CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Question????

4 posters

Go down

Henna Question???? Empty Henna Question????

Post by laleepop14 14th March 2011, 10:44 am

Okay so I mixed up my henna on Thursday because I planned on henna'ing on Friday overnight. That did not happen and it didnt happen Saturday either. So my question is how long can I let the henna sit? It is covered, it is in a nice warm( not too hot place) and I plan on using it today once I get home from work.

Should that still be okay to use? I just saw CurlyNikki's post on an abbreviated session and am going to totally try that because I dont have time to do it overnight this week and with a full time job, being a full time student and full time mom its hard to do overnight. I am feening for my henna treatment. It will probably be a very long night but thats okay I can sleep when Im dead...

What do yall think??
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Henna Question???? Empty Re: Henna Question????

Post by slimwithabs 17th March 2011, 12:13 pm

When my Henna Lady do my hair using Natural Henna ONLY she suggest to leave on for 6-7hrs. She said you can also leave in overnight if you like. The longer U leave it on the Stronger the results. WHEN USING INDIGO leave on for ONLY 35-40 minutes.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 17th March 2011, 12:48 pm

Thanks!!! But I meant how long can I leave it sit like on a counter before I use it or have to freeze it??...I guess it doesnt matter because its been out since last Thursday and Im gonna use it anyway tomorrow night..LOL

Thanks for responding
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 17th March 2011, 12:55 pm

Oh, I dont know. I Hope it comes out well.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 17th March 2011, 1:02 pm

Yes me too!!! Im gonna test it first on a strand of hair and hope for the best. I'll update it when I do the treatment
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 17th March 2011, 1:35 pm

You need to freeze it. Check it to make sure the dye is still viable, but it should be alright. I wouldn't leave it out too long though.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 17th March 2011, 1:41 pm

Yes I plan on doing a test on a few strands of hair and am going to use it tomorrow. If I knew I was gonna wait almost a week I wouldve frozen it but everyday since mixing it I tell myself Im gonna do it today and obviously haven't.

Thank you for responding..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 17th March 2011, 6:31 pm

you can do a dye release test on the palm of your hand. just take a small amount, about the size of a pea, rub it into the palm of your hand and let it sit there for about 30 sec to 1 minute and then wipe it off. If you have a bright orange spot on your hand, the henna still has a good dye release; if no orange spot, then unfortunately you'll probably have to either toss it or use it for a henna gloss.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 21st March 2011, 1:09 pm

Thank you. I used it on Saturday and tested it before and it still had dye release so I used it. Kept it in until Sunday and went on with my process. Willpost pitures after I style it. I just put in some chunky twists and put on my bonnet.

Thanks to the ealry morning Jersey snow we had on the first full day of Spring!!!

Thanks to everyone who responded...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down