CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path

+13
truet
Kea::curls
tiashaunteƩ
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
AfrikanLatina
Lynnieluve
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
Pinkrage
Stacye
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Empty Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path

Post by Stacye 4th January 2010, 6:08 pm

This is my first post about my hair. Ahh my hair. Its been through so much yet it shows no war wounds. Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_cool

I went natural on accident in 2003. Me and my sis were addicted to micro braids and I wore them for a year and a half straight. I stopped get a relaxer because the braids held better with thicker hair. I would not go anywhere unless my hair was hiding under my honey blonde braids. My job's big reunion weekend came along the summer of 2003 and I took my braids out and had an hair appt. in the morning. Lo and behold my braider did not show up. And to top it off my replacement braider ( who I ran to frantically) did not show up either! There was no way I could not show up at the reunion b/c I helped plan it!I had no idea what to do with the tightly coiled hair on top of my hair but threw some gel in it and kept it moving. ** And no I dont have a pic b/c I did my job, avoided cameras and quickly got out of there*** After that event I did get my braids back Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_smile

Fast foward to summer 2004 when I got accepted in grad school for dance. I moved out of town, away from my braider Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_sad and did not have any money and since I was dancing most of the time I saw no need in keeping the braids in. So one day I took out mybraids and made do with what I was faced it...my natural hair. I began to visit nappturality.com and tried the hot products at the time and pretty much kept my hair in good shape ( even though I longed for length) But as soon as I was back home for good... I got my braids back Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_smile

I wore them faithfully for another year until one day I took a good look at the damage the braids were causing and how my hair was not as beautiful as it was when I was in grad school. I decided to stop getting the micro braids, got beautiful mid back cornrows for 6 months and let my hair rest. Even since then, in 2007 I have been completley natural and loving it.

Now I must admit I had a rough 2009 and during my hair rest this past summer got cornrows, had a cutting mistake a la Melaine from the show the game ( remember when she was stressed and accidentlly cut her hair which turned into her fly hair style) and cut a lot of my hair when taking out my cornrows Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_sad so this summer I wore a weave to even out my lopsided cut.

But now the weave is out and I am having a great love affair with my hair. I am keeping a tight grip on my thick tresses and never letting it go.

Thanks Curly Nikki! Your hair was defintely an inspiration for my getting back to my natural state of mind!

Here is a pic of my twist out after a henna treatment I did this weekend ( yall henna is the truth! Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Affraid I love what it did to my hair). I used Curls whipped butter , a little gartier sleek and shine, with coconut oil on the ends. If you are facing the pic, the right side is the scissor happy side I cut lopsided Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_sad

Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Cimg0015

Last edited by Stacye on 4th January 2010, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed something)
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Empty Re: Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path

Post by Pinkrage 4th January 2010, 6:15 pm

Welcome Stacye! Your twist out is cute.

I am scared of micro braids. I didn't even get micros for my honeymoon but mines were small enough. Either I took them out wrong or they were put them in wrong but SO much of my hair came out that i am good on small braids. I will occassionally do cornrows for vacations.

I'm glad that you are LOVING your hair. Good Luck on your journey.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Empty Re: Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2010, 6:56 pm

welcome!! your hair is beautiful!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th January 2010, 7:07 pm

I too am afraid of micros. I once got them and one came out in the middle of my scalp along with all the hair. I had a patch of baldness right atop my head.

But your hair looks great! Welcome!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 7:15 pm

Welcome to the challenge! When I glanced at your avatar, I thought, "She favors Michelle Obama!"
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 4th January 2010, 7:55 pm

Wow! What a compliment! Thanks Lynnieluve Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Herz
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 9:34 pm

As cute as micro braids are they did some damage to my hair back in my college days. I swore them off forever. You have a beautiful head of hair Welcome sis!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 9:38 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Welcome to the challenge! When I glanced at your avatar, I thought, "She favors Michelle Obama!"

DITTO THAT!!
AND WELCOME!!! HAVE FUN HERE Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 11:15 pm

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! Gorgeous hair and gorgeous avatar! Look forward to seeing more of your thread, I know you have a lot to offer!

