CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWA Twist Out.....SWEAT OUT!!!!

5 posters

Go down

TWA Twist Out.....SWEAT OUT!!!! Empty TWA Twist Out.....SWEAT OUT!!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 4th January 2010, 2:28 pm

I have a definite TWA, and part of my N.Y. resolution is to get healthy. I twisted my hair (took 2hrs) on Thursday night and took them down on Saturday night. Sunday and this morning my hair was gawgus!!!!! Then I pulled out my work out DVD and went to work early this morning. When I was done, I looked in the mirror and was so upset. The sides of my head are not a twist out, they are just out. I pulled it back into a semi-puff, but there is just no help for them. And keep in mind that my sides have little to no curl pattern.

Any tips on how to preserve a TWA twist out while working out? Thanks ladies.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

TWA Twist Out.....SWEAT OUT!!!! Empty Re: TWA Twist Out.....SWEAT OUT!!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 5th January 2010, 12:46 pm

I think I figured it out. Last night I rewet and retwisted the sides. Only about 4 twist total to fix the ones that I sweated out. Then went to bed as usual. This morning I got up, untwisted in about 2mins and viola, it looks like it did on day 1.
I didn't work out this morning because my body is hurting like HE**. But I'll try to get something in tonight before bed and retwist those sides again.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 7:15 pm

I know I'm late but if you want your twist out to last all week, some nights you will have to retwist....especially as your gets longer.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 27th January 2010, 7:20 pm

I learned that the hard way too, twists and works are fine but twist outs and working out = loss of definition. Retwisting seems to be the only option
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 2nd February 2010, 12:58 am

This has helped me just in time just did a twist out and going to workout with it for the first time and was wondering what would happen. I'm wearing a headband in the avatar so I'll wear it like this and twist the ends take them down after the workout.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 9th February 2010, 12:24 am

I work out about 4 times a week and I HAVE to retwist every night! If not, I will lose the definition of my curls! Sometimes, I even rewet it too! But yeah, those are the sacrifices you make to stay in shape! But definitely don't let it stop you from getting your work out on! I sooo believe in that, which is why I went natural in the first place because its so much easier for me to wet and twist, than flat iron like I was doing when I had a relaxer! So in the end, its a lot easier to maintain than having relaxed hair in my opinion! But yeah, retwisting is the key!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down