CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mommy Talk

+15
mrsrenaissance
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
naturallyu
iammybeloveds
oooop2
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
Tamren
jamaicacurl
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
NikG20
LearninToLove
AfrikanLatina
19 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mommy Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Mommy Talk

Post by jamaicacurl 3rd January 2010, 2:33 pm

@ Intelligent - OMG I bet those were 18 long minutes! But praise God for all that He has done! Blessing & Miracle are very fitting Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 3rd January 2010, 3:24 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey how did I miss this. Go AL, because I forgot to send CN the message [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Anyway, everyone's children looks so adorable. I love children. They are so much fun but exhausting. I am finding my 3 and a half year old doesn't want to hug and kiss his mom as much as before. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have read that boys tend to do this around this age so it's ok. I am glad I read that or I would have been really hurt. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] seriously [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also have a 1, going on 2 years old in March and he is such a little man already. Aggressive, direct, and tenacious with exactly what he wants. He understands very well and if his little mouth would cooperate, he would be holding long, clear conversations with you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have special names for them. My oldest is called "blessing" and my youngest is called "miracle." I believe that children are a gift(blessing) from the Lord hence my oldest name. But my youngest, no he goes beyond blessing, he is a miracle. After a fanastic 9 month pregnancy, he came into this world not breathing. When he was removed from me via c-section, he did not take his first breath for 18 minutes. 18 MINUTES!!! He was resurrected only by God's mercy on the 19th minute and seized once. And get this, NO ONE KNOWS WHY!!!
Since then, my baby has not been on any meds, has no form of developemental delay what so ever, and seems to be more advance than his brother was at this age in everything.

That is why I have to give GOD all the glory and praise. Because I could have been telling you about a funeral or memorial service. But when I think back on that day, I can not help to get excited about the Lord and my babies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Children are a blessing. They are God's greatest gifts to us. The fruit of the womb is His reward!

I LOVE HEARING TESTIMONIES!!!!! Were you actually praying for his return or God just did it? HE IS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! That's a very fitting name. We named ours Victory Emmanuel because he needed a victory and God to be with him. We were praying for one of our babies to be raised from the dead, but we had to stop praying and give him over to the hospital to take care of. I always think of what could have happened if we had had more time to worship God. Now he's with Jesus and has his reward.
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 3rd January 2010, 4:19 pm

Intelligent that son of yours has a great purpose in this world. A blessing he is indeed. Smile

What beautiful baby's and families everyone has.I love it!

I have a ton of pics of my pumpkin on my facebook if you ladies want to see. Heres the link I know he gets tired of me for snapping his pictures lol You should see some of the faces he makes. People used to always comment on how serious he looked but now he's more of a smiling baby. I used to say he was just a deep thinker so that explained his facial expressions lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 3rd January 2010, 6:42 pm

@AL

My little one starts to run away from me if I pull out the camera.

But she's starting to become a little actor. I told my hubby today that I think she tries to get people to think we are beating her because when she can't get her way she'll scream "Oh or ouch" (at least that's what it sounds like) and gets on the ground. I'm trying to think what show she may have seen to get this from because she hasn't been around other kids enough to pick it up. Maybe it's just the sinful nature. I don't know. I try not to laugh but it is kinda funny because she'll be across the room doing this and I look at my husband like huh? And he just turns away to keep from smiling. I might need to get her an agent.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 7:42 pm

You all have beautiful families. I was just smiling like I was looking at family members pics.

@ Intelligentbeauty - WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!! That is an awesome testimony. I agree with ALatina. He definitely has a great purpose on this earth. I cant imagine how long those 18 minutes felt like. Thanks for sharing.

My son use to do really well with taking pics. Now I have to almost beg him to smile. I usually try to capture moments when he is not paying attention.

I am watching my son play with his legos right now. He is looking so serious stacking them...like he has something in mind that he is trying to build. So cute.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 3rd January 2010, 9:51 pm

I have no clue how to introduce my child. She is somethin' else. Laila is 3 goin on 30. She loves to dance and sing and read. She has pretty much been ahead of schedule on everything but she is especially strong linguistically. Her Parents as Teachers liason says she has the language skills of a 6 year old. She especially loves to sing praise and worship songs and I am so thankful for that!! She has favor wherever she goes. People are always thinking of her and blessing her with things! Some people think she is a diva in training, which is so the opposite of what i was - I was the biggest tomboy growing up! But I always said I would encourage her to be herself and she is definitely herself. She has my seriousness and my husband's neatniking and silliness. Some days she looks like me, most of the times like him. She loves to perform and she has a video on youtube from last spring when she was in our church children's program. Here is the link. You will pretty much be able to figure out which one she is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1LTrBoBxc If the link doesn't work just do a search for the video called "Solo Act". She was 2 then.

