CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trader Joe's Tea Tree

+15
Naturalin2010
Gado-Gado Gal
Naturally Nu*
dyamonds10
tallncurly
gemofacurlgirl
ShennaNanette
Natural Wheezes
tamtam7
ambjacks
Patycurls
tiashaunteé
Pinkrage
NaturalNixon
Miz B
19 posters

Go down

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Empty Trader Joe's Tea Tree

Post by Miz B 15th December 2009, 11:46 pm

Okay, I'm always complaining about being broke I'm a PJ and my name is Belita! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But I had to try Trader Joe's Tingle Tea Tree Conditioner, and this my curlies is a Holy Grail!! I just cowashed -didn't add any oils just straight TJ TT. This gets the WOW factor! It's really moisturizing, and really defined my curls. Even when I started twisting my hair after I rinsed it out, I had super duper clumps of coils. This stuff is the bizness. It has great slip and detangles really well and left my hair with moisture-oops did I say that already? Hee hee..and soft. Why didn't I find this several $$$$ ago!! I promised myself to control my inner PJ'ism for my new year's resolution and I mean it! This will be my staple co-wash and deep conditioner fa sho.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Empty Re: Trader Joe's Tea Tree

Post by NaturalNixon 16th December 2009, 12:19 pm

I have to agree with you 500% on this one. I got some last friday(the PJ was out on the prowl thanks to Nikki). I did a wash and go today(I had not did that is a LONG time) and my curls are screaming YES YES YES!!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 16th December 2009, 5:09 pm

OK, I will be picking this up tomorrow. I have been SO good this past week with keeping the PJism down. It's Christmas time ya know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

@Miz B- You cowashed with it, what did you use as your conditioner and/or leave in?

@ NaturalNixon- how did you use it?
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th December 2009, 5:54 pm

This is no good.....I am really becoming a PJ. I do not need to read reviews that will make me go shop.

All the products I currently use are good enough to get the job done without complaints but nothing is really in that "WOW" category for me

Last edited by tiashauntee on 20th December 2009, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Patycurls 17th December 2009, 9:46 pm

This would have to be my first holy grail conditioner and I've tried a few... I like it better than the Aubrey Honeysuckle conditioner that gets the raves.

Patycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ambjacks 20th December 2009, 8:20 pm

Where can u buy this at b/c I havent seen it in stores. Thanks!!

ambjacks

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 27th December 2009, 8:21 pm

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I just purchased a bottle on Monday, and I have fallen in love. Run, don't walk to your nearest Trader Joe's Neighborhood Grocery Store (if you have one in your neigborhood, that is) and purchase this unbelievable conditioner.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 29th December 2009, 1:35 pm

I was in Trader Joe's last week and wasn't even thinking of it, then I passed it in the aisle was all, "oh snap!!" LOL! Of course I had to pick it up! I washed my hair in braids because of time constraints so I can't say how good it was at detangling, but my hair was soooo soft afterwards! And between this and my castor oil my scalp and hair at the roots stayed well moisturized. It's going in my daily spritz for sure!
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by ShennaNanette 27th June 2010, 11:21 am

I LOVE THISSSSSSSSS!! $4 BUCKS FOR THE BOTTLE!!! I even purchased the shampoo because after my month long braids or twists, conditioner isn't enough to clean my hair.. The shampoo did not strip my hair at all!! I GO CONDITIONER HAPPY WITH THIS STUFF!!!
ShennaNanette
ShennaNanette

http://shennananette.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 5th July 2010, 11:54 pm

I love this condish too one of my issues with co washing is that I feel my scalp does feel that clean feel but a cowash with this my scalp feels tingly and clean and it has decent slip it's great !
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by tallncurly 7th July 2010, 4:00 am

Yes, yes, yes...I love this stuff! I've switched and tried several other conditioners but this is my favorite. It melts in my hair like butter and clumps my curls well. I just did a twist out using this as a leave-in with Knot Today, JBCO, and argan oil. OMG did my hair feel soft and the twists came out fluffy, well defined, and shiny! For $3-$4, I hope they never stop making this. My hair does well with anything that has marshmallow as an ingredient.
tallncurly
tallncurly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 7th July 2010, 2:03 pm

I love this stuff! I've been using it for deep treatments for a few years now
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 14th August 2010, 8:12 pm

Oh man....I'm getting some today!!! Yay..don't know what to do with myself!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 17th August 2010, 1:37 am

I'm back in California for a bit, and remembered this review when I was looking for a co-wash conditioner. I agree that it's great - it's cheap ($3.99 for 16 oz.), has a decent list of natural ingredients (some organic, peppermint and tea tree), and is lightweight, but feels like it cleans and moisturizes my scalp. Good stuff! I don't, however, feel like it would be moisturizing enough to replace my regular conditioner.
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 17th August 2010, 4:20 pm

I just purchased this today on my way home from work earlier. I made it my main mission to drive the opposite way home to go to the store. I will be co-washing my hair tonight to see what it does for me. I will be back to give my official report - lol!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 17th August 2010, 4:28 pm

I just purchased this today on my way home from work earlier. I made it my main mission to drive the opposite way home to go to the store. I will be co-washing my hair tonight to see what it does for me. I will be back to give my official report - lol!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 17th August 2010, 5:40 pm

So I ended up only buying the shampoo and a sample of Giovanni's tea tree triple treat b/c I didn't want to have to tea tree conditioners.

Has anyone used both trader joe's & giovanni? Which did you like better?
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 17th August 2010, 6:54 pm

i prefer trader joes because of the ingredients but the tingly sensation is too much sometimes mixed with the cold water i hate it lol but the trader joes tea tree tingle defines my curlssss like crazyyyy sometimes its too defined an i have to try to mess it up a bit i dont like when my curls are too uniform.
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by misstatum 18th August 2010, 1:16 pm

I've used both.....I bought the Giovanni in Target on a whim b/c they had the shampoo and conditioner for $8 around the holidays.....then one day while randomly parading the aisles @ Trader Joe's the tea tree set caught my eye.....I was dealing with alot of dry scalp and read that tea tree oil is great to help with that.....sooooo not only did I buy the shampoo and conditioner @ Trader Joes.....I got the tea tree oil too!!!

Needless to say....I like Trader Joe's better.....wish I knew before that $5/bottle could do better than a lot of the expensive stuff....
misstatum
misstatum

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 20th August 2010, 12:42 am

Thanks ladies!...sounds like Trader Joe's is the keeper!
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th August 2010, 1:35 pm

I love TJ's TTT! It has made the final cut for my regimen/staple products. At $3.99-its easy on the pockets too! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 20th August 2010, 2:54 pm

Yay! I just finished a container of curl junkie so I was looking for something new. Also, Sauve and HEHH are no bueno in my hair. Looks like I'll be going to Trader Joe's this weekend.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down