CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaturalNixon

+21
krazy coils
NubieNatty
DvaAuNaturel
KinkyNappyHappy
MellowOne
LaToya28
MahoganyCurls
jcanalena79
SheeTacular
missmoriah
BlondeByDesire
bholmes87
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
HumanNature
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
NaturalNixon
25 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NaturalNixon - Page 7 Empty Re: NaturalNixon

Post by NaturalNixon 27th May 2010, 5:04 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hello! I don't believe I've ever stopped by your house. Most of the time I'm a peeping Tommie but this visit require more than a pass thru...
Ok sooooooooooo, that fro was super on point. For some reason I felt like it was me and in my head started accessorizing it with headbands and flowers. LOL! Long story short, you have inspired me today!

Why thanks for stopping by. I would offer you something to drink but I have to go grocery shopping. NaturalNixon - Page 7 Lol

WOW I inspired someone. That is a 1st. The fro was actually easier than I though. I just did it it sections. Now your twist out my dear is inspiration. If I can get mine to stand up like that I will be one bad chick. Maybe I am twisting the top wrong. Who knows!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th May 2010, 5:48 pm

NaturalNixon wrote:Thanks Tia! I want to be like you when I grow up. NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_biggrin I need to get me some scarves to accessorize my fro.

With the warm weather I been thinking about highlighting my hair. Decisions Decisions!! NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes

That fro is perfect for rocking out on a pretty day. You don't even need a scarf!!!

:::looking for my fist pick so I can pass it to NN:::
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 27th May 2010, 6:08 pm

awww thanks Tia! I think I want the sides cornrowed up and wear the top out as a mo-hawk. (hint hint NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_wink )

::going to pick up fist pick from Tia::
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th May 2010, 11:58 am

NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_bounce Like OMGoodness, so NaturalNixon - Page 7 Herz the fro (think Valley Girl 80s here)!

I hope you get your sides cornrowed as you hinted to, LOL. I can envision the style, and it will look so cute on you.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 31st May 2010, 12:13 am

NaturalNixon wrote:awww thanks Tia! I think I want the sides cornrowed up and wear the top out as a mo-hawk. (hint hint NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_wink )

::going to pick up fist pick from Tia::

You know I got you!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st May 2010, 3:17 pm

i looooooooove that fro and the color too! now stop stalkin the thread n join in on the fun
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 1st June 2010, 1:36 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i looooooooove that fro and the color too! now stop stalkin the thread n join in on the fun

Thanks Nubie! I want to come in more and play but with work, school, children, and some other "ventures" my time is limited. I will try to make more time to join in the fun...JUST FOR YOU!! NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_wink
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 1st June 2010, 11:34 pm

so I was off today and tried my hand at some cornrows. I washed and deep conditoned my hair and let it air dry. I then proceeded to cornrown my hair to the back and roll the ends. I will take them down tomorrow since they don't look good enough to wear to work. I will keep at it and try my best to perfect it. Also I have added a pic of my chunky twist out. My sister got married on sat and I did not have much time to do my hair on Friday. I got so many compliments on my hair. Most people at the wedding at not seen it since I BC'ed in August.

NaturalNixon - Page 7 03510 Me and niece(she could not focus as you can tell)

NaturalNixon - Page 7 03611 She got it this time

NaturalNixon - Page 7 04610 Me and my baby sis

NaturalNixon - Page 7 05410

NaturalNixon - Page 7 05210

Can't wait to see what it turns out like tomorrow. I will make sure to post pics of the results
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 2nd June 2010, 10:03 am

Morning curlies!

ok..the braid out was a epic fail! NaturalNixon - Page 7 Confused Some parts was wavy and some was straight. I think had I kept them in for more than a day they would have been more defined. I will try it again. I willpost pictures tonight.

But I always say that naturals don't have bad hair days. NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_rr Nothing that a few bobby pins can't fix. I pulled the top back and fluffed the back and made it happen.
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 2nd June 2010, 10:17 am

Good morning NaturalNixon, your hair is sooo pretty! I can't wait til my fro is as big as yours. Sorry your braidout didn't turn out well, but good job on fixing it up and rocking it anyway! Have a great day.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd June 2010, 10:30 am

After you cornrow your hair spritz it very lightly with some water. That will help set the waves all over.

So.....you can cornrow now huh? Let me book my appt.....I get tire of doing m own hair
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 2nd June 2010, 10:42 am

Thanks Latoya! You fro will be big before you know it.

