CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with wash and go!

5 posters

Go down

Help with wash and go! Empty Help with wash and go!

Post by Chelnmike816 19th January 2010, 7:28 pm

Ok I need help. I always do a wash and go on my lil girl and its not working out. I've tried the Eco Olive Oil styling gel on her hair after a wash and condition and it made her hair white and hard. Recently I'm trying to do the whole Beyond the Zone Noodle Head line. I wash her hair with there shampoo and leave in conditioner and their curl creme. It seems to work ok but it seems like her hair is not that curly at her root. How do i make her hair curly at her root to match the ends? What products should i use to do a pretty wash and go.

I have the Denman Brush finally!!! Its great
Thanks
Sorry so long!

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Help with wash and go! Empty Re: Help with wash and go!

Post by NhappyJackie 19th January 2010, 7:41 pm

If you're doing a washNgo I don't know how you will get the root to curl with having to manipulate all of her hair when it dries, which will ultimately mess up the washNgo. But you can try Curly Nikki's twist and curl, braid outs or a twist out. This will have her hair looking uniformed from root to tip, but it is not a washNgo.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 20th January 2010, 5:44 pm

Chelnmike816 - for my girls wash/go's I normally use mixed chicks products and it works wonders! Also, have you tried Kinky Curly?

Good Luck
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 22nd January 2010, 1:58 am

I just recently tried the knot today and kinky curly on my 6 year old, with nice results.
As far a straight roots go, heavy hair can weigh down the roots, so the lighter or less product, the more the roots can take their natural shape--I would think? When I use a brush after applying products to my daughter's hair, it tends to straighten the roots a bit. If you haven't already, maybe you could try detangling/brushing first, then applying product?
I saw a curly parents board on here too, maybe you can find some good input in that area? I'm taking notes on people's suggestions too!
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 22nd January 2010, 1:00 pm

@NewlyNina Glad to hear that Mixed Chicks is a good product for the Wash-N-Go! I just ordered some of the leave-in conditioner (never tried it) and it should be arriving today or tomorrow! Can't wait to try it out!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 22nd January 2010, 2:59 pm

@Natural 83 I'm sure you'll love it. I did! After I BC this will probably be one of my go 2s. But please note to detangle hair first and then apply product. The more you mess with the hair after the product is in.....the hair will frizz out of this world. We had to learn the hard way...LOL! But got it right the second time. Good Luck!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down