CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash and NO!!!!

+11
NaturallyLovely
JazzyCurlyRN
Apearl
asanterochelle
.:Eden:.
Mrs.ATLien
krenea
Natural Wheezes
Kea::curls
tiashaunteƩ
NikE
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wash and NO!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Wash and NO!!!!

Post by Apearl 10th December 2009, 3:20 pm

@ Krenea I understand. I tried my method of only combing & brushing while wet to reduce shedding.

Even when your hair gets long you could possible do it without using a comb, even to detangle. I have a friend who's hair is longer than mine, who goes weeks only using her hands in her hair. Which is why I tried it. My curls and talent level does not allow me to do so!
Apearl
Apearl

http://public.fotki.com/ApearlC/

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 10th December 2009, 4:49 pm

tia has a blog site named Her Best Hair where it shows that even combing hair gently can cause split ends. I figured that I'm reaping double benefits by not combing by having the curls I love and avoiding split ends.

Also, I've read in a few places that if you allow your hair sufficient time, it will become "trained" to curl up, even after you detangle with a comb. After my 30-day no-comb challenge is over, I'm going to wash, deep-condition, detangle, then do two strand twists for the two-weeks I'm off during christmas break.

Yeah, I think a lot of curly heads avoid combs...Curly Nikki May be one of them! We should ask her how she detangles!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 10th December 2009, 5:42 pm

@krenea - Thanks, can't wait to see those pics!

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 11th December 2009, 10:41 pm

I am so gonna try the bagging technique as well as the no combing for 30 day...
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovely 27th December 2009, 6:30 am

NikkiE wrote:Hey ladies,

Sooooo I just recently took down my sew-in, and unleashed my natural hair to the world. Being that this was already diffcult, I was totally disappointed when my twist out turned out a mess, so I tried a WNG yesterday, which was ok for uhhhhh about 4 hours. Once my hair dried it went bananas! I have a wierd but even mixture of sporadic curls and just plain ol frizz. I slept with a satin bonnet and tried to revive my WNG for work this morning, but I find that it's just keeps shrinking and the frizzy parts get more frizzy as the curly parts get more curly...what in the world is going on with my head?! I will attempt to post pictures.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Nik E

Hi Nikkie and Ladies (with moisture and frizz issues),

I use Smooth 'n Shine Curl Activator Gel (my staple). It will get rid of the frizz, clump the curls, condition the hair and keep it moisturized. Once it dries and it dries fast your hair is baby soft and no residue, tackiness or sticky feeling (all natural) and great on next day hair. I know I sound like a walking billboard but honey this product is the truth. Don't just take my word for it check out some of the YouTube reviews/comments. Honey503, Nappilyevaafta, AfricanExport and me LovelyTrueRed. Hope this helps.
NaturallyLovely
NaturallyLovely

https://www.youtube.com/LovelyTrueRed

Back to top Go down

Post by NikE 28th December 2009, 6:25 pm

Thanks NaturallyLovely!!! I'm definitely gonna try this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NikE
NikE

Back to top Go down

Post by perkynapp 28th December 2009, 9:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hope this helps, this is a wash n go about 5-6 days old after using Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. It is a little pricey but in my opinon-worth it. It leaves my hair shiny and curly for days.
perkynapp
perkynapp

Back to top Go down

Wash and NO!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re wash n no

Post by perkynapp 28th December 2009, 9:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tried to post a number of pics on same subject. Don't know what I'm doing-Ikes!

But this is the same wash n go after 5-6 days and using Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. Today I did use a spritz mix to give more bounce and shine since its been more than a week, it got a little dry.
perkynapp
perkynapp

Back to top Go down

Post by kinky-coily1107 2nd January 2010, 4:33 pm

I really needed to find this Post! I just attempted a WnG and I totally failed! I co-wash, condish, and did a leave-in, and once I started to style my hair it just disagreed to the fullest. I'm guessing I did have a few mistakes.

I had the wrong conditioner(I'm waiting on my HSR and Giovanni Smooth as Silk to come in. Any opinions on those 2 products?) and I put a mixture of oils on my hair after I put in the leave-in. Is that wrong? I detangled in the shower, and started to use the denman, but my hair is 2 lengths, the crown is fuller than the nape and sides.

I am most def going to try the 30-day no comb and baggy

kinky-coily1107

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMe 6th January 2010, 12:32 am

I also need a lot of help with the WNG! For those of you that cowash & baggy at night, do you let it air dry at all or just cowash and immediately put on the baggy? Is your hair still damp in the morning? Sorry if this is a silly question but I got a little confused reading the comments. Smile

JustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 6th January 2010, 1:52 am

Cowash and immediately put on the baggy. Yes, the hair is still damp/wet(but not dripping) in the morning.
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 6th January 2010, 2:17 pm

I almost never comb/brush my hair (at most, 1x a month) I use a lot of conditioner in the shower and detangle with my fingers. I have 3c/4a/4b hair that is shoulder length when curly & wet, and bra strap length when straight.

I used to use a paddle brush/wide tooth comb to detangle every time I washed (about 2-3x a week) but was losing a lot of hair! I find I lose about the same amount of hair when I detangle (with a paddle brush/wide tooth comb) 1x a month.

Last edited by cutephantasm on 6th January 2010, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to clarify something)
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 6th January 2010, 3:58 pm

I'm back on another 30 day no comb challenge. I do finger detangle in the shower with conditioner every morning, but that's it. When I did this the last time, my hair/scalp seemed to be much healthier looking and feeling.
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2