CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detangling My Hair

2 posters

Go down

Detangling My Hair Empty Detangling My Hair

Post by NaturallyKeyStreet 20th December 2009, 2:59 pm

Hey Ladies!

Everytime I wash my hair I dread the detangling part. It hurts and I see a lot of hair in the comb when I am finished. It's so frustrating. The other day a brought a detangler (Dark and Lovely Beautiful Beginnings Kids Ouchless Detangler) and I tried it for the first time today. It worked miracles. My hair was so easy to comb through. I was ecstatic. I have read a lot about detangling hair on these natural hair websites but I never hear anyone say that they use a detangler. Are detanglers bad for your hair? Why wouldn't everyone use one?

NaturallyKeyStreet

Back to top Go down

Detangling My Hair Empty Re: Detangling My Hair

Post by dajewel 20th December 2009, 3:07 pm

i don't detangle with a comb because i get more breakage. instead, i just finger detangle about once a week. i got this idea from oooop2 in curlfriends. part of helping with detangling is keeping hair moisturized (take a look at my post on www.curlynikki.com about olive oil and coconut oil as a deep conditioner. also, it helps to use a gentle cleanser that has marsh mellow root and bhm; these help detangle the hair. i like to use leave-ins that have these ingredients as well.), keeping hair in protective styles that minimize knots, tangles, etc. i swear by this method because it helps me detangle and manage my hair (and i have alot of thick hair). post this product in my thread in curlyfriends, and i will do an analysis of the ingredients. i
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down