@ Tia...u saw them cornrows. I will keep practicing. If I did yours they will think Stevie Wonder did them. They look good enough to go to sleep in. LOL!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 3rd June 2010, 10:11 pm

Remember my braid out that did not turn out so well? Well I have pics of how it turned out. I also did some twist on the failed braid out yesterday with Shea-moisture curling souffle from target. Can I say that I puffy heart love this stuff??? NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_geek A little goes a long way and it is sooo moisturizing.

NaturalNixon - Page 7 00512

NaturalNixon - Page 7 00611

how I recovered the braid out

NaturalNixon - Page 7 01014

NaturalNixon - Page 7 01212

NaturalNixon - Page 7 01412
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd June 2010, 10:13 pm

Great job!!! Thumbs up!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 3rd June 2010, 10:18 pm

Thanks Tia! Let me just add with the humidty yesterday and the walk I took on my lunch, I looked lke Diana Ross by the time I got home. NaturalNixon - Page 7 Lol
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th June 2010, 11:14 am

tiashauntee wrote:Great job!!! Thumbs up!
ITA!

When my hair doesn't turn out as I expect it, a headband, clip or bobby pins definitely help.

Love the butterfly dress, too cute!

When doing braid outs, Tia's advice is correct. She helped me achieve the look I wanted with mine months ago NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_biggrin .

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th June 2010, 11:21 am

Hey NN, glad I stopped by today and saw your fro, and braidout styles. I also picked up a good tip. I'm gonna visit more often NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 4th June 2010, 11:27 am

Hey Natural Nixon! Love the chunky twistout from the wedding. It was pretty. I can't cornrow or even flat twist and I guess I could practice and get better, but I just stay with what I know. LOL
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th June 2010, 1:00 pm

Loved the chunky twist out from the wedding and GREAT save on the braid out. I will keep that style in mind. I like it alot!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

NaturalNixon - Page 7 Empty A healthier me and a hair name!!

Post by NaturalNixon 9th June 2010, 10:39 am

Morning curlies. Not much been going on with my hair. I did do a braid out(with plaits this time) on Sunday and they came out much better(I did them on freshly wash hair). After my workout on Monday they went poof NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_eek . I put chunky twist in them after my workout and after my workout last night they went poof. NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes You see a pattern here. I have it in a curly puff today and prob will wear it like this til the weekend. I am still loving the shea moisture curling souffle. I think I will also pick up the lotion as well.

So curlies I have commited to starting a new and healthier me. I have been eating right and working out since Sunday. I am sore as HECK but no pain no gain right??? NaturalNixon - Page 7 Confused I can tell you what I have eaten since sunday and for me that is NOT the norm. I am committed to staying on this healthy track and not looking back. The ladies on this board is awesome with their help and tips.
My goal is to drop 35 pounds. I am also participating in the Susan Komen Breast cancer walk on Sat. It should be fun and also a good cardio workout. I just hope the 90 degree weather hold off til after 12. NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_redface

I will keep you updated with my weight loss journey as well as what is going on with my hair(that still need a name). I was thinking about Orange Blossom(or Blossom for short). She was the only black character on Strawberry Shortcake. Remember her??

NaturalNixon - Page 7 Strawb10

So what do you think of the name??
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th June 2010, 12:32 pm

Hey Natural Nixon,

Congrats on starting a healthy weight loss journey! I like the name Blossom for your hair.There was also another show back in the day where the character's name was Blossom. That could have been the name of the show also but I can't remember. Have a great day!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

NaturalNixon - Page 7 Empty A new healthier me and maybe a hair name!!

Post by NaturalNixon 10th June 2010, 12:08 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Natural Nixon,

Congrats on starting a healthy weight loss journey! I like the name Blossom for your hair.There was also another show back in the day where the character's name was Blossom. That could have been the name of the show also but I can't remember. Have a great day!

Thanks KC! I want to get my braid outs to look like yours. Practice makes perfect though right! NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th June 2010, 3:19 pm

It sure does NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_smile !
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

NaturalNixon - Page 7 Empty Susan Komen Breast Cancer Run

Post by NaturalNixon 14th June 2010, 11:58 am

On Saturday a few of my friends and I did the run for breast cancer. It was hot but all that went away when we got there. It was such a great feeling running next to survivors, people running for those that was battling the disease, etc. Very emotional as well. My friend Christina and I made the local newspaper. We are mini celebrities. LOL! My hair was in a wash and go and was very poofy and wet by the end of the race. Such a great day. I plan to make this a annual event. By the way the race was 5K. NaturalNixon - Page 7 Icon_eek
NaturalNixon - Page 7 First_10

This week I am trying to decide what to do with my hair for the hair show on Saturday. Any suggestions??

NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 1:04 pm

I NaturalNixon - Page 7 Herz the fro! My vote is for the fro.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum