CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthy Lightened Hair

3 posters

Go down

Healthy Lightened Hair Empty Healthy Lightened Hair

Post by JORIE 11th December 2009, 7:16 pm

Hello there ladies. I need help. I have been using henna and I like it. The problem is, I do not like the color. I prefer a lighter color like light brown. I am 100% natural and my hair is healthy now and I am scared to dye my hair. I know I need a peroxide dye to lighten. But peroxide is so damaging. Does anyone out there have healthy lightened hair? Can you recommend a product? Maybe semi-permanent? I also have gray hair (about 15% which are copper red now) and would need to to touch-ups at least every few months. Thanks curlies.
JORIE
JORIE

Back to top Go down

Healthy Lightened Hair Empty Re: Healthy Lightened Hair

Post by NylaCoils 12th December 2009, 12:18 am

On a pack of henna that I bought- the instructions had several things that you could mix to get different color. One of the colors is an auburn color. In order to achieve this color, it states that you can mix henna with beet juice. I am going to try that in 2 weeks.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 12th December 2009, 12:40 am

From what I have read and been told there isn't much you can do about lightening it because it will just drive the henna deeper into the hair shaft, making the red more apparent than before.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by JORIE 12th December 2009, 10:15 pm

Thanks ladies. I think I am going to try to put a lot of lemon juice to see if maybe it will be a bit lighter. Will have to experiment I guess.
JORIE
JORIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down