CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I NEED A NATURAL BIG SIS ASAP 4B HAIR HELPPPPPPPPPP

2 posters

Go down

I NEED A NATURAL BIG SIS ASAP 4B HAIR HELPPPPPPPPPP Empty I NEED A NATURAL BIG SIS ASAP 4B HAIR HELPPPPPPPPPP

Post by NaturallyLovinIt 26th February 2011, 1:51 pm

Hey Ladies I am very new to this natural and need help....someone help =)
NaturallyLovinIt
NaturallyLovinIt

Back to top Go down

I NEED A NATURAL BIG SIS ASAP 4B HAIR HELPPPPPPPPPP Empty Re: I NEED A NATURAL BIG SIS ASAP 4B HAIR HELPPPPPPPPPP

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2011, 2:58 pm

Hey MissNN!!

What do you need help with?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

I NEED A NATURAL BIG SIS ASAP 4B HAIR HELPPPPPPPPPP Empty Re: I NEED A NATURAL BIG SIS ASAP 4B HAIR HELPPPPPPPPPP

Post by NaturallyLovinIt 26th February 2011, 3:03 pm

this week has been the first time ive been practicing a regimen because I big chopped in november and had braids up since 2 days ago (not the same braids 2 different times) lol but 2 days ago I took my braids out and DC with olive oil, honey and this nourishing coconut milk conditioner by organiX. for the past 2 days all i have been doing is co washing and going...the back of my hair is longer than the front but it all shrinks into the lil fro you see in my avatar. at night I just sleep with my silk bonnet on and when i wake its dry city. So i feel that I have to co wash to get a decent look. after i co wash ive been using olive oil and this eco olive oil styling gel drying to define my curls....thats pretty much it. oh and ive been getting these lil knot balls on the end of my hair =( im a 4b in the back and the front seems like a 4a..
NaturallyLovinIt
NaturallyLovinIt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2011, 3:27 pm

After you co wash, I suggest you apply a leave in conditioner, then your oil then the gel.

The knots you are getting on the ends are called single strand knots/SSK. That just comes with being natural however you can limit them by wear your hair in protective styles. I tend to get more knots when I wear my hair "out" a lot.

Also if you want to try your hand at styling, you hair looks like it is long enough to do finger coils. Search on Youtube for a tutorial on how to do them.

May sure you deep condition every week.

Here are a few things you should know:

oil does not equal moisture No moisture comes from water or water based products. That's why I suggested you use a leave in conditioner. How do you know if products are water based? The first ingredient in the product is water.

Oil is used to seal in the moisture. That's why I suggested you use the oil after you apply the leave in conditioner.

If you have any more questions please let me know. Here is an article you should check out.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovinIt 26th February 2011, 3:31 pm

what are some good leave in conditioners? and i deff didnt know about the moisture thing now that I do im gonna pay close attention. Thanks bunches =)
NaturallyLovinIt
NaturallyLovinIt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2011, 3:35 pm

My two favorites are Giovanni Direct Leave in and Kinky Curly Knot today. You can find both of them at Target.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovinIt 26th February 2011, 3:42 pm

ok great!!! thanks again! and I just watched a tutorial of the finger coils and i think that is something I can do =) lol as far as the uneveness of my hair would it be best and wait a year or two to get it cut even ? or is cutting it even necessary
NaturallyLovinIt
NaturallyLovinIt

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovinIt 26th February 2011, 3:51 pm

Also is there something special I should do at night. Now i just put my bonnet on and go to sleep
NaturallyLovinIt
NaturallyLovinIt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2011, 8:14 pm

MissNewlyNatural wrote:ok great!!! thanks again! and I just watched a tutorial of the finger coils and i think that is something I can do =) lol as far as the uneveness of my hair would it be best and wait a year or two to get it cut even ? or is cutting it even necessary

It depends on how uneven it is. As you know, hair doesn't grow even anyway. Now if it's looking like a shag Laughing then you may want to get a trim now.

MissNewlyNatural wrote:Also is there something special I should do at night. Now i just put my bonnet on and go to sleep

Since you are experiencing dryness, at night you can do the "baggy method" That's when you apply conditioner and oil to your hair, then put on a shower cap, tie it down with a scarf (so it wont make too much noise) and wear it overnight. Since you are cowashing everyday, you can just rinse it out in the morning, then style it as usual. This will help with the dryness.

Once you get the dryness under control, then you can start back wearing a scarf/bonnet to bed. Because I wear my hair in two strand twist most of the time, I moisturize at night when needed, put on my scarf and go to sleep. You can check out my fotki in my signature to see pics of my hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down