CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hand-in-Hair Sydrome

+2
yldthng
NeeC1
6 posters

Go down

Hand-in-Hair Sydrome Empty Hand-in-Hair Sydrome

Post by NeeC1 9th March 2011, 12:04 pm

So ... it's only been 5 days since my BC, but I've had my hands in my hair more in the past 5 days than I had in probably a year!! What is going on?! Shocked

So, the result of my HiHS is that my head is getting sore in spots (at least I think that's what's going on). I do find that I grab a curls and stretch them, then pat them back down into place, or my hand (usually my left) is just glued to my head. Sometimes I don't even realize it. Is this "natural"? Embarassed (LOL)

Driving home from work or just lounging around the house I have HiHS bad!!! What do I do?? What a Face

-Fin -
~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Hand-in-Hair Sydrome Empty Re: Hand-in-Hair Sydrome

Post by yldthng 9th March 2011, 12:48 pm

Yep - I'm going on three weeks since my BC, and my hands are still in my hair - I'm fascinated by my curls.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 9th March 2011, 1:24 pm

Okay yldthng -
So this will be an on-going thing then, huh? Very Happy Well ... it could be worse, I could be a 31 y/othumb-sucker. No offense to the 31 y/o thumb-suckers out there. Embarassed

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 9th March 2011, 5:09 pm

NeeC1, I was like that in the very beginning but now I find myself constantly taking pictures, or in the mirror looking at my curls. I don't think it will ever go away!!!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 9th March 2011, 5:13 pm

@Mahogany -
(LOL) Wow, so HIHS turns into Paparozzo! Very Happy I'm so glad to know this now. I didn't want to seem like I had a real "problem" ... Admiration is a much better word!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 9th March 2011, 5:26 pm

Luscious Mahogany wrote:NeeC1, I was like that in the very beginning but now I find myself constantly taking pictures, or in the mirror looking at my curls. I don't think it will ever go away!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]You sound like me. I can't tell you how many pics I take per day of my curls.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 9th March 2011, 5:56 pm

I must admit ... I do spend more time in the mirror. Embarassed You know the method, the two mirror joint. Where you stand with your back to the bathroom mirror, as you hold the handheld mirror. So ... now that's out. Razz

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th March 2011, 8:20 pm

I've been natural 19 months today and I still have HIH syndrome. When you get home, put your scarf on. That will cut down on it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 9th March 2011, 8:46 pm

It's been about 28 months since my BC and my hands are always in my hair. Smh I agree with Lynnieluve, putting a scarf or bonnet on will cut down on the HIH issue. Smile
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 9th March 2011, 11:37 pm

I totally agree with the sistas about putting the scarf or bonnet on when getting home I have to put the bonnet on when I get home!

@KeetaRay I love love Love Your hair!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 10th March 2011, 12:03 am

@Luscious Mahogany Thank you! Smile
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 10th March 2011, 3:11 am

I have HIH syndrome and the paparazzi isssue. I constnatly am touching my hair and/or taking pictures. the picture taking is starting to get a little embarassing lol
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 10th March 2011, 10:47 am

@thetiffany -
Wow! Yes, you do have a paparazzi issues! (LOL) I LOVE your album though - your hair is KILLIN' it! Happy picture-taking! Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 10th March 2011, 11:43 am

NeeC1 wrote:@thetiffany -
Wow! Yes, you do have a paparazzi issues! (LOL) I LOVE your album though - your hair is KILLIN' it! Happy picture-taking! Very Happy

~NeeC1

lol thanks! I do have paparazzi issues, I actually broke my hair albums down, i have a twist, twistout, and regular hair album..... im shaking my head in shame lol
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 10th March 2011, 12:25 pm

@thetiffany -
Now, if you were looking like a chickenhead, that may be something to be shamed about, but you don't! Very Happy In fact, all of you with Fotkis, albums, and the like are serving a greater purpose than you know. Since I'm SO new I love going to your pages and looking at the progress you've made ... I'm starting to get ideas of how I'd like my hair to look once I get some length. Your creativity is out of the world and I love it! So, keep snapping those pictures and posting them ... your "issue" is someone else's "inspiration". Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 10th March 2011, 5:19 pm

NeeC1 wrote:@thetiffany -
Now, if you were looking like a chickenhead, that may be something to be shamed about, but you don't! Very Happy In fact, all of you with Fotkis, albums, and the like are serving a greater purpose than you know. Since I'm SO new I love going to your pages and looking at the progress you've made ... I'm starting to get ideas of how I'd like my hair to look once I get some length. Your creativity is out of the world and I love it! So, keep snapping those pictures and posting them ... your "issue" is someone else's "inspiration". Very Happy

~NeeC1

awww thank you! Smile
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down