CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Need You Ladies to Help Me Help Someone Else

2 posters

Go down

I Need You Ladies to Help Me Help Someone Else Empty I Need You Ladies to Help Me Help Someone Else

Post by MsParker 18th December 2009, 4:23 pm

Hi ladies!

I need your help! I recently did my BC and i'm embracing my naturalness. I'm trying out products and doing hairstyles. But I'm not the issue. I have a coworker/family friend who did her BC almost 2 years ago. And she does nothing to her hair! No, I'm not talking a wash and go. I'm talking I rolled out of bed, took my scarf off, and go. Ladies she has 4a hair (like me) and she uses no products on her hair. Ok, maybe she does but I can't tell. And no, it's not an afro, because there is no shape up or braiding at night happening, no cute accessories. NOTHING! I see her at least 3 times a week and I don't know what to do. She's older than me and she's more a friend of my mother's than mine and I don't want to be rude and just scream "Do SOMETHING with your hair!" She's a really nice person but she's not into "be girly" (her words not mine). When I became addicted to your site I tried to get her to read it, too. Because maybe she would get into it and buy some products... She tried a few products but when they didnt work on her hair she gave up. And she's so beautiful inside and out, I wish I knew what to say. Can you help?
MsParker
MsParker

Back to top Go down

I Need You Ladies to Help Me Help Someone Else Empty Re: I Need You Ladies to Help Me Help Someone Else

Post by NylaCoils 18th December 2009, 4:28 pm

MSPARKER- this sounds just like how I met my natural lil sis- You need to give her a care package and suggest that you come and show her what to do. I gave my natural lil sis- some VO5, a hair turban, some shea butter, coconut oil.

Then I went to her house- did a twist out on her hair. I cowashed it for her. Let her feel the slip of herbal essence. Then I did the twist out- using a gel and some oils. That is how she wears it now. She has learned so much that sometimes, I feel like I am the lil sis now!

Sometimes, people just need to be placed in the right direction!

Last edited by NylaCoils on 18th December 2009, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I Need You Ladies to Help Me Help Someone Else Empty Re: I Need You Ladies to Help Me Help Someone Else

Post by MsParker 18th December 2009, 4:33 pm

Thanks @NylaCoils that's a great idea. However she gets very defensive sometimes and she doesn't like to try new things. But I haven't tried to hands on approach yet so I think it's time to do so. Thanks again!
MsParker
MsParker

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 18th December 2009, 4:37 pm

I would do it like this-
Take a small little gift bag- pit all the stuff in there! Act overexcited..OMG- I just had to share with another natural - all of the stuff I have learned surfing on the internet! Then pull out each thing and tell her how to use it!

Then say maybe we could do each others! What about on ____day?

Also get some print outs- you know ms jessies website is great! It shows the items, that are needed to do twist outs- coil outs.

Good luck and let me know how it works!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by MsParker 18th December 2009, 4:39 pm

Yes! I love that idea! Thank you...Um can I be your lil sis too? LOL
MsParker
MsParker

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 18th December 2009, 4:50 pm

Yes, you can be my lil sis!

And get her some ecostyler gel! that stuff is great! I know in NYC, you guys have a dollar store- the microfiber turban can be found in there- as well as the vo5, spray bottle, shea butter is also cheap. I got some on Jamaica Ave in Queens for $5. The ecostyler was $3. I am not saying go broke but you know! I think, I spent about $12 on my lil sis. I forgot- I did give her a few spray bottles. I currently have 5. I have one that has an oil mix. I have another that has my own hair growth serum. I have one that is conditioner watered down. I have 2 that have "deva aloe"
consisting of deva care one conditioner, castor oil and aloe vera gel.

Also, you can go to the 1.00 store and buy containers. Place a little shea in one container and put a little of the ecostyler in another. I hope that helps, lil sis!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by MsParker 18th December 2009, 4:56 pm

It does help! So a million times: thank you!
MsParker
MsParker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down