CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help to minimize my frizz....

+2
brittany_smiley
Mimi
6 posters

Go down

Help to minimize my frizz.... Empty Help to minimize my frizz....

Post by Mimi 11th November 2009, 9:07 am

I'm like fluffy... My hair starts after styling and diffusing in a nice curly look... But with the minute my hair starts to grow my curls loosing definition and gets BIG... No matter what I use... I tried a couple of products... Mixed Chicks and Miss Jessies. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Last monday I tried the shingling method with shea butter, it looked oke for 2 days. But my hair felt dirty! Not a good idea maybe.

When I see pictures here I really LOVE the curly heads and differnt styles! And really I don't see any frizz! And envy that, NO FRIZZ!
I already tried a couple of forums, but no help... Do you have any tips for me? I'm so desperate that I'm almost on the point to get back with my flat iron and blow dryer...

A nother fact... I got diffrent hair types... I know it's weird [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Mimi on 11th November 2009, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Help to minimize my frizz.... Empty Re: Help to minimize my frizz....

Post by brittany_smiley 11th November 2009, 9:32 am

mine is kinda like that and the 1 thing that works is the aussie scalping gel (get curling results)called instant freeze and its another one by them that works grrreat. i forgot the name. ill have to see when i get home.......................hope it helps
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 11th November 2009, 9:55 am

Mimi, you and your hair are gorgeous [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Frizz comes with the territory, but it sounds like yours is out of hand, and driving you bonkers.

First, I'd try switching up the products. Frizz could be the result of build-up, and/or too little moisture. Is your hair feeling dry? I'm not the biggest fan of Miss Jessies, and I"ve heard some less than stellar reviews of Mixed Chicks. If you're down, check out my products list (on the blog, under the tab My Routine), and try some stuff off from there. Nothing on that list should build up on you, and every last one of those products should help with moisture.

So, here's what I'd do if I were you:

-detangle/co-wash with a moisturizing cheapie (trader joe tea tree, herbal essence totally twisted)

-rinse it all out and apply a leave-in (Garnier Triple Moisture, DevaCare One C)

-If you apply the above in the shower, and run your hair back under the shower head for a minute, you can simply get out, and let it air dry WITHOUT touching it until dry. Touching your wet hair will end up in a frizzy mess.

-If you want to style in twists, get out of the shower, and twist it up!

-For extra hold check out DevaCurl Set it Free.

I hope this helps! Bottom line, try some new products to prevent build-up and dry hair, don't touch your wet, styled hair until it's competely dry, and make sure the leave-in is thoroughly applied.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 11th November 2009, 10:01 am

brittany_pooh wrote:mine is kinda like that and the 1 thing that works is the aussie scalping gel (get curling results)called instant freeze and its another one by them that works grrreat. i forgot the name. ill have to see when i get home.......................hope it helps

I'm going to look if I can buy those products here! Thank you! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 11th November 2009, 10:07 am

*CurlyNikki* wrote:Mimi, you and your hair are gorgeous [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Frizz comes with the territory, but it sounds like yours is out of hand, and driving you bonkers.

First, I'd try switching up the products. Frizz could be the result of build-up, and/or too little moisture. Is your hair feeling dry? I'm not the biggest fan of Miss Jessies, and I"ve heard some less than stellar reviews of Mixed Chicks. If you're down, check out my products list (on the blog, under the tab My Routine), and try some stuff off from there. Nothing on that list should build up on you, and every last one of those products should help with moisture.

So, here's what I'd do if I were you:

-detangle/co-wash with a moisturizing cheapie (trader joe tea tree, herbal essence totally twisted)

-rinse it all out and apply a leave-in (Garnier Triple Moisture, DevaCare One C)

-If you apply the above in the shower, and run your hair back under the shower head for a minute, you can simply get out, and let it air dry WITHOUT touching it until dry. Touching your wet hair will end up in a frizzy mess.

-If you want to style in twists, get out of the shower, and twist it up!

-For extra hold check out DevaCurl Set it Free.

I hope this helps! Bottom line, try some new products to prevent build-up and dry hair, don't touch your wet, styled hair until it's competely dry, and make sure the leave-in is thoroughly applied.

I'm going to seach for these products. It's really hard to get thos product. I spend the last 2/3 weeks so much money the find the perfect products. I spend 100 USD (70 euro) to Mixed chicks.... And nothing, I liked the deep conditioner. And a nother 100 USD to the Miss Jessies products. Expensive and no results for me, waisting my money!

If my hair is dry, it feels really dry. It's like my hair drinks the products I put in! Really weird...

Thank you for your help!

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 11th November 2009, 10:38 am

I wish you would've found this site before you spent your money on those expensive products Sad

The only essential things are:

Herbal Essence Totally Twisted
Garnier Fructis Triple Moisture or Sleek and Shine
Unrefined, pure shea butter

That shouldn't cost more than 20 US dollars.

You would use the HE to detangle (you could leave it in too), Garnier Fructis to style/leave-in, and pure shea on your dry ends. The shea replaces the Set it Free, which acts a sealer and provides light hold.

In the future, try to get a hold to some Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment. She ships internationally and this is by far one of the best DTs out there...I think it's 15 dollars?

Keep us posted!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae 11th November 2009, 6:32 pm

I have a similar problem, but when I leave the Garnier Fructis in my hair and it starts itching I get a weird build-up. Then my hair is really dry I don't know what to do and its really annoying. What should I use and do?

Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 12th November 2009, 12:23 am

Mimi you can always do a swap on this board for maybe other products that might work better for you.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 12th November 2009, 5:00 am

crvng4mr wrote:Mimi you can always do a swap on this board for maybe other products that might work better for you.

If I could but I'm from the Netherlands... Shipment cost are most of the times expensiver than the products...

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Help to minimize my frizz.... Empty Help with Frizz

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th November 2009, 11:28 am

It sounds like you need moisture. A good conditioner with emollients will help. If the conditioner doesn't have them, you can add them. Some emollients are wheat germ oil, castor oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, safflower oil, sesame seed oil, sweet almond oil, sunflower and walnut oil. Try using a small bit of these to your hair when deep conditioning and/or with your leave-in. If your hair is fine, I'd suggest doing it in a small section before applying it to your entire head to avoid your hair being weighed down.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down