CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mommy Talk

+15
mrsrenaissance
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
naturallyu
iammybeloveds
oooop2
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
Tamren
jamaicacurl
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
NikG20
LearninToLove
AfrikanLatina
19 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mommy Talk Empty Mommy Talk

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 7:36 pm

Did your little one take his or her first step? lose their first tooth? Are you potty training and about to pull your hair out? Share what's going on in your life as a mommy Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Mommy Talk Empty Re: Mommy Talk

Post by LearninToLove 2nd January 2010, 7:50 pm

I'm currently pregnant (love all the baby's movements!) and half-heartedly trying to potty train my 20mo. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 2nd January 2010, 7:51 pm

Lil man is starting to sit up a little better. As soon as he leans to the side a little he falls, but he's getting better with that. No crawling yet. Well, he tummy crawls. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth really quick as if he's going to take off. He's 9 months, but he was born 1 month early so I don't think he's doing things as quickly as other children his age. Otherwise he's very "talkative", he says da-da all the time. He does not say mama. Mad He had 2 teeth pop up a few weeks ago and they look so cute! Ohhhh and his hair is starting to grow and curl!! I will try to post a picture. Smile
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 2nd January 2010, 7:52 pm

Congrats Learnintolove!! Oh and potty training can be difficult. Mad Be consistent with it!! That's the only tip I really have. Ohhh wait! Everytime A would go in her potty I had this made up song that we would both sing and dance to. It made her really excited. It was something like "You peepee, in da potty, you peepee, in da potty. Oh yeahhhh, Oh yeahhhh, Oh YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH!!!!!!!!" Then "YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!" lol Neutral
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 2nd January 2010, 8:01 pm

NikG20 wrote:Lil man is starting to sit up a little better. As soon as he leans to the side a little he falls, but he's getting better with that. No crawling yet. Well, he tummy crawls. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth really quick as if he's going to take off. He's 9 months, but he was born 1 month early so I don't think he's doing things as quickly as other children his age. Otherwise he's very "talkative", he says da-da all the time. He does not say mama. Mad He had 2 teeth pop up a few weeks ago and they look so cute! Ohhhh and his hair is starting to grow and curl!! I will try to post a picture. Smile

Aaawwwww, that's so cute! I remember that stage! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks NikG20! Potty training around here just happens. I don't try to force it. He knows about it and stuff but I don't make him. It's okay. I was cloth diapering too, but I stopped for now. With this new one I'm going to try elimination communication so I don't have to worry about the transition from going in the diaper to potty training! They'll already be used to going on the potty!
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 8:03 pm

LearninToLove wrote:I'm currently pregnant (love all the baby's movements!) and half-heartedly trying to potty train my 20mo. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Awwww...congrats sis. How far along are you? Boy or girl or surprise?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 8:23 pm

My son will be 2yrs old next month (Feb 12th). Nana is ready to start potty training but I am not. I dont think he is ready yet. I dont want to make the mistake my sister in law made. She started early (18 months) with my niece and she is still potty training her. She's 2 and a half now. I must add my niece had a setback when they moved from OK to TN.

The only sign my son is showing that he is ready is poo poo-ing private about 90% of the time. The only thing is when he finishes, he continues to play. He doesnt care that's its on him.

Another thing I should add is he is not talking yet. He is good at communicating in other ways though. When I do start, I will just put him on a potty schedule initially until he understands what's going on.

I am going to get a potty around his birthday though.

Congratulations LearninToLove!!

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 2nd January 2010, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct grammar)
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 2nd January 2010, 9:23 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Awwww...congrats sis. How far along are you? Boy or girl or surprise?
Thanks! This one will be a surprise.
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 9:26 pm

OOOhhhhh! Thats so wonderful. We were surprised with our son too even though we had the feeling he was a boy we couldn't say for sure. It was great!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 2nd January 2010, 9:37 pm

My little one is 17 months and she started walking whenever she felt like it (it is wrong that I can't remember exactly??) Whenever it was the doctor asked about it and we told him she would take a couple of steps and then fall, well next thing I know she's walking and now running. She was pre-mature and I was hospitalized 8 times during my pregnancy so I'm just glad we're both here.

She's starting to say more things: mama, da, happy, bubbles, uh oh, wow and other than that I need a translator.

Now I will say she is very observant, not too much gets past her without being noticed. Her newest thing is dancing. Which is so cute. I'm hoping she'll have rhythm, but it's looking iffy right now.

She has learned the exact button to push to play the music on 2 of her toys (Oh, JOY!)
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 9:47 pm

I know I shouldn't rush it but I look forward to my pumpkin hitting his milestones. He just started rolling over last month and now he's moving all about that crib. He does this little kicking thing with his leg and that one little move gets him turned around 360 degrees by the time I come to check up on him. When I put him down his head at the end of the bed closest to the window, when I come back his head is at the end closest to the door. The window and door are parallel to each other. LOL He tickles me sometimes Smile

@Notthecoolmom...I'm glad that you are babygirl are both here too. Smile She's so adorable. Taj is also VERY observant.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 2nd January 2010, 10:22 pm

I already have two boys and one in heaven so it wouldn't be something new for us.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nothtecoolmom I love your analysis of your daughter! That's too hilarious! I hope she finds rhythm soon too! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's so cute about your baby, AfrikanLatina! Baby's always tickle me.
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 3rd January 2010, 12:58 am

My hubby got my little one a see and say for Christmas (first of all, they suck from when I grew up). It is small and not strong enough to take her pulling the lever without it tipping over. I know it has more stuff on it, like a guessing game and music, but why does my baby look like she's at the slot machine every time she tries to play with it. She has the animal noise one and LOVES the cow and the rooster.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 3rd January 2010, 1:15 am

Congrats to you Learnintolove!

