CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first EVER braid out!!

+4
Treece
Hair2Me
neethair
NaturalUK
8 posters

Go down

My first EVER braid out!! Empty My first EVER braid out!!

Post by NaturalUK 20th January 2010, 10:48 am

Hi,

Within a week of finding this website and being aprehensivr about my natural hair (not had it natural for 16 years) I have just done my first ever braid out on my transitioning hair. My ends could be better but on the whole I'm pretty happy with it.

For me, I've only had relaxed or braided extensions in my hair so this is a hge step for me and I like it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NaturalUK
NaturalUK

Back to top Go down

My first EVER braid out!! Empty Re: My first EVER braid out!!

Post by neethair 20th January 2010, 11:55 am

NaturalUK-

It looks great and I love the accessories you use. The next time just put a couple rolls on the ends and you will be good to go. This is an exciting jounery and I know you will be a pro before long.

Blessings
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 20th January 2010, 11:59 am

Very cute! Love the hair flower!
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalUK 15th May 2010, 10:22 am

Ok, so have had some of my relxed ends cut out. It's been 12 months since my hair was relaxed and the next cut will be the BC.

I am experimenting with braid outs and twist outs and the results are varying. I still see it as a bit of a chore as it takes sooooo long to do but I'm slowlly getting used to it and beginning to love my natural hair.

NaturalUK
NaturalUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 16th May 2010, 1:32 am

Very cute! I love your hair and the color. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 16th May 2010, 10:11 am

RE: the ends

get some sponge rollers and take off the sponge, then use the rod to roll the ends, I like to roll them vertically so there's a bit of a spiral to it, that way your straight ends won't stick out Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 16th May 2010, 3:13 pm

Very Cute! My braid out ends are much better these days. I braid each section, leaving an inch of hair unbraided. I smooth the remaining unbraided hair with oil and roll vertically, using satin covered sponge rollers.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalUK 17th May 2010, 7:18 am

Thanks for the tips. I have had a lot of the ends cut off now. I washed my hair this weekend and really could not be bothered twisting or braiding my hair so I decided to try out my natural afro (for the first time in 16/17 years!!) and the result...

NaturalUK
NaturalUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 18th May 2010, 12:42 pm

Congrats! I can't wait until I'm relaxer free. I am so ready to try a wash and go.
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 19th May 2010, 10:02 am

@NaturalUK That is a cute look. What is your regimen? How did you do your braid out? I need to experiment more with the styles. I have not tried that yet. I've just been going back and forth from braids to roller sets. *ho hum*
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalUK 19th May 2010, 10:28 am

For the natural afro I had applied a shop dye to it as i had blonde highlights in and was fed up. I wanted to go back natural so after i washed tje dye out, I conditioned my hair and then wrapped a towel around my head for about 3 mins.

I then applied a coconut oil moisteriser and some jojobo oil. I finger combed it and after about half an hour, I put it into the style (pinned front part back with grips and then put a headscarf in) and just left it to dry naturally.

When I do a braid out, I wash/condition my hair and then apply coconut oil or shea butter moisteriser and comb through. I then section my hair and apply a leave in conditioner to each section and braid it (i have done smaller and larger braids and each works well) I usually apply a pomade or wax over each braid, especially on the ends and curl the ends (as my ends have been relaxed). I then leave it in braids to dry. (I actually leave it in for a couple of days before taking out). Before I take out my braids I usually rub some oil into my hands and run over my head/braids and then take them out.

The same method applies when I do twists which are just 2 strand twists (as if you are doing a braid but with only 2 strands).

hope this helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PS - I have only been doing braids/twists for a couple of months and have found them really easy but can be time consuming and I have to be in the right mood to just get on and do it
NaturalUK
NaturalUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 19th May 2010, 10:06 pm

NaturalUK wrote:
When I do a braid out, I wash/condition my hair and then apply coconut oil or shea butter moisteriser and comb through. I then section my hair and apply a leave in conditioner to each section and braid it (i have done smaller and larger braids and each works well) I usually apply a pomade or wax over each braid, especially on the ends and curl the ends (as my ends have been relaxed). I then leave it in braids to dry. (I actually leave it in for a couple of days before taking out). Before I take out my braids I usually rub some oil into my hands and run over my head/braids and then take them out.

I'll have to try that!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalUK 20th May 2010, 5:27 am

Great...you will have to show your results [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalUK
NaturalUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down