CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White residue issues with KCCC

5 posters

Go down

White residue issues with KCCC Empty White residue issues with KCCC

Post by bklynmama1 13th January 2010, 9:52 pm

I finally broke down and spent the money on KCCC but so far it isn't really working for me Sad I'll co-wash, put on the cantu leave in and the KCCC and instantly I have white clumps in my hair. I've tried using more, using less...same result! Has this happened to anyone? I'm wondering if the Cantu and KCCC don't like each other or if the KCCC doesn't like my hair?? And when would oil come into the mix? Cantu, Oil (coconut), KCCC or Cantu, KCCC, Oil? Thanks!!!
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

White residue issues with KCCC Empty Re: White residue issues with KCCC

Post by Stacye 13th January 2010, 10:48 pm

I used Cantu shea butter a while back. I love it alone, but it DOES NOT mix well with other products. Mostly anything I tried to mix it with would leave the white stuff in my hair. I think a lot of people use the Knot Today leave in with KCCC.

KCCC never really spanned out well with my hair. But I love the results on everyone else. So much that I still have a small container of it left. I am hoping someday my hair will like it so I can get the cute results like all the other KCCC chicas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th January 2010, 12:35 am

Cantu Shea butter leave in is known to leave white balls when used with other products. LethalPleasure aka cfk suggested using it with a water based product. KCCC and Cantu don't seem to work based on your experience. I would suggest using another conditioner with water as the first ingredient.

When trying products together for the first time, put a little of each in your hand and rub your hands together to see what happens. I have been saved.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msjayeparker 14th January 2010, 2:07 am

Hi bklynmama1,

I went to Whole Foods on yesterday and checked out KCCC. I held it, read it, and put it back on the shelf. I could push myself to purchase. But I will soon. But to help you I watch the Founder's(Shelley Davis) video (KCCC) on youtube and she didn't put any other product outside of her line with the KCCC. From what I saw, her hair was super clean of all oils and butters. Hopefully this will help you. Check out her video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JkWd-MyVdE

onelove
msjayeparker
msjayeparker

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 15th January 2010, 8:28 am

this may seem odd, but when i am using two products that i suspect may not mix well,or leave residue when applied separately. i mix the together in my palm then apply to a patch in the back to see how it works. this is how i get away with mixing Giovanni direct with sleek and shine
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 15th January 2010, 10:33 pm

Thanks ladies! I tried the product hand rub technique and I will be doing it from now on! The video was informative, but it will be awhile before I can splurge on the whole line!! I did watch a similar video with a woman with 4B hair using the same products. I'd definitely like to give them a try one day.
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down