CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starting my transition journey and needing help

4 posters

Go down

starting my transition journey and needing help Empty starting my transition journey and needing help

Post by gretchrenaw 27th December 2009, 11:02 pm

Hello lovely ladies!!!

My name is Gretchen, I'm 19 years old and as of Christmas day I have started my long journey to a happier "nappier" (i use that word with no bitterness and only love) me! Right now I'm currently rocking a two-strand twist out that should last for a few days to a week before I co-wash. My sister is three months into her transition and is helping me and giving me advice. She currently uses Carol's Daughter and so is my boyfriend's mother (who's fully natural). There's also Miss Jessie's products. I was simply wondering about any other suggestions any of you had for me. My hair is pretty thick and can get VERY dry if not cared for. Anything helps including a keep up the good work! Thanks!!!
gretchrenaw
gretchrenaw

Back to top Go down

starting my transition journey and needing help Empty Re: starting my transition journey and needing help

Post by mrsmackey 27th December 2009, 11:06 pm

Congrats on ur decision! I've decided to stop relaxing as well, as of Dec. 22ND. How long do you plan to transition?
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

starting my transition journey and needing help Empty Re: starting my transition journey and needing help

Post by gretchrenaw 27th December 2009, 11:27 pm

Thanks! For at least about a year. I've been getting relaxers since I was little and I'm just sick of them!
gretchrenaw
gretchrenaw

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 28th December 2009, 12:04 am

My hair was growing in a relaxer and I got sick of them too. My daughters woke me up to it though (well, that and being broke). I haven't had a perm since April '09 (as you can see in my siggy). I'm planning on doing a looooong transition until all my permed ends are cut off.

Last edited by LearninToLove on 28th December 2009, 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 28th December 2009, 12:59 pm

Congrats ladies on your natural decision. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've been transitioning for 15 months and love every minute of it including the little knots I sometimes find when I'm trying to detangle [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I use Carol's Daughter's Black Vanilla shampoo, smoothie and Healty Hair Butter. I only shampoo once a month and cowash weekly. Since I'm too lazy to DC I baggy my hair for about 1hr or longer before I cowash. After cowashing I shingle my hair with Curls' Curl Souffle add a lil Ecostyler and proceed with my TnC. Since my ends are still straight [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have to curl them in order to blend with the rest of my hair. I make sure to seal them with either my shea butter/jojoba oil blend or CD's hair butter. Definitely DT.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down