Potty training is a challenge but we were lucky and she has been potty trained for a year. (since she was 2.5). She is in preschool 3 days a week and daycare the other 2 days. Right now she is eating up everything in sight. At three she wears a size 5 - she is pretty tall. She is very independente We are trying to have another baby in 2010. Sister girl needs a playmate!! She is talking our heads off 24/7! I need some of you with all these boys to rub some of that testosterone on me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I don't care, but I know my hubby would like a boy to do manly things with! We don't have many boys in our family so that would be nice too. Then again, if I had a boy I wouldn't have to worry about doing another head of hair!

thanks for sharing your stories with me!! I love to read about your little ones!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]the 3 of us at a Cardinals baseball game last summer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]on her 3rd bday last june
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Christmas 2009
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]being herself!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 3rd January 2010, 10:11 pm

@cory

I laughed so hard I cried. She looks like quite a character. I see her with all the poses. She's ready for the camera. My little one would be the one standing there pointing her finger (she gets that from her daddy) telling your daughter to stop. She "told" my husband to stop kissing me earlier.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 3rd January 2010, 10:34 pm

Diva indeed @ Cory lol She is tooo cute I soooo see my nieces in the way you describe her and the way she is working that camera. I love that she is so advanced.

We don't want to force anything but we're going to star baby sign language this month in the hopes that our son will eventually learn and understand how to communicate before he can verbally communicate. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 3rd January 2010, 10:45 pm

@ALatina
My little picked up the 1 sign I was trying to skip COOKIE
and for whatever reason my husband wants to use the sign for apple for everything.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 11:47 pm

Beautiful family Cory.

I guess I should introduce my son too. My son is 22 months. He started to talk around 11 months but he stopped around 14 months. He currently is taking speech therapy. He says a few words when he wants too. Although he is not talking he understands very well. Especially, "Do you want a spanking?" LOL!!

He is very observant especially in new environments. I believe he will be some type of engineer when he grows up because if you give him something, he will figure out how it works. He has been turning his musical/educational toys on and off since about 10 months old. I am proud to say he recognizes all his ABCs, shapes and colors. The nursery workers at church always tell me how smart he is. He loves books!!!

Him with my brother
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hate to admit it but he's a momma's boy. LOL! Hopefully that will change when he gets a little older.

He [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] to run. He keeps me on my toes. Sometimes I wonder if I dont tell him, "Come back here" would he continue to run away and not look back. LOL! He's very easying going. He isnt easily frustrated unless it's naptime. He loves riding in shopping carts and strollers. Thank God! I've seen some children in the store "show out" if they are taking near a shopping cart or stroller. He cleans up really well. I started early making him clean up behind himself, around 16 months. He even helps me with the laundry. He's responsible for pushing the clothes in the dryer. I am raising a man over here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How could I forget he loves musical instruments. My husband is a musician and we have every musical instrument you could think of. An organ, several keyboards, drum set, lead guitar, and bass guitar.

Here a pic when he was 12 months

I could go on and on about my little man but I guess I will stop here.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 11:51 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Diva indeed @ Cory lol She is tooo cute I soooo see my nieces in the way you describe her and the way she is working that camera. I love that she is so advanced.

We don't want to force anything but we're going to star baby sign language this month in the hopes that our son will eventually learn and understand how to communicate before he can verbally communicate. Smile

We did baby sign language when he was 10 months but I wasnt consistent. As soon as he learned how to sign "milk", I stop teaching the signs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Shame on me! The only signs he knows now is "all done" and that's only because that's about the only one I still use. My niece signs very well. It helped my sister in law out tremendously. Even though my niece is talking she still uses her sign language.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 3rd January 2010, 11:53 pm

I have 2 girls. Nyomi will be 7 tomorrow and Kennedi will be 5 in February. My oldest is the sweetest child, but OVERLY sensitive. And my youngest takes NO CRAP from anyone, so dealing with her at time can be a challenge. But she is the most free-spirited, engaging child, so she keeps us entertained.

oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 11:56 pm

Oo-oop2, they are so cute!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 4th January 2010, 12:06 am

oooop2
Is that Belle from Beauty and the Beast with your girls.

