CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a big sister...randomly did a bc last night...literally

4 posters

Go down

I need a big sister...randomly did a bc last night...literally Empty I need a big sister...randomly did a bc last night...literally

Post by feelinme 19th December 2009, 12:40 am

About 4 months ago I decided to go natural after wanting to do so for like 5 years [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I have stalked this and other natural hair blogs since August trying to get my arsenal up and I finally did the big chop. Unlike some ppl I did not wake up and say hey today is the day. It was more of a you know you gotta do it type of thing. But I knew I was not gonna transition well bc I have no patience for stuff like that. So now my hair is natural and I am drawing a blank [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . All that research is out. I dont really know my hair type but know it is tightly cioled kinda reminds me of sheeps wool with the thinkness. I guess Im a 4 b. Its an s shape not a z shape. I don't mean that in a bad way. My hair likes oil and I dont know what to do as far as styling. Suave doesnt seem to effect my ends and I DC with ORS olive oil treatment. Can someone please adopt me?..LOL
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

I need a big sister...randomly did a bc last night...literally Empty Re: I need a big sister...randomly did a bc last night...literally

Post by lina40 19th December 2009, 1:14 pm

hi feelinme - i would be happy to adopt ya! I suppose with a 4 month transition you have about 2-3 inches or so to work with. You may want to do an overnite deep condition with avocado or coconut oil to help the ends out. my fotki is
http://public.fotki.com/okorolina40 -- i have a products album that you can check out, as well as a henna tutorial so that you can check out my texture.

-- i also have a huge stash and would love to drop some as gifts to my little sistas once we get a regimen going Smile

Welcom to the natural side of life! Things can only getter from here sweetie!
lina40
lina40

Back to top Go down

I need a big sister...randomly did a bc last night...literally Empty Re: I need a big sister...randomly did a bc last night...literally

Post by feelinme 19th December 2009, 1:43 pm

Why thank you! I do I just did my avatar. My hair was really knotted when I took out my braids. I just knew I had to do it. The 1st day my hair was super dry. I realized that I can no longer use sauve, I switched to hellp hydration and love it. And as you recommended I use coconut oil. Today I tried coconut oil mixed with jojoba oil and qp elasta feels like silk. I like today's results way better than yesterday. When i transtitioned I used the ORS olive oil treat as a dc. I like it but have not seen the effects on my natural due.

I wish I have more styling options. ANy suggestions/? O also have and avacado in the fridge...Do you know of any homemade treatments I could do? I was thinking the avacado with dc mix. NOt too sure though.
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by leightred 19th December 2009, 4:59 pm

Hello Feelinme, have you tried using an non-leave condition in your hair and finger coiling your strands of locs, this will define the locs of hair and you will have beautiful coils of hair. Don't worry about too much condish it will evaporate. Then you could sport a headband or an dressy barrette. At this stage in your journey, you are somewhat patiently waiting for more length so that you can style, style, style and it will come sooner than you know. Also with length comes more work in appling different styles. Smiles. I will be watching for updates. Enjoy your journey. Happy Holiday. Tracy
leightred
leightred

http://leightred.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lina40 19th December 2009, 8:32 pm

Hey feelinme - the combo of jojoba, coconut and the elasta product (main ingredient is glycerin) is a great starter leave-in for you. As Leightred mentioned, you can just take your hair in small sections and twirl them with your finger until it coils on itself like thick spirals.

My fotki friend Mia uses the feels like silk since she did her BC - its a great product for 'wash-n-go' styles like what you are doing now.

here is her hair at year 1
http://public.fotki.com/MyHairUndone/myhairundones_natur-1/the_first_year/september_2003/9_10_1.html

For your avocado, you can liquefy it in a blender, then add 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 tbs of honey. You can also add a dollop of a thick conditioner, or some regular mayonnaise.

Avocado is an excellent source of essential fats, protein, and vitamins. The recipe i mentioned can be applied to the hair or as a face mask (without the conditioner). You can also slice and mash that avocado, dice some tomatoes, onion, and green pepper, and add a squeeze of lime juice to make some zesty guacamole -

be sure to do a skin patch test first -- i know people who learned the hard way that they are allergic to avocado.. but if you've eaten it before, you should be fine.

BTW, Avocado was the first food I gave my son when it was time for puree's and solids. it has a low acidity and is very satisfying. he loved it!

