CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staple hairstyle won't work anymore?

+3
BornAgainCurlz
Lynnieluve
mediaddict000
7 posters

Go down

Staple hairstyle won't work anymore? Empty Staple hairstyle won't work anymore?

Post by mediaddict000 11th March 2011, 3:26 pm

My staple hairstyle isn't working out anymore. I used to be able to do a twist out and count on fabulous results, but now, my hair won't hold the style anymore. My curl pattern randomly changed seemingly overnight from 4b/c to 4a with a little 3c in the center. Now my curls are super defined, but won't hold to a twist out or any other style. They just stretch out into ramen noodle strands instead of curling into the pretty waves they did before. Neutral Anyone else encounter this problem? Advice?

mediaddict000

Back to top Go down

Staple hairstyle won't work anymore? Empty Re: Staple hairstyle won't work anymore?

Post by Lynnieluve 11th March 2011, 9:31 pm

Have you straighten your hair recently? I've heard of curl patterns changing but not as much as you mention.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Staple hairstyle won't work anymore? Empty Re: Staple hairstyle won't work anymore?

Post by mediaddict000 11th March 2011, 11:28 pm

That's the crazy part! I haven't straightened my hair or changed products, so I have no idea what caused the change. No

mediaddict000

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 14th March 2011, 5:29 pm

weather?

i have a friend whose curls change drastically according to the weather. in the summer their 3c-4a and in the winter i dont even think you can call them curls anymore lol just plain ole straight!

im having similar problem too but it has to do more with length. the way i was styling it doesnt come out the same now that my hair is so much longer
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 15th March 2011, 11:45 am

Do you think you've overmoisturized your hair? Does it feel extremely soft and mushy? When you pull the strands do they bounce back or just stay stretched? Maybe you need to back off the moisture a little bit.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 15th March 2011, 3:37 pm

the same thing happened to me...i just do braid outs now which dont give me the same results but i know i can count on a good hair day
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by mediaddict000 15th March 2011, 6:21 pm

I don't think I'm overmoisturizing, but I'll keep that in mind on my next co-wash, and I don't think it's the weather because it has been pretty normal/hasn't had any big changes, but that's an interesting cause.

Good to know I'm not the only one who experienced this change. I haven't tried a braid out in a long time, so maybe I'll have to try that again. Thanks!

mediaddict000

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 16th March 2011, 1:23 pm

Have you ever used Henna? Some people have said that it has loosened their curl pattern.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 17th March 2011, 12:39 am

My hair is 4a/3c and I'm able to hold a twist out. What are you using on your hair when you set it? Is your hair completely dry when you take it down? That might make a difference.

Do you by chance have any before/after photos of your hair? I'm curious!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down