---Reese Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th January 2010, 11:17 pm

welcome to the challenge!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 5:49 pm

Welcome! Your avatar looks like you are ready to say "How you doin'?" That show (The Wendy Williams Show) is crazy but I watch it.

That's great to still have healthy hair after so many years of continued braided hair.

I like your twist out, very nice!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 5th January 2010, 6:41 pm

Today and this week will probably be low key. I am teaching dance during the day and its in the 30s down here so no need for snazzy hairstyles.

I did get my KBB hair milk and butter yesterday so I put some in my hair to mosterize. I keep a hat on during classes so my hair is frizzy but with a bit of shine. The smell of the levender vanilla products is good but it kind of gets to you after a while.

Anyway I will see how the product goes.

Here is a pic of my hair today...

Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Cimg0016
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 5th January 2010, 7:21 pm

I had braids one time....I did the same thing. I thought I was cutting out some loose weave but it was a BIG chunk of my hair. That was my last time getting individuals braids with hair added.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 5th January 2010, 8:40 pm

@ tiashauntee- I shouldnt known better girl. I felt so dumb hunking out my hair like that. I so learned my lesson!
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 5th January 2010, 9:41 pm

welcome to the challenge! what type of dance do you teach?

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 10:46 pm

Let us know how you like KBB's hair milk and butter. I love her stuff!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 5th January 2010, 10:50 pm

@ Kea: Curls- I teach at an elementary school so its creative movement for the younger kids. I have one group of eight graders and tried modern dance with them and they were not having it! This was my first week at the school and they said they are interested in partner dancing so I will try to incorporate that for them. But I am going to sneak my modern in there some type of way Smile

@ chrslvsbks- I will let you guys know about the KBB!

Cheers!
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 5th January 2010, 11:25 pm

Love your avatar Stacye, you are so pretty! And the hair? FABULOUS!

---Reese Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 6th January 2010, 12:00 am

@ Freestyles- Thanks chica!
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 7th January 2010, 6:11 pm

I went to Marshall's today looking for some good products to cop. Unfortunely the products that I am familar with were not there. However there was some other products that I could have tried but I remembered that my job is part time and if Im not sure about it, I should leave it there. Too bad the fashion side of my brain was not as frugal; I bought a $7 sundress and some cute undies Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_wink

My hair is still in 2 flat twist. The weather is unusually still cold and wet. Since its suppose the be 14 degrees saturday I am definitely staying in and using my new shampoo bar from KBB. Will let yall know if I like it.
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th January 2010, 6:13 pm

your Avatar is beautiful!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 7th January 2010, 6:35 pm

welcome to the form
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 7th January 2010, 7:01 pm

Welcome to the challenge! I love the KBB hair milk and hair butter. I'll stick to unscented the next time I order. Anyway, curious how you like the shampoo. Not that I need any, but if I'm going to keep ordering the hair milk, I may try the shampoo one of these days too.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 7th January 2010, 7:14 pm

welcome to the challenge! you have great hair and I'm looking forward to your review of KBB because I am very interested in trying the products...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 8th January 2010, 6:57 pm

Hi ladies,

Glad yall asked about the KBB shampoo. I actually tried it last night b/c my hair was feeling kind of oily.

The latter was really rich and the shampoo seemed to serve its purpose. I didnt feel like my hair was stripped completely of mositure so I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. I only give it that b/c I have the mehandi shampoo bar in rosemary and sage and I am in LOVE with it. I love the smell and the rosemary tingle. The KBB shampoo bar does not stink but it does not have a smell that can compete with the Mehandi.

After I washed I put the KBB hair milk in, which was a good follow up and softened my hair. I think I will definitely stick with the KBB hair milk.

I am just starting to get a line of products that will be my mainstays. So far the Mehandi shampoo bar, henna and KBB hair milk are on the list. We shall see what follows. Tight Grip on Thick Tresses- My Hair Path Icon_cool
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next