CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controlling the Frizz

2 posters

Go down

Controlling the Frizz Empty Controlling the Frizz

Post by quake_19 30th October 2009, 3:11 pm

I've been natural for close to 3 years, and the only style that I'm able to do sucessfully is a wash and go. Last month I began trying new styles to cut down on washing (or wetting) my hair daily, however, I've been unsuccessful. I've tried the flat twist outs, braid outs, curly afro, and the infamous TNC. I whip my own mixture of shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel. Half of my head comes out nice, but the other half looks so darn frizzy. I got my hair cut (6 inches) thinking that was the issue, but unfortunately it's not. I've tried doing them both wet and dry. I have better results when they are wet, but I think I might not pull the twist out correctly or something. My hair is fine, so I feel like you can see my scalp and I look like a chicken. Now, the dry twists (or etc) turn out to be a huge frizz ball. I hope someone is able to assist me with getting these basic hairstyles down. I see so many curlies with these beautiful twist/braid outs, and I would like to widen my choices of hairdos.

Thanks!
quake_19
quake_19

http://public.fotki.com/curlycrecia/

Back to top Go down

Controlling the Frizz Empty Re: Controlling the Frizz

Post by satindoll 30th October 2009, 3:43 pm

To get rid of frizz you may need to up your moisture. What products are you using for your wet sets?

If this helps, my current regimen is flat twist outs. I do them on wet, freshly washed and conditioned hair. I use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration or Totally Twisted as a leave-in, and I also use elasta qp feels like silk styling gel. When my hair is dry I put shea butter on my hands and unravel the flat twists. I don't break up the strands because this will create frizz. I slightly pull at the roots to cover the parts. I usually do about 8 flat twists.

I do the same thing for my braid/twist outs and TNC as well. How many twists/braids are you putting in your hair? From my experience, the more twists you have in your hair, the less frizz you'll have when you take them out. Also make sure your hair is completely dry before taking them out.

This is just what I've experienced when doing my hair. HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
satindoll
satindoll

http://public.fotki.com/buttaflyy23

Back to top Go down

Post by quake_19 30th October 2009, 3:49 pm

Thanks for responding to my post. Honestly, I just bought some Totally Twisted, but I've been washing my hair in it. I didn't know it could be used as a leave in. I'll try that tomorrow night, and will let you know how it goes.

This is really sad, but I have some flat twists along with regular twist. I'm so style deprived. I was the type of person that went to the salon weekly, so having to really work with my hair is a true test of patience and faith for me. I have been pulling apart the twists because otherwise I look like a chicken with hair just sticking up everywhere. I'm going to try again. Thanks so much!
quake_19
quake_19

http://public.fotki.com/curlycrecia/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down