CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to clarify my hair and deep condition asap!

+9
HAMPTONSFNST
p_nuttie43
Poundcake921
Janique
sweetdrk1
PaganWifey
R2D2
ChrsLvsBks
Blackdoll83
13 posters

Go down

I want to clarify my hair and deep condition asap! Empty I want to clarify my hair and deep condition asap!

Post by Blackdoll83 4th March 2010, 9:25 pm

So after a month of just washing my hair with conditioner-HEHH- deep conditioning with AO white camila with evoo- and using giovanni direct leave in and evco and evoo to moisture- i feel like i need to clarify my hair- I want to use baking soda and apple cider vinager to clarify and i also want to do a deep condition. I am not sure if i should do a pre poo with oils before the clarifying, then regular condition, or if i should deep condition -( with AO white camilla and evoo )my hair after the clarifying- i am so confused. I just want my hair to be soft and less frizzy and very moisturized and i thought maybe this claifying would help acheive this. Detailed suggestions ladies as to what to do first etc? thanks in advance!
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

I want to clarify my hair and deep condition asap! Empty Re: I want to clarify my hair and deep condition asap!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th March 2010, 10:51 pm

You can pre-poo first if you like but it is not necessary. When I clarify with baking soda, this is what I do.

Add a tablespoon of baking soda to 1/2 cup of conditioner. I stir them and apply to my scalp and massage it in. I rinse with warm water and repeat. I allow the mixture to flow from my scalp to my strands. I follow up the baking soda cleanse with an ACV rinse.

Since baking soda is a base, the ACV brings your hair's pH back to where it should be. For the ACV rinse, I use a tablespoon of ACV for every cup of cold water. I usually do two cups. I use cold water to seal my cuticles. I pour the ACV over my hair from front to back. I squeeze out the excess and DC.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

I want to clarify my hair and deep condition asap! Empty Re: I want to clarify my hair and deep condition asap!

Post by Blackdoll83 4th March 2010, 11:00 pm

thanks so much :-) - do u dc without rinsing out the apple cider vinagar ? or you rinse that acv out - then dc? and what do you use to dc?
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 4th March 2010, 11:25 pm

I don't wash with baking soda any more but when I did, I used to add 1 tablespoon powder to about 4 cups of water, mix in a spray bottle and then after wetting my hair in the shower, I would spray it directly onto my scalp, massage and then rinse out through the rest of my hair. It was very effective. Then after this I would apply the DC.

I only tried ACV once but didn't like it so I didn't try it again. It works well for a lot of people though so give it a go.

I don't think you need to pre-poo with baking soda but if you find that your hair is very dry afterwards then pre-poo would be a way of dealing with that. Listen to your hair and respond accordingly.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 5th March 2010, 12:47 am

I didn't clarify with baking soda but these ladies gave you great advice.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 5th March 2010, 2:48 am

Thx ladies :-)
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th March 2010, 10:19 am

Blackdoll83 wrote:thanks so much :-) - do u dc without rinsing out the apple cider vinagar ? Yes or you rinse that acv out - then dc? and what do you use to dc? I use a number of products. The ones I use frequently are Darcy Botanicals' (DB) deep conditioning mask and Karen's Body Beautiful's deep conditioner. I prefer DB's.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2010, 11:46 am

I keep reading abt this process, why would one do this?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 5th March 2010, 11:53 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:I keep reading abt this process, why would one do this?

Build up. Sometimes my moisturizer isn't working right and my hair just isn't working with anything at all. That means build up and that it's time to get to basics. It's helpful when you have hard water interacting with products.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 5th March 2010, 11:58 am

You would rinse at the ACV and then deep condition.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 5th March 2010, 12:11 pm

I recently clarified my hair last Saturday with VO5 clarifying Tea Tree Mint shampoo and loved the results!.....I pre-pooed with EVOO first for a couple of hours, shampooed, and then conditioned and rinsed with HH Hydraliscious cond....and then I followed up with my DC regimen (the products I used were ORS replenshing pak, Organics Tea Tree oil cond, one egg yolk, and JBCO; did this for like 4-5 hours).....my hair was soooo soft, curls popped all over the place, and healthy like nobody's biz....

I did try the ACV rinse once...it worked out ok I guess....there wasn't a significant diff in my hair but I don't have an issue with trying it again...
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2010, 12:52 pm

PaganWifey wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:I keep reading abt this process, why would one do this?

Build up. Sometimes my moisturizer isn't working right and my hair just isn't working with anything at all. That means build up and that it's time to get to basics. It's helpful when you have hard water interacting with products.
thank you!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 5th March 2010, 1:13 pm

i want to try the acv and the baking soda clarifying mix..... maybe one weekend when i have the time.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th March 2010, 2:34 pm

I use the baking soda to clarify my scalp once a month but you can purchase a clarifying shampoo if you like. I just add about a teaspoon to my conditioner and massage my scalp with it. I also do ACV rinses as a final rinse. This helps relieve a dry scalp.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 5th March 2010, 2:59 pm

So Im sitting here with a condition cap on - i just finished doing my first clarify - i kept the acv rinse in and i am deep conditioning with aubrey organics white camila with evoo and evco. I will let you ladies know how it turns out- thanks everypne for their input!
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th March 2010, 3:37 pm

I've recently stopped using shampoos and clarify with baking soda...I do mine how chrs mentioned above...but thanks for the extra tip on the acv rinse!! i Love the results blackdoll..it has really reduces the frizz and have enhanced my curls ...

Not using a towel to dry, and doing final rinses with cool water has greatly decreased the frizz as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Love ur avatar too!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 5th March 2010, 7:08 pm

@curlykinkyfierce- I luv your avatar as well! You def are fierce!

Last edited by Blackdoll83 on 6th March 2010, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 6th March 2010, 12:32 pm

***taking notes***
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 6th March 2010, 12:45 pm

ok- so up-date ladies!!
My hair turned out great!!!! Ive been 100% natural for a little over a month and it seriously has not been this soft um EVER. my hair is pretty much always soft when its wet right, but then, it drys and its just brittle and kinda hard and my oils just sit on top of my strands not really moisturizing it or penetrating my hair strands.

So anyway it was still very soft when dry, smoother, and MOISTURIZED- it actually retained moisture! and i went out yesterday- i live in ny and its cold over here- but when i got back to my place it felt just as it felt when i left. So this is def. going to be a part of my hair care regimen! Finally i found something ican say will be a staple for me. Thnx again ladies with all the tips [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

P.s- my mom is transitioning now and when i she felt my hair yesterday she was like ok you HAVE to tell me what you did to your hair bc i NEEd to do the same right now! Can people who are in transition do this process also?
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 6th March 2010, 1:11 pm

Yes...I do it and I'm transitioning...it works well for me
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th March 2010, 8:52 pm

Blackdoll83 wrote:ok- so up-date ladies!!
My hair turned out great!!!! Ive been 100% natural for a little over a month and it seriously has not been this soft um EVER.

So anyway it was still very soft when dry, smoother, and MOISTURIZED- it actually retained moisture!
Woo hoo for soft, smooth and moisturized hair!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by BohoStreet 8th March 2010, 7:15 pm

Ok, I'm a lil slow on the uptake, but what is ACV?
BohoStreet
BohoStreet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 8th March 2010, 7:19 pm

Apple Cider Vinegar
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down