CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baking soda to clarify your skin???

5 posters

Go down

Baking soda to clarify your skin??? Empty Baking soda to clarify your skin???

Post by Kea::curls 17th January 2010, 11:38 pm

Hi Ladies!!!

I currently use baking soda to clarify my hair (to get rid of build-up). While researching this, I stumbled upon some people who used baking soda + water to make a skin paste that helps with their acne. Have any of you heard/had personal experience with this? My main concern is that it could be lightening to my skin (like bleach!!!) I know that baking soda doesn't seem to have *any* lightening effects on my hair, but just want to make sure...
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Baking soda to clarify your skin??? Empty Re: Baking soda to clarify your skin???

Post by TerraD 19th January 2010, 3:08 am

I use it as an exfoliant. It can be harsh, so I try not to rub it in forcefully. I soothe my skin with a gentle face lotion afterwards. I don't think it will cause lightening. I've been doing it since Sept. and have not experienced any changes in skin color!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Baking soda to clarify your skin??? Empty Re: Baking soda to clarify your skin???

Post by Kea::curls 19th January 2010, 1:17 pm

thanks girl !!!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by luv2pamper 19th January 2010, 7:45 pm

It won't bleach your skin, but it's extremely harsh, even if you don't scrub. Consider using a combination of sugar or ground oatmeal with aloe gel, and a few drops of tea tree. Follow up with a light moisturizer to balance your skin's natural oils oil.

Hope that helps.
luv2pamper
luv2pamper

http://mainelementlove.com/blog

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 26th January 2010, 12:35 pm

When I use it to clarify on my hair and it drips onto my forehead I noticed that it irritates my acne prone oil skin. I did try to use sugar before as an exfoliant and that broke me out. Now, I use a gentle apricot scrub I purchased from a health food store near by.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 19th February 2010, 4:23 am

I have combo, acne prone skin and I use it every few days as an exfoliant. I mix about half a tablespoon (just pour it into my hand) with my regular face wash and wash as usual, giving it a decent scrub. It leaves my skin smooth and glowing and helps prevent acne. It's not too harsh when used this way, and my skin tends to be somewhat sensitive.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down