Kids are adorable, fun, and exhausting sometimes!

My 3 year old thinks he's 13 but he's a sweet kid. As some of you already know, he's a picky eater so we're working on that more now. It's been going on since he was 2 so I'm praying for this phase to end very soon. Potty training him was not so easy because he's so stubborn. He knew what to do for a long time but it just never seemed convenient enough for him to have to actually leave his toys to go potty. By the time he was 3 he got it down! Now we just have to work on him going to the potty at night (he wears pullups to bed).

I have a 20 month old son also who is so funny to watch. He's talking up a storm now and I think he's just doing a lot of what he sees his big brother do and say. I'm starting to potty train him but I think I'm so tired that I'm not even stressing it as much as I did with my first son. But he is actually motivated to do it. And with eating he is no problem (thank God!). You could be eating something and he won't know what it is but he wants some LOL!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 1:19 am

My baby has that same see and say. I agree, they are not the same as the ones we grew up with.

Okay....I love sharing pics (as you all should know by now). How can we have mommy talk without sharing pics of our "love bugs?" (Only if you feel comfortable doing it of course)

Here's the most recent pic of my lil man on Christmas day in his Yo Gabba Gabba tent:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 3rd January 2010, 1:23 am

Lynnieluve wrote:My baby has that same see and say. I agree, they are not the same as the ones we grew up with.

Okay....I love sharing pics (as you all should know by now). How can we have mommy talk without sharing pics of our "love bugs?" (Only if you feel comfortable doing it of course)

Here's the most recent pic of my lil man on Christmas day in his Yo Gabba Gabba tent:

He is cute! He looks like you Lynnie! Love the jammies too Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 1:26 am

Thanks. People always says he looks like me until they see his dad.

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 3rd January 2010, 1:44 am

Here is my 3 year old:

And my 20 month old:

jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 3rd January 2010, 1:46 am

I think he looks like you, well you know "you ain't said nothing but a word."

These are just some that I have shared on other threads, but given be some time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She started off looking more like my hubby, but now she really looks like my mom (I guess and therefore me), but she has features that are definitely from my dad. But she's has my husband's head and cheeks. It amazing me how God puts us together.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 3rd January 2010, 2:03 am

All your children are so cute and they look just like you all! I LOVE how children look like their parents...

So here's all of us...

Here's another one of the girl that was crying... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here's my curly natural blond

LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 3rd January 2010, 2:57 am

Everyone has beautiful children!!
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd January 2010, 8:32 am

Hey how did I miss this. Go AL, because I forgot to send CN the message [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Anyway, everyone's children looks so adorable. I love children. They are so much fun but exhausting. I am finding my 3 and a half year old doesn't want to hug and kiss his mom as much as before. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have read that boys tend to do this around this age so it's ok. I am glad I read that or I would have been really hurt. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] seriously [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also have a 1, going on 2 years old in March and he is such a little man already. Aggressive, direct, and tenacious with exactly what he wants. He understands very well and if his little mouth would cooperate, he would be holding long, clear conversations with you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have special names for them. My oldest is called "blessing" and my youngest is called "miracle." I believe that children are a gift(blessing) from the Lord hence my oldest name. But my youngest, no he goes beyond blessing, he is a miracle. After a fanastic 9 month pregnancy, he came into this world not breathing. When he was removed from me via c-section, he did not take his first breath for 18 minutes. 18 MINUTES!!! He was resurrected only by God's mercy on the 19th minute and seized once. And get this, NO ONE KNOWS WHY!!!
Since then, my baby has not been on any meds, has no form of developemental delay what so ever, and seems to be more advance than his brother was at this age in everything.

That is why I have to give GOD all the glory and praise. Because I could have been telling you about a funeral or memorial service. But when I think back on that day, I can not help to get excited about the Lord and my babies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 3rd January 2010, 12:24 pm

@intelligent

I want to praise Him with you. I do believe all babies are a blessing from God.

Psalm 139:13
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb

My little is SO aggressive (I didn't get aggressive until my late teen years- pushed by my mom out of need, but that's another story).

My little one is very aggressive, assertive and from her tone some times can tell you off in a second. (Once she's speaking clearly I'll know how much of that bud I should nip.)

I don't want to stifle her personality at all. She has my husband's humor-which I love. And my curiosity. To be a little as she is she pushes grown men aside (literally! Yet another story.)

I don't know what God has in store for her, but I'm excited he let us take care of her.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd January 2010, 2:21 pm

Notthecoolmom wrote:@intelligent

I want to praise Him with you. I do believe all babies are a blessing from God.

Psalm 139:13
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb

My little is SO aggressive (I didn't get aggressive until my late teen years- pushed by my mom out of need, but that's another story).

My little one is very aggressive, assertive and from her tone some times can tell you off in a second. (Once she's speaking clearly I'll know how much of that bud I should nip.)

I don't want to stifle her personality at all. She has my husband's humor-which I love. And my curiosity. To be a little as she is she pushes grown men aside (literally! Yet another story.)

I don't know what God has in store for her, but I'm excited he let us take care of her.

Thank you girl!!! And my youngest is perfect in very normal way. God is good!!!

Your little one sounds like fun too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd January 2010, 2:25 pm

@JAMAICACURL, you have 2 boys. Do you find they start testing you at a certain age? My 3 yr old tells me now when he is bored, and that usually means trouble. And he is becoming very defiant. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . He tells me no all the time when I ask him to clean up or do anything. Half of the time I am thinking "BOY, WHO ARE YOU TALKING TOO. I GAVE BIRTH TO YOU, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND".....LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next