I love proud mommys

My little one should be in computers as much time as we spend on them. She has learned to "type" to change the the screens on the computer. Which is very interesting because my husband does web design so he doesn't like it too much. She's very interested in my sewing and crocheting and is a little "cleaner". She is always taking a cloth, napkin, whatever and wiping something down. We got a Disney Princess broom and dustpan before Christmas and she is always sweeping things (even if they are not on the floor.) Tonight she ate more green beans then anyone and cried when the plate was empty.

What can I say. I love my little girl.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 4th January 2010, 12:16 am

AL - Sign language will really help them learn to talk actually. We did sign with lai when she was about 6 months old and she really got the hang of it. Especially at eating time when she was in the high chair. She knew the sign for "more" and "eat" and "drink" and "ball" and used them regularly. but as soon as she learned to talk she was done with the signing!! She stopped using it at a year. We have actually started to reintroduce it because my mother in law is deaf and she is starting to spend more time with her when we aren't around and even though my MIL reads lips (she has only been deaf about 8 years), it can be frustrating when she has to keep repeating herself so she can read them right! She is interested in it again so she has picked up her old signs and some new ones including "play".

Cool mom - don't you just love it when they love the veggies! She eats them first. My DD loves green beans. She got mad when we had carrots tonight and begged for greenbeans or broccoli. She pouted by eating the mashed potatoes first!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 12:24 am

All this mommy talk just makes me smile. Hubby is looking at me like I'm crazy. I'm on my phone so I can't see pictures right now but I bet those girls are gorgeous oooop.

@Lynnie...Im HOPING to be consistent with the signing. I know its such a great tool for us to communicate with our little ones until they can tell us what they need, what's wrong, who did it, etc lol He's already such a babbler, when I'm on the phone usually with my sister he is talking up a storm.

@Notthecoolmom...I remember being around my nieces when they were your daughters age. They r suuuuuuch characters with big personalities. You have a good eater over there. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 4th January 2010, 12:36 am

She's getting slick too. When I did her hair this week she kept turning around and giving be BIG hugs. Now I of course I couldn't stop her because the child never slows down for a good hug and gives pecks or blows kisses while she's running laps in the house. Well, tonight hubby took her up to go to bed and she kept asking for mama and giving me hugs to avoid going to bed. I had to make him the bad guy on that one because I LOVE my hugs.

I would love to have another little one that was a cuddler, but I don't know if it would best for my health.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 1:38 am

@jamaicacurl and learntolove, my sons names are Chauncey(oldest) and Christian (youngest). Their nick names are blessing and miracle. Sorry for the miscommunication. However Christian's name was picked out way before his birth so that was a little weird...lol.

@AL and Lynn yes I truly believe that the Lord has a special plan for youngest. I expect great things out of both of them

@AL, I used sign language with both of my children and my youngest picked up on it soooo much faster than the oldest. It really helped subdue those temper tantrums on my oldest and my youngest rarely has temper tantrum because of it. I also have been teaching both of my children Spanish since my whole family is from Panama. I want this to be a language that is second nature to them.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 1:55 am

@Intelligent...I have to show you some Panamanian love. Unfortunately I am not fluent in Spanish since my father was absent from the home but I do intend to learn and teach my son the language as well. I can hold my own in a short conversation but that is about it. lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 4th January 2010, 2:03 am

Aw I love the stories Smile I don't have a girl but is it me or are girls just really chatty? Everyone I know who has a girl, the child is always very talkative. I guess that's our nature as females though.

My 3 year old loves playing sports and he's actually pretty athletically inclined! I'm not one of those parents though who necessarily wants her son to be an athlete though. I stress education now and always will. If either of them do play sports and gets hurt or something, they must have another career to fall back on!
I taught my boys sign as well. The main ones used were "more, milk, all done & eat". It definitely helps. Now that my 20 month old has more words in his vocab I don't let him get away with whining. I'm always saying "use your words!" And he'll stop crying & just tell me what he wants.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 4th January 2010, 2:08 am

@jamaica
my mom laughed at me because I tell my little one to use her words even with a limited vocabulary.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 4th January 2010, 2:11 am

Hey I don't see anything wrong with that girl! Let her use whatever words she has! The less crying the better lol!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 2:25 am

I just wanted to share a few of my pumpkins MANY faces. He's such a character and hasn't even hit 6 months yet. He brings us so much joy. I swear I never knew love like this. Every single morning I wake up and look at him he smiles:) It really warms my heart. I know you all know what I mean. Blessings they are indeed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I sent this to hubby one day while he was at work. It made his day!

AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 2:33 am

ALatina, he is a cutie! Love the pic you sent to your hubby!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 3:00 am

He is adorable AL. (sending Panamanian love right back to yea) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next