CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can wet hair trigger your asthma?

4 posters

Go down

Can wet hair trigger your asthma? Empty Can wet hair trigger your asthma?

Post by sen10rita 18th February 2011, 1:10 pm

Hello, ladies. Very Happy I hope you guys are having a great week. Well, I have asthma and as of 02/17/11, I had an asthma attack! Sad I was sick two weeks before this past Tuesday. I am close to Dallas and the weather here has been beautiful for once! dance We have reached the 70s now and I decided to wash and go ever since Monday. Tuesday of this week was when I became sick(throat was extremely soar and I could hardly swallow anything). So ladies, I wanted to ask if you have asthma, do you personally experience wash and gos at all? If yes, how often? Does it trigger your asthma? Thanks for your inputs!!! woot!
sen10rita
sen10rita

Back to top Go down

Can wet hair trigger your asthma? Empty Re: Can wet hair trigger your asthma?

Post by psbest 18th February 2011, 2:06 pm

For me, I have to watch myself because I can't have my hair too wet and then go out ... I can't have too many wash and gos in whole week. It will make me sick and then start to mess with my asthma a little. Just try not to do it too often. I asked this before when I first cut my hair. I am trying to wear more protective styles but I do have to wet my hair a little everyday when I go out because it seems to matt down. Since I had my flu shot last semester, it doesn't act up as bad. Also, I can't take a lot of smells from the products and then go outside so be cautious of that as well. I wouldn't say I would have an asthma attack every day it felt like I was getting sick but I was sure getting sick or catching a fever.
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 18th February 2011, 6:06 pm

I havent done a wash n go since the summer & i have asthma I did go outside the other night to take my dog out & my head was wet/damp before that time I was feeling well Today I have a sore throat
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by sen10rita 19th February 2011, 12:32 am

@psbest:Thank you for the advices. I plan to only wash it less now. Have you had any problems in the summer? I want to get braids now since I can't let my curls pop out everyday, lol.

@Sebastain13: Aw, I'm sorry that your throat is not feeling well. I will keep you in my prayers. So, would you say that the best time to do a wash and go is mainly for the summer time?

sen10rita
sen10rita

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 19th February 2011, 8:34 pm

lol ... Well since I BC'd in Sept. I haven't really experienced much with my hair in summer.
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by sen10rita 20th February 2011, 7:02 pm

@psbest: Oh! Lol. Well, the both of us will found out together. Wink
sen10rita
sen10rita

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th February 2011, 7:47 pm

In addition to the exposure to the cold, scrutinize the ingredients in the products. That can def be a culprit. Some of these products are highly scented or you just may be allergic to them even if they are not highly scented. That has been my experience. I have to be very careful.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by sen10rita 22nd February 2011, 3:13 am

@naturallynola: Thank you for the advice. I will keep my eyes out. I am sorry that even the scent can harm you. Sad
sen10rita
sen10rita

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down