CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of the Phoenix

+8
dajewel
Curly Film Chick
Intelligentbeauty
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
coily-muchacha
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Empty Re: Rise of the Phoenix

Post by coily-muchacha 21st January 2010, 11:32 pm

truet wrote:hey a little late but welcome to the challenge loved your story. I love your twist out they are so thick and full. How many do you do?

Thank you! I do maybe on average 16-20? I'm not sure, I never count. But I never do alot (even with my big ole head) on account of laziness haha,

And yup, that's all me in my profile pic. Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Icon_rr

Let's see, sorry for no pics from yesterday. I'm lazy, and school is starting to get in a bit. Also for that reason, I cowashed my twistout. I was so tired yesterday, so I just jacked my bonnet onto my bed before passing out. I usually retwist before bed, but I was just so out of it...

So in the am, my hair wasn't living up to my twistout standards. Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Icon_scratch I just decided to cowash, plop (which was my first time!), stick a flower in that thang and call it a day. I haven't done a wash and go in a hot minute, so it was a nice little change. It was cute for most of the day; no frizzies or anything suspect at all! But then I took a little nap... Slept on my bare fro (oops)... As I type this, I'm sitting in a library with a little bit of a dented fro. Oh well.

I'm going to restyle either tomorrow, or during the weekend. Any suggestions?
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 22nd January 2010, 5:10 pm

Well, I'm puffing today in anticipation of restyling sometime tomorrow. I think I'm really gonna try the Twist-N-Curl again. I'm kind of nervous because I still have that hot mess of a first time TNC in the back of my mind, but I'm gonna research my butt off today and just hope for the best.

Any tips from you TNC vets?
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 25th January 2010, 5:53 pm

Hello all.

If I had money, I'd buy a dryer with a diffuser attachment. I've been itching to do a wash-n-go lately after watching this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CcdMBq2L4Q

I'm in college, and I don't have much time to devote to styling my hair weekly, so I'm resulting to heat... I dunno. Twistouts are boring me to death lately (even though super FAB), and I hate that it takes forever to dry. I guess I need a break?

I just... I dunno. Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Icon_eek
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Empty being lazy

Post by coily-muchacha 26th January 2010, 6:08 pm

I know I'm supposed to be having some pics up here more often... I apologize. My goal is to post at least a pic a week now. Now that school has really started, I'm finding less time to photograph & post. But I'm gonna try to make this work. Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Icon_rabbit

Did another regular twistout on Sunday, and my hair is looking the BOMB today. Perhaps I should post a pic later?

Senora
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th January 2010, 6:27 pm

coily-muchacha wrote:Now that school has really started, I'm finding less time to photograph & post.

I know the feeling!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Empty Odd Nappy Dream

Post by coily-muchacha 27th January 2010, 6:47 pm

K, I had the strangest dream last night. I had cowashed my hair, put in some big fat twists, and took them out. Initially, I had this big fluffy fro, right? Well like an hour later after being out and about, someone was like "What happened to your hair?" I was like, "What are you talking about?" and went to the bathroom to see... My hair was straightened (not with a relaxer, just like a flat iron). Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Icon_pale

Lol I was so sad. Everybody was like "Senora, you changed!!! I liked your fro!" Then I woke up.

Weird huh?
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 27th January 2010, 6:48 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
coily-muchacha wrote:Now that school has really started, I'm finding less time to photograph & post.

I know the feeling!

Thanks girl! It sucks cause I feel kind of guilty for not posting regularly, you know?
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 27th January 2010, 6:57 pm

Too funny of a dream!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 7:04 pm

I've had those weird hair dreams too. Once I dreamed I was pre pooing with conditioner but when the conditioner started to burn, I realized I accidentally put relaxer in my hair. I was so upset!!! I woke up and snatched by bonnet off my head so fast!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 27th January 2010, 7:09 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I've had those weird hair dreams too. Once I dreamed I was pre pooing with conditioner but when the conditioner started to burn, I realized I accidentally put relaxer in my hair. I was so upset!!! I woke up and snatched by bonnet off my head so fast!!!

Lol wow that's terrible!!
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 29th January 2010, 1:21 am

I've got a treat: hair pictures! Finally haha. Sorry for the wait.

Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Hairstuff003
Wash-N-Go from last week

Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Hairstuff006
I believe this was second day hair, not sure. I just know it was this week.

Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Hairstuff011
Hair today. I know it's hard to see the definition in these last two pics cause I was too lazy to properly adjust my camera settings. Sorry for that.

I found a really interesting book in my library called Hair Story by Ayana Byrd. So far, it's a great read. If you want to find out in detail about the history of our hair from before we were taken from the Gold Coast until present (not that present, I think the book goes to like 1995, or 2000 lol), then you should go to your library or hit up that good ole' Amazon.com

Happy Friday!
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th January 2010, 12:40 pm

Yay for pics!!! LOL! Looks good!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 29th January 2010, 5:03 pm

So it's super cold and rainy in Austin today. It makes me concerned because I haven't moisturized AT ALL during this week (I know I deserve to be smacked upside the head) because I'm just lazy like that. I was squeezing some of my curls earlier, and it sounded like when you step on a crunchy leaf... Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Icon_neutral

I'm going out later on tonight, and I anticipate that it will be even colder. I was thinking that maybe some Leave-In or oil could help my dry problem???
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th January 2010, 2:29 pm

coily-muchacha wrote:So it's super cold and rainy in Austin today. It makes me concerned because I haven't moisturized AT ALL during this week (I know I deserve to be smacked upside the head) because I'm just lazy like that. I was squeezing some of my curls earlier, and it sounded like when you step on a crunchy leaf... Rise of the Phoenix - Page 2 Icon_neutral

I'm going out later on tonight, and I anticipate that it will be even colder. I was thinking that maybe some Leave-In or oil could help my dry problem???
Leave in should work great. I typically spray hair with water or strong tea then use leave in then seal with oil. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2010, 9:34 pm

coily-muchacha wrote:Hello all.

If I had money, I'd buy a dryer with a diffuser attachment. I've been itching to do a wash-n-go lately after watching this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CcdMBq2L4Q

I'm in college, and I don't have much time to devote to styling my hair weekly, so I'm resulting to heat... I dunno. Twistouts are boring me to death lately (even though super FAB), and I hate that it takes forever to dry. I guess I need a break?

Thanks for that vid, I just picked up the concentrater attachement to stretch my very tightly coiled hair.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 1st February 2010, 1:19 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
coily-muchacha wrote:Hello all.

Thanks for that vid, I just picked up the concentrater attachement to stretch my very tightly coiled hair.

No prob! Happy to help. Smile

Hair: Another day, another puff thanks to laziness. I'm thinking this week is finally the one for a TNC or bantu knot out or SOMETHING new. We shall see...

Senora
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 2nd February 2010, 7:26 pm

Hey ladies!

Today I'm wearing some FAT *ss braids under a hat. I had washed with my V05, and did them thirty mins before class. I'm gonna massage some Hair Honey on them before bed tonight, and I'm gonna take them down in the am for what I hope to be a big, fab fro.

Wish me luck!
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd February 2010, 7:50 pm

Good luck! Can't wait to see it.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2010, 10:00 pm