CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Henna make anyone nauseous?

+2
nattynattie
sweetface1118
6 posters

Go down

Does Henna make anyone nauseous? Empty Does Henna make anyone nauseous?

Post by sweetface1118 20th March 2011, 4:26 pm

I have been doing henna treatments (the curlynikki method) for a few months now and noticed that every time I do it, I feel nauseous. Yes it smells horrible, but the benefits are great!!! But is it worth it every month or so to go through this? Shocked I don't think it's an allergic reaction...but can anyone tell me if they have had the same thing happen to them?
sweetface1118
sweetface1118

http://public.fotki.com/wildjjjs/my-hair-journey/bc-immediately-

Back to top Go down

Does Henna make anyone nauseous? Empty Re: Does Henna make anyone nauseous?

Post by nattynattie 20th March 2011, 7:49 pm

Hmmmmmm. I've never had that happen, and I have a weak stomach for a lot of things, lol. Is it the smell that's getting to you? Try adding some spices to your mix, like cinnamon and nutmeg. My henna almost smells like cake batter when I'm done with it Very Happy
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 22nd March 2011, 12:56 am

Hey Sweet,

Every once in a while I do feel nauseous and I henna monthly. I think it's the smell. Therefore, I apply my henna right before I go to bed and sleep with it in. When I wake up, I rinse it out and co wash to get rid of the smell.

MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd March 2011, 10:17 pm

Me. I have terrible allergies. I have noticed that anything that smells like grass upsets my allergies. I increase my water uptake that day. I up my allergy meds for a couple of days before my henna and use rose water to help with the smell and reduce the nausea feeling, but so far, to no avail. I always add rosewater, but still searching. So, I am going to try taking something and lying down and resting instead of doing housework and see if that helps. I too am receptive to other ideas.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetface1118 26th March 2011, 8:47 pm

@nattynattie, Girl I will try that. Someone also told me about adding ginger...

@melmelbee, I think I will try sleeping with it next time. I usually wake up early and leave it on for the day while cooking and cleaning..LOL

@naturallynola...I suffer from allergies too! LOL...I may have to leave henna alone for the spring/summer.

Thanks ladies! Very Happy
sweetface1118
sweetface1118

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 26th March 2011, 11:24 pm

Is it me or does henna smell like canned asparagus??!! LOL I applied my 1st henna treatment lastnight & I kept thinking: what does this smell like? Canned asparagus I tell ya! I don't have any odd feelings (headaches, nausea, green urine) to report just yet, but I'll certainly be on the look out.

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetface1118 27th March 2011, 5:31 pm

NeeC1 wrote:Is it me or does henna smell like canned asparagus??!! LOL I applied my 1st henna treatment lastnight & I kept thinking: what does this smell like? Canned asparagus I tell ya! I don't have any odd feelings (headaches, nausea, green urine) to report just yet, but I'll certainly be on the look out.

~NeeC1

LOL at canned asparagus....But wait really green urine?? Whooooaaaa.....That's a new one to me. No
sweetface1118
sweetface1118

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 27th March 2011, 5:39 pm

Yea, green urine can happen. Happened to me the first time I applied. I left it on 5 hours. Hasn't happened since though. I haven't left it on that long since either.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 27th March 2011, 7:14 pm

@sweetface - C'mon, it smells like canned asparagus, right? (LOL) Not fresh or grilled, but canned!! Maybe it's just me ... Embarassed Surprised

But, yeah, I'd heard all kinds of things about symptoms of henna - I haven't experienced any of it, but if I do I won't necessarily rush 2 the ER! (LOL)

What I am experiencing is the following since henna'ing Friday nite - I washed it out @ about 0900 Saturday (it was on my hair about 10hrs): very dry hair (I'll probably have 2 DC a few more timesl), looser curls - even some straight looking areas (hmmm), and a hint of color (which I like, but would like more of).

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by maryelliot 28th March 2011, 4:04 am

I too feel nauseous smell while using the Henna.But,It has so many benefits.

beanbags

maryelliot

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 28th March 2011, 8:45 pm

NeeC, I add amla to my henna b/c my curls are prone to loosening. You can add 3 - 4T per 100gr. henna. I have discovered that is a conservative recipe. You can actually add up to a 50:50 mix. Of course, the more amla, the more toned down the henna.. So, you have to find a happy medium. I use a strong homemade hibuscus tea to make sure my color is still lending itself towards the burgundy spectrum.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down