Some cute hair pins/clips and scarves would be perfect for the holidays girl - check out Joanns or Hancock Fabrics or your local fabric store and get 1.5 to 2 yards of a nice material in a color or pattern you like .
* acetate, silk, satin, some polyester blends, rayon/nylon

that is the cheap way to accessorize and stay within budget. you can also get some silk flowers and floral tape, and make a pin for your hair too.

I wish I did more with my hair when it was shorter. Check out my year 1 album. I pretty much wore it wrapped up and twisted up.
my album pw is
innerbeauty

Blessings! I think you look darling!!

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Lina
lina40
lina40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 19th December 2009, 9:06 pm

hi feelinme!!! i randomly BC'd after approx 4~5 months transition, as well. good luck on your natural hair journey & enjoy your TWA!!!
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by feelinme 19th December 2009, 10:15 pm

Thanks you guys [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@leightred= I thought about the coils but didnt know how to start them. I know you said put the conditioner on it but can I start with dry hair or should it be wet. I will try it tomorrow since I am snowed in.

@lina40- Fortunatley for me I have all those things I need to make the condition and the guacomole too, lol. Its wierd bc I know i cut off my hair but I forgert until I look in the mirror and the permed ends are gone. I have always been the type if I set my mind on something I do it and but with this I was still in doubt with the process. But I am soooo happy I did it. I comtemplated going natural for 5 years before I actually did. I didn't know that there were so many styles and so much versatility. I have had a perm since I was two. I will try making my one hair pins bc theone at Target are like 6 dollars a piece, WTW. Im too cheap to do that. LOL

@keacurls- I thought I was one of a select few that just did it without much thought. Most ppl plan and think about thier transtional period but after the first few snips I was excited for the change. Now dont get me wrong I went thru the changes for like 10 mins but a few of my freinds are natural and they helped me thru. I felt like I accomplished something. Actually my goals for 09 were to enroll for my MBA and to do something for me. I decided to go natural and I completed both goals. Even funnier my lil sis who is 12 started in May when she was 11 with her process and I started in August. I thought is she can do it why cant I.

Last edited by feelinme on 19th December 2009, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by leightred 20th December 2009, 12:24 am

@Feelinme, I prefer doing this w/ clean washed hair, whether you co-wash or shampoo either way is fine. Then apply your favorite condish to your hair, about a cuff in the palm of your hand amount and apply to your whole head, more if you think you need to, then starting at the nape of your scalp take a pinch of your hair/coil and just start twisting it, it will twist. Work from right to left or via verse until you have nice twist coils all over your head. Now if you think you may have put too much condish on your head just take a paper towel and pat the extra away, the rest will evaporate. Now let this air dry, blow drying dries out my hair but I do blow dry after my hair has air dried about 75% and do sleep in a satin scarf or bonnet to protect your hair at night and from drying out and I believe wearing a hair wrap helps retain the moisture. In the morning, after removing your hair wrap, gentle pull the loc out w/ your finger to shape. DO NOT run your finger through the hair we can not do that. Just gentle pull to shape and fluff, I hope this make sense to you. Now here a little secret of mine well it not my secret really but I do this. The end of your locs in about 2 days or sooner will begin to puff out of the nice coil you put them in, just take your favorite condition (no water) and apply it to the strands of loc ( that's each individual one that has puff out of shape) and re-twist it, the amt of condish is about the size of dot on your finger tip. I apply a little condish to my ends almost every morning, but not all of them it would take forever just the outside locs that one might see. And then sometime it's like wow I don't need to do a thing. LOL The twisting part will take practice but you will soon be able to do this with your eye close. If you have trouble with twisting, take one of those comb w/ the pointed ends and wrap your strands of hair around it, or take a straw and cut it in half to use, just about anything will do w/ a circular shape that you wrap your hair around. Do take pics, I want to see the results. You can also email me a tracytotes@yahoo.com or become my friend on facebook search Tracy Edwards. I'm addicted to FarmVille and FishVille and PetVille and sorry to say I just don't get to this site often. I should do better. So I'm giving you this info b/c I would hate to be waiting forever for a reply. I hate waiting that's is why I check in to see if you or anyone responded to wait I had to say. Smiles.
leightred
leightred

http://leightred.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down