page 6 Kccc_m11
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 5th March 2010, 3:03 pm

lovely curls sis.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 5th March 2010, 7:17 pm

Happy Friday!!!!!

I went this morning to see the Steve Harvey Morning Show broadcasted in LA...man am I tired! I was up at 3 am to be in line at 5 am. And do you know I still didn't get a seat. Those folks are crazy! But I love Steve! Wink I have my ticket and will be there ready to get my mouth tore out on the 20th. And Lord bless my soul I didn't realize that the LA Marathon is the next day - my son is running his second marathon. We have to be at the school at 4 am. I dont' know how I'm going to do this. Thanks mom for reminding me 2 days after I bought my ticket. Either way it goes I will be at that finish line when my baby crosses it Wink

While I was in LA I stopped and picked up a tub of mango butter and a tub coco butter. Oh the plans I have for this stuff. Of course I haven't done my research on either yet, but I will once I can keep my eyes open. Hair, body, face, feet...ummmmm! SisterBoyd - Page 6 678474

My hair is holding up wonderfully like it always does with KCCC. I spritz'd it this morning and applied Eco to my edges so I'm a little crunchy, but I'm cool. Shiny with lots of defined curls. Its going to soften nicely. Angie took a picture of me this morning and I'll see if she'll send it or post it.

Ok loves I have to get it together to take a friend to the airport...hasta!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 5th March 2010, 10:51 pm

Your curls are beautiful!!!!! And where did you get the mango butter from in LA? I might have to drop by and get some for myself Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 5th March 2010, 11:36 pm

Thank you Keisha and BHolmes!

I got my butter from this place called ZamZam on Crenshaw in LA.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 9th March 2010, 9:54 pm

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
I can't seem to post on time and consistently for anything...hahahaha

Anyhooooo I got a new camera! Yaayyy!!!! So hopefully my pics will come out better and I won't have so many excuses for not taking any pictures. Even though it has been in my purse since Sunday I love my new camera Wink

Today, I finally decided to do my bentonite clay mask. I've decided that I will clarify once a month (I've been doing this for over a year); alternating months with my 'fixed' HE TT Shampoo and the bentonite clay. Here is what I did...

1. Rinsed my hair. I was still rocking my KCCC Wink
2. Applied my bentonite clay (clay was mixed with distilled water, greek yogurt, honey, ACV, olive, castor, and neem oils). Do you know I had to make another batch because I didn't make enough. That means a sista has some hair on her head woo hooo!!!!! SisterBoyd - Page 6 678474
3. I left the clay on for a hour, rinsed and cowashed with VO5
4. Rinsed and did a simi protein treatment using Giovanni's Magnetic Restruxturing Conditioner that I found at Marshall's yesterday for $.70. Yes, PJism if full effect! I mixed it with the last of my Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner. My hair felt great after I rinsed this out. I say simi-protein treatment because it has soy protein high on the ingredients list.
5. I followed with a DT of CD Tui Hair Smoothie, Organix Coconut Milk, and Giovanni's Smooth As Silk Deep Moisturizing conditioner; covered with a plastic cap and towel. And here I sit typing Wink

I haven't decided if I'm going to crack open that new bottle of Bed Head Moisture Maniac and do Conditioner Only or if I'm going to go back and use some more KCCC. I found the MM at TJMax for $12! I've been stalking this stuff for months and I can't bring myself to buying that little bottle for $14. So you know I was a happy camper when I saw the big bottle for $12 SisterBoyd - Page 6 Icon_cheers

And no I haven't mixed any of my butters yet...I've been a bit lazy lately. While I was letting my clay sit I did mix some of my body wash - very simple. Castile soap, honey, and water. I made 2 batches. 1) Dr. Bonner's baby formula - no scent. 2) Whole Foods Almond soap and I added some Dolce and Gabana Blue body oil. My son can use that one. Kills 2 birds with one stone. Mom's with boys in full puberty will understand SisterBoyd - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes hahahah

Ok ladies...I might be back with pictures tonight. I did a lemon juice and sugar scrub on my face earlier today and now I'm going to do a bentonite clay mask on my face. Let's just call this beauty Tuesday ;P
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th March 2010, 10:18 pm

Wow!! what a night!!! Enjoy!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 11th March 2010, 4:23 am

Well today when I woke up my hair was just wow! My curls were so tight. The sides and back were up the my ears hahahaha. So mixed with the bentonite clay and the Moisture Maniac I have super duper bionic curls and lots of shrinkage *looking for Blondie* Today I embrace the shrinkage and wore a headband; letting my hair do what it wanted to do...which was stay close to my scalp like a breastfeed baby to his mother hahahaha

It smells wonderful, its a little crunchy, but still soft, moisturized, shiny, and of course very defined. This morning I did spritz it and fluffed and pulled a bit. I put Eco on my edges and then donned a thin headband.

Naked hair after DC
SisterBoyd - Page 6 P3090010
This morning after spritzing and fluffing and pulling
SisterBoyd - Page 6 P3100011

And yes, after it dried from the spritz its back up to my ears right now hahaha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 11th March 2010, 7:27 am

Hey SisterBoyd,

Your hair is looking good! ;-)

I may have to give that Moisture Maniac a try. Yep, PJism in full effect!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th March 2010, 1:04 pm

SisterBoyd - Page 6 Lol @breastfeeding babe

Question, I tried to find your glycerin mix. I could not, would you mind sharing it, please?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th March 2010, 3:27 pm

Beautiful curls SisterBoyd - Page 6 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 12th March 2010, 4:31 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:SisterBoyd - Page 6 Lol @breastfeeding babe

Question, I tried to find your glycerin mix. I could not, would you mind sharing it, please?

I mix it myself...75% glycerin and 25% aloe ver gel or juice. Both I get from Whole Foods.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 12th March 2010, 4:34 am

Thank you IB and Ryl_1!

Ryl...how are you feeling? Do you need anything?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 12th March 2010, 4:41 am

Today, I spritz'd, fluffed and wore a headband. Here are a few pictures I took during the break at my all day workshop Wink

SisterBoyd - Page 6 P3100014

I was so tired...this meeting started at 9 am and I had already had a hour long conference call before this. I was sitting in the car talking myself out of leaving, going home and getting back in the bed. And I'm supposed to be in the bed now so I can get up for a half day meeting tomorrow SisterBoyd - Page 6 Sleep
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 12th March 2010, 8:02 am

Hey SisterBoyd!

I'm good...just stiff...LOL

All I need is the laughter...but if you are rolling by...hit me...I'll PM my phone number.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, GIRL! I appreciate it.
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th March 2010, 11:00 am

SisterBoyd! I love it.

Did you use your glycerine mix as the spritz?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th March 2010, 1:27 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:SisterBoyd - Page 6 Lol @breastfeeding babe

I mix it myself...75% glycerin and 25% aloe ver gel or juice. Both I get from Whole Foods.
Thanks, I want to try it in the next couple of weeks.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 13th March 2010, 1:58 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey SisterBoyd!

I'm good...just stiff...LOL

All I need is the laughter...but if you are rolling by...hit me...I'll PM my phone number.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, GIRL! I appreciate it.

Ok I'll give you a call.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum