CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Food

+6
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
LearninToLove
Erica5417
NikG20
AfrikanLatina
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Baby Food - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Food

Post by Notthecoolmom 3rd January 2010, 9:04 pm

My little one is eating teddy grahams while I eat chips...why you may ask?
Because my husband wants to try a new recipe, but didn't have all the ingredients so he had to run out to the store.

Boy am I hungry.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 9:23 pm

I hope you guys eat soon.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 3rd January 2010, 10:32 pm

Nothecoolmom..lucky you, your hubby cooks lol Mine would've stopped cooking right after we started dating but I was still insisting that he share that duty NOW it would be a miracle to have him cook more than once a month. I hope you've eaten by now lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 4th January 2010, 12:26 am

I too breastfed for 13months, (husband was also getting antsy - told lai her lease was up - LOL!) She went straight to a cup. Solids like the rest were cereal w/ BM then on to green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and any of the fruits. If she wouldn't eat something I would put applesauce on the tip of the spoon to make her open her mouth and take what ever was on the back!

I didn't do a good job with the homemade food as I hoped. By 9 months though she didn't want baby food anymore anyway - she wanted what we ate and has always been a good eater. now when I pick her up from school the first thing she asks is what I'm making for dinner. After dinner when my hub says " that was good dear" she repeats and says the same thing LOL!!

I will def bookmark that site because I had all the tips you guys just gave planned out - when the time came i just bought a jar!! I will do better for the next one.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 1:16 am

I breastfed both boys for exactly 7 months. I always said 7 months or until they start to get teeth. Well teeth always seem to appear around 7 months so that worked out...lol.

Hey babycenter.com is also a great site for all things baby.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 1:28 am

My son needs to have me in his line of sight the majority of the time or he's not happy. Sometimes he can be distracted and not notice I'm gone until he sees me come back in the door or down the stairs. He's such a mommas boy and my sister says "boobie baby boys are mamas boys" lol I think she may be right in this case Smile When I tell people that I intend to breastfeed for at least a year they are like,"WHAT??!" and have the nerve to give me the screw face lmbo. How misinformed they are...smh
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 3:03 am

I think a year of breastfeeding is great and healthy. I was just to afraid of those teeth. The gums alone could do damage....lol. Besides my husband wanted his boobies back...lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 11:52 am

@ ALatina - your sister maybe right, because my son is a momma's boy.

Intelligentbeauty, my hubby was the same way. He was definitely jealous. I breastfed 6 months.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlykaren 4th January 2010, 12:34 pm

My youngest is 5 months and I have been trying to get him on solids but he is not having it. I think I will hold off for another few weeks til he reaches 6 months and try again. He is also teething, and I think that may be why he is rejecting solids. My oldest is 7 and he didn't start solids until 6 months and did fine.

I breast fed all of my kids until they were 1... I am thinking of going even longer with this one and letting him self wean whenever he is ready. Since I know he will be the last one I feel like I need to relax and enjoy each stage.
kurlykaren
kurlykaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 1:32 pm

My sister in law breastfed my niece until she was 2 years old. My niece would get in here lap and lift her shirt up whenever she felt like. It wasnt until my niece did it at church that my sister in law decided it was time to wean her. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 1:42 pm

LOL that is too funny Lynnie. Not that I care but I could only imagine what my crazy family would say if I was still breastfeeding Taj at 2 years old. In Europe some women nurse until 4 and 5 years of age. I remember seeing a piece on Dateline I believe.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 4th January 2010, 3:22 pm

Yep, AfrikanLatina, breast feeding is good no matter how long you do it, it's just extended breast feeding is looked down in our society...mothering is looked down on in our society.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th January 2010, 12:25 pm

What foods did you ladies find that your little ones loved when they started eating solids? Taj loves his sweet potatoes and he did good with avocado for about 3 or 4 days and then didn't want it anymore. Then I made pureed peas the other night and he wasn't too pleased with those. I added breastmilk to thin them out and make them smoother. I'm going to try again today and see if maybe he was just having a bad day. If he still doesn't want them I need to move on to the next food and I don't know what that's going to be.

I haven't been inconsistent with feeding him solids. Some days I'll give it to him once after his morning nap. Other days I'll give it to him after the morning nap and then around dinner time when we eat. Some days he only gets breastmilk all day. There's no particular reason other than I might be running around doing errands or something like that.

Last edited by AfrikanLatina on 30th January 2010, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th January 2010, 12:41 pm

Babies are really like us. Some days you want peas and some days you dont. I've read somewhere you have to try new foods several times before babies will know if they like it or not so dont get discouraged.

I started my son out with squash, sweet potatoes, green beans and then moved to fruits. Some days I would give him veggies and fruit.

He will be 2 on 12th of Feb and he is still picky. When he turned a year old, he loved Goldfish. He has just recently started eating them again. I end up eating a lot of things I get for him because he just doesnt want them anymore.

Good luck.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th January 2010, 1:07 pm

Thanks Lynnie. May I ask how you prepared the squash? We are talking about the squash that's yellow and oddly shaped right?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th January 2010, 1:27 pm

I never made his food myself. It was store bought.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlykaren 5th February 2010, 7:34 pm

Thanks ladies for talking up avocados... my son is still rejecting baby food, so I decided to try an avocado since I had some for my hair Very Happy and lo and behold he ate a good 2 - 3 tablespoons the 1st sitting and proceeded to eat the entire avocado during the rest of the meals yesterday. Today I tried sweet potatoes and while he is accepting them, he is not eating with as much gusto as he did yesterday.
kurlykaren
kurlykaren

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th February 2010, 2:30 pm

My pumpkin is boycotting food and really only wants to breastfeed so I've been giving him a break and I've only been breastfeeding. He's also taking breastmilk in a bottle every now and then. I'm going to see how he does with pureed asparagus next week. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2