CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jane Carter Reviews

+38
shortnsweet
natural83
Emartini04
CarlaAR
butterfly3000
Neems
dyamonds10
naturallytexan
BronzeBeauty
KnottyKinkyMommy
nattyblog
erika
FloridaSunshiny
luvaffairwithbighair
raina
Syrah
DreamMerchant
DvaAuNaturel
Free2Be
FemmeFox
Patycurls
Miki
brownsugar09
ElleX
savvybrown
pandzz
quincie1479
_kiner_
so1913
simara0507
Moni
msqueenie
RoseNaturalBeauty
CurlySpeechTherapist
Intelligentbeauty
Curly Film Chick
*CurlyNikki*
42 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jane Carter Reviews - Page 3 Empty Re: Jane Carter Reviews

Post by mahoganytresses 16th March 2011, 3:42 am

I've only been natural for 2 weeks now, and two strand twists/twistouts have been my style of choice. The Nourish and Shine has been the only product that has given my the definition, shine and softness that I love. I was using Ohm Sweet Hair Pudding (I still love this product!) but it did not provide any shine and made my hair "look" dull while at the same time feeling super moist and it also gave good definition. The Nourish and Shine is very expensive, but a little goes a very long way with this product. It says that it can be used on the body too, but I wouldn't want to use it up! Amazon sells the product significantly cheaper. I think I saw it for like 13 dollars there. Some don't like the smell, but to me it smells great... kinda citrus-like (it does have grapefruit extract).
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by greta 20th March 2011, 11:19 pm

I ordered and received the Hair Care Survival Kit and I also ordered the Scalp Nourishing Serum. I received the following in the Hair Care Survival Kit:

Moisture Nourishing Shampoo
Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner
Condition and Sculpt
Wrap and Roll
Nourish and Shine

I liked the shampoo but I am concerned that it contains a sulfate. I would like to try the sulfate free shampoo when I done with my Organix Shea Butter Shampoo. I really like the Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner. The directions indicate that you should use it as a deep conditioner which is what I've been doing since I can't find my regular from Garnier in either CVS, Safeway or Walgreens! I bought an 8oz bottle from Whole Foods a few days ago. I guess this is what I'll be using from now on. I love love love Condition and Sculpt! It gives my hair hold without feeling too crunchy or stiff AND if I do the right things, I can get second day hair. Already ordered and received an 8oz bottle from the on line store since Whole Foods doesn't carry it. (At least not my local Whole Foods.) Really like the Scalp Nourishing Serum but won't buy again. (1oz bottle for $14 and you're suppose to use it everyday. Would rather just use coconut oil and jojoba oil.) I liked the Nourish and Shine but not sure if I would spend $22 on it. It smells really good but doesn't do too much for me. Same issue with the Wrap and Roll. I liked it but I'm on the fence about repurchasing. Lastly, I hate the Leave In conditioner. It did not moisturize my curls but made them feel dry and it irritated the hell out of my scalp. My hair just does not like watery leave in conditioners. I had the same issue with the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In Conditioner.

Those are my two cents.

greta

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th March 2011, 11:41 pm

Thanks for your comments. I have been wondering about the Condition & Sculpt and am leaning a bit more toward buying it. I have both the Nourish and Shine and the Wrap & Roll. I know the price for the N&S seems pricey, but please believe me, it seems to last forever. I bought mine in August (7 months ago) and still have plenty. If you look at it that way, $3.00 /mo. and still counting, it is easier to justify the price, if you like the product. I can say the same about the Wrap & Roll, I have barely put a dent in it as I only use it for curlformer and flexirod sets. Great products with great ingredients.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezebel 28th March 2011, 2:31 pm

Wow, I just bought some of these products yesterday and here I come across this post. I bought the Nutrient Replenishing conditioner which I have not used yet so I can not give a review on it. I also bought the Nourish & Shine and let me tell you I love it. It smells sooooo good and it left my hair feeling soft. When I first put my finger in the product, it was super hard so I only put a little in my hair and I was good. A little really does go a long way with this product.
Jezebel
Jezebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3