CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I got this here Castor Oil . . .

+20
Umph
Jo Somebody
dajewel
FemmeNaturel
naturalesque
butterfly3000
sydnisd183
.:Eden:.
aliyakeys
PaganWifey
BrownSkinDiva
FalconTress
MissyCee
CarlaAR
tiashaunteƩ
Duchess52
Ambitious_Tiff
Fleur
krazy coils
yldthng
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So I got this here Castor Oil . . .  - Page 2 Empty Could applying Castor Oil directly to your scalp cause breakage?

Post by FemmeNaturel 21st March 2011, 6:35 pm

I have been using the Home Health Castor Oil on my scalp for a little over a month now. I use it once a week on my wash days. When I part my hair, I have noticed pieces of short hairs sticking out from my roots. I looks like breakage but it does not feel like breakage. It feels like thick short pieces of new growth. Has anyone experienced this?
FemmeNaturel
FemmeNaturel

Back to top Go down

So I got this here Castor Oil . . .  - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got this here Castor Oil . . .

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st March 2011, 6:50 pm

Yes. Its new growth!! No need to panic. Very Happy
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

So I got this here Castor Oil . . .  - Page 2 Empty Re: So I got this here Castor Oil . . .

Post by dajewel 21st March 2011, 7:18 pm

i use it to pre-poo, oil rinse and/or seal. i like to use it in combo with moringa oil as a pre-poo or oil rinse.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 21st March 2011, 7:19 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Yes. Its new growth!! No need to panic. Very Happy

ditto.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeNaturel 22nd March 2011, 11:57 pm

@Ambitious_Tiff Thanks... I am so glad to hear that someone else other than myself has experienced this. I am just happy that it is just new growth.
FemmeNaturel
FemmeNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 23rd March 2011, 6:36 pm

I'm using it right now! Kimmaytube leave in to do my braids! Surprised Also, use it to seal my ends.
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 23rd March 2011, 8:02 pm

I understand 'cold pressed' is the best type castor oil to use; anyone use anything other than cold pressed?
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 23rd March 2011, 8:55 pm

Well, I wouldn't focus all the attn on "cold pressed." That just means the processing was done under rigid temperature standard, which varies from company to company in terms of the exact temperature. So far, most of the castor oil I see is "cold pressed." Personally, I like to see that it is also free of hexane and solvents and I tend to prefer organic also, but this castor oil I have now is the Heritage version that is not the organic one.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 23rd March 2011, 9:40 pm

I just got some this past weekend to try the kimmaytube leave-in...but today I used it so seal my ends after a co wash and I love it!!!!!
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 24th March 2011, 3:10 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Yes. Its new growth!! No need to panic. Very Happy

Good to know. I've been noticing this too, and wishful thinking said "it's just new growth, girl!" Phew thankfully that's been confirmed!
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Brwnsugar24 24th March 2011, 3:29 pm

PaganWifey wrote:I put it on my scalp because it's really dry. It generally works it's way down my hair shaft. I want to try whipping it with a blender to see if that will get even thicker (like a grease or a paste) so it's easier to apply to my scalp.

I use it in my Shea butter mix and it works well blended
Brwnsugar24
Brwnsugar24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2