CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Needs MULTIPLE Big Sistas :-)

+4
traveljunkie08
NylaCoils
Sunshinecurls
naijabelle
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newbie Needs MULTIPLE Big Sistas :-) - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie Needs MULTIPLE Big Sistas :-)

Post by traveljunkie08 17th December 2009, 4:46 pm

naijahbelle wrote:@traveljunkie- your routine looks really good & very well thought out! One day, ill get there lol! I have a few questions though.

I am FINALLY settling into this routine after 2.5 months. Now I'm just tweaking things here and there. It definitely takes some patience. There will be times when you get really frustrated, but it's worth it to stick with it.

Now, on to your questions:
1. do u do it just once a week or do you go longer before starting all over again?:
I only DC once a week, but I co-wash 2-3 times a week. When I don't DC, I pre-poo with oil.

2. how do u sleep with the pre-poo treatment without getting oil all over ur pillow? I have transparent disposable caps that I’ve used in the past, but they always come off during the night.
I put on a plastic shower cap and put on an elastic headband with it to keep it in place. I then put in one of those turbie twist things and put my bonnet over that. I'm keeping heat in my head that way and making sure nothing gets on my bedding.

3. how come u wrap ur hair in a towel after applying KBB hair milk?
I've found that styling my hair damp works best for me. So I wrap it in a towel to soak up some of the water.

4. what is the KBB hair butter for/what does it do? Seal?
I use it to re-moisturize my hair in between co-washes. I use it because it's butter based. If I were to use something water-based like the hair milk, it causes my hair to frizz and shrink. So I only use water-based moisturizers when my hair is wet (see below for an exception to this).

5. what kind of oils do u use? EVOO for everything?
Right now I'm alternating between KBB Hair Oil (a sample size) and AfroVeda's Sunsilk hair oil. Once they're both gone, I'll go back to EVOO. I do use EVOO as a moisture boost to my DCs.

6. in the morning, do u add more oil after taking the twists out again? or do u just leave it as is & go about ur day?
I add less than a dime-sized amount to my twists whenever I take them out. This is mainly for shine and to help reduce frizz.

7. when do u end up using ur EVOO/h20 spritz?
I use it to revive the curls when I do a wash n go or puff.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Newbie Needs MULTIPLE Big Sistas :-) - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie Needs MULTIPLE Big Sistas :-)

Post by naijabelle 18th December 2009, 2:29 pm

@traveljunkie- wow!! there's so much information!!!!! lol
thanks for being patient & answering all my meddling questions! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ill try & incorporate some of these into my routine & let u know what i find... at the moment, my hair just doesn't feel as soft as i'd like it to be and i think that's b/c im missing a butter moisturizer. im still waiting till Qhemet opens up shop again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naijabelle
naijabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 18th December 2009, 2:34 pm

No problem! Keep the questions coming. I don't mind answering them, and it's actually helping me too. My routine may not work for you, but it won't help for you to get some ideas from what I do and tweak it to fit your needs.

Qhemet's products aren't butter based. Most of the creams are oil based, but they are still good, very good actually. What do you want to get from Qhemet???
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by naijabelle 18th December 2009, 2:37 pm

oh really?! i thought the AOHC was butter-like, but i guess since it has the word "cream" in there, maybe not lol. what are prods that are butter based?
naijabelle
naijabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 18th December 2009, 2:44 pm

Yeah, the first two ingredients are castor oil and olive oil. It actually doesn't have any kind of butter in it. But it is very thick and rich. Good stuff.

KBB's hair cream and hair butter are butter based. The hair butter has a bunch of different butters in it.

AfroVeda is another one. I tried the Shea Amla, and it was okay. They have other ones that a lot of people really seem to like. She has a sampler pack of butters where you can try 2oz samples before committing to a full size.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by naijabelle 18th December 2009, 2:47 pm

hmm so whats the diff b/w cream and butter? when do u use either one?
naijabelle
naijabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 18th December 2009, 2:59 pm

I think companies just use the word "cream" to refer to the consistency.

Personally, I only use anything with butter as the first ingredient on dry hair. Occasionally (but rarely), I use butter on damp hair on my ends only.

I use anything with oil as the first (or only) ingredient on damp hair. I also use light oils on dry hair for shine.

It could be a lot simpler for you though. Smile You'll just have to see what your hair likes.

I think a good place for you to start is with the Qhemet. I'd suggest you go ahead and get the Olive & Amla Heavy Cream (full size) and a few samples of other things that look interesting to you. I believe the store will re-open at the end of the month.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 18th December 2009, 3:07 pm

Just so you can see it, here's the consistency of the AOHC from Qhemet:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see, it's really thick. It takes a very small amount since it's so thick and concentrated.

Last edited by traveljunkie08 on 18th December 2009, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i can't spell today.)
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by naijabelle 18th December 2009, 4:08 pm

nice!! thanks so much traveljunkie!! ur so great![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naijabelle
naijabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 24th December 2009, 2:40 am

@Traveljunkie will you be my big sis too! I feel just like Naijabelle. I'm so glad you made this post because it really helps. I'm a person that likes to have steps and things broken down. This is by far one of the most specific posts I have read. You guys are great!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 24th December 2009, 3:10 pm

MissLeggz wrote:@Traveljunkie will you be my big sis too! I feel just like Naijabelle. I'm so glad you made this post because it really helps. I'm a person that likes to have steps and things broken down. This is by far one of the most specific posts I have read. You guys are great!

Of course!!! It'd be my pleasure. I just recently started a butters n bars thread too so you can ask questions here or there or PM me. Very Happy
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by naijabelle 24th December 2009, 7:22 pm

i kno@MissLeggz! isnt she great!?
naijabelle
naijabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th December 2009, 1:48 am

Yep! She is!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Newbie Needs MULTIPLE Big Sistas :-) - Page 2 Empty Newbie needs multiple big sisters

Post by natural newbie 25th December 2009, 2:11 am

Hi. This is my first time posting so I hope it works lol. I also am new to the natural world but here are a few things that have worked for me. First I also use the Giovanni products but I ALWAYS style with Herbal Essence conditioner. I use either Hello Hydration or Hydralicious because dryness was a serious issue for me too. Next I use Ion Curl solutions which is a curl defining styling creme. I got it from Sally's. Now if I am going to do a wash and go I use a gel. The gel that I like is the IC hair polisher styling gel with the sparkle lites. If I don't do a wash and go then I attempt to do the Curly Nikki Twist and Curl. When doing the twist and curl I seal with the evoo with nice results. I hope this help and keep experimenting . One day it will come together it took awhile for me too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Also a travel size spray bottle with water and conditioner may help you out when you need to refresh your hair.
natural newbie
natural newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by naijabelle 25th December 2009, 2:27 pm

thanks a lot natural newbie!! i love hearing abt different routines! im still in the process of finding out what works for me, so thanks for sharing! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naijabelle
naijabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 25th December 2009, 10:52 pm

naijabelle wrote:i kno@MissLeggz! isnt she great!?
MissLeggz wrote:Yep! She is!

Aww thanks ladies! Merry Christmas